Andreas

Uploading consciousness to a computer

29 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Would you think it is possible to be consciously reborn inside an artificial machine/human in comparison to an animal?

If consciousness contains everything, then it's possible to be reborn in a machine because you just have to scan and simulate your brain in a machine. The simulator presumably exists in consciousness, too. According to Leo, an ego localizes consciousness and claims that it owns consciousness. I think an ego can be run as a software.

Here's how I would upload my consciousness to a machine.

• Convert your brain to a machine brain one cell at a time.
  • Synchronize your machine brain with a remote computer.
  • Gradually move your brain's functionalities to the remote computer until nothing is left in your skull.
  • At the end, you are a remotely controlled biological machine. You will be able to haunt any body.

It's far easier said than done. This method doesn't interrupt the continuity of your ego.

This assumes the existence of quantum communication which happens instantaneously without latency.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat The nun or/either female monk was noticing something, I fell out of line during the zen practices and I sort of felt guilty, they really do not impose anything onto you really nothing. There are some rules etc. Yet, the people there are very nice and it is heartwarming.  I am not denying that they have some hangups some members etc, yet they do not do shadow work that would be a solution. This is what Ken Wilber criticized about monasteries no idea what the psyche exactly is physically. Yet, there are some legit "cults". 

Would you not need to cut someone's skull open in order to transfer cells from the brain to a brain-machine? How is it possible to transfer cells? Or even information from cells? I can imagine having a robot which has the necessary hardware to deal with the complexity of data streaming into its a system, like.. vagus nerve transporting neurotransmitters to the brain. Yet, not sure how human tissue could be transmigrated to a machine. Not sure if even necessary. I can imagine copying functions from like how neurons fire and wire, or creating intelligence if I assume correctly this is what deep learning is about, just ways of functioning, patterns of recognition and output w/e.  We just talked about something similar about quantum smth. in today's lecture, ideally, I even can start something a.i related. This is also similar to Rupert Sheldrake's morphogenetic fields I assume. 

5 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Would you not need to cut someone's skull open in order to transfer cells from the brain to a brain-machine? How is it possible to transfer cells? Or even information from cells? I can imagine having a robot which has the necessary hardware to deal with the complexity of data streaming into its a system, like.. vagus nerve transporting neurotransmitters to the brain. Yet, not sure how human tissue could be transmigrated to a machine. Not sure if even necessary. I can imagine copying functions from like how neurons fire and wire, or creating intelligence if I assume correctly this is what deep learning is about, just ways of functioning, patterns of recognition and output w/e.  We just talked about something similar about quantum smth. in today's lecture, ideally, I even can start something a.i related. This is also similar to Rupert Sheldrake's morphogenetic fields I assume.

There can be cellular machines that enter and replicate themselves in the brain. They can take over biological cells one by one. Taking over the brain cells one by one seems to be the only way to not lose continuity of the ego.

Replace one human neuron at a time with a machine neuron.

Edited by CreamCat

29 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@CreamCat Are there videos of this somewhere? I am curious how this looks like. This is insane. Great info! thanks a lot!

There is no video for this. I just read about it somewhere.

@NorthRise that IS incredible, thanks for sharing. What's interesting is that human faces are much clearer than other objects.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Andreas It might be real, idk.

This reminds me of the interesting philosophical question. Supposing the materialist paradigm was real, imagine a teleportation device which worked by disintegrating your body (killing you) in some location but then you were your atomic structure was recreated atom by atom in another place far away. Is the clone formed still you? If your consciousness could be uploaded to a computer, would it be you? Would you still be alive?

Under the premise of the materialist paradigm, I think the answer would be yes. Interesting thought experiment nonetheless. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.