flowboy

pickup schedule advice needed

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to see how I could regularly go out without it messing up my sleep and morning meditations, but I feel stuck.

I work 8 hours a day, 4 days a week. I can work from 9 to 17 or 11 to 19:00, it's that flexible.

I planned to get up at 6. I keep failing, though. Why? Because I keep forgetting in the evenings, that that means I have to be going to bed at 21:30.

I'm stuck and it's time to make a decision. Am I serious about this ambition to do an hour of meditation in the morning? Or am I just dabbling, playing around?

If I'm serious, that means I have to stop trying to prove to myself that I'm a fun sociable person by hanging out with people way too late during weekdays. It means I have to go home at 9 wherever I am. Or, if I'm staying over somewhere, apply the same rule. I'm going to bed at nine thirty and setting an alarm at 6. I don't care if whoever I'm staying with thinks that's early.

I must be willing to miss an opportunity to get laid, because I care about my sleep and my meditation habit.

I don't know if I'm strong enough for that, but I'm going to try. David Deida would approve.

Then how do I go out and practice pickup? During weekdays, only for an hour max, I guess.

I could skip dinner...

At RSD they say that to get good, you need to go out for 4 nights a week, 4 hours a night. That's fine, I guess I'll just not eat dinner and be perpetually underslept for the next three years...?

How do you combine going out with getting up early? Is this even doable or am I deluding myself?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Technically I have never been a PUA because I never bothered with cold approach. 

I have had a lot of success from dating apps though. It is much more time efficient then cold approach and going out. 

And it really is the exact same thing once you get past the initial 'approach' getting the phone number phase. 

@SFRL  I realise that. I'm having a good time with dating apps as well.

But my goal is to practice approaching people in real life, so that I can do it spontaneously, whenever I see someone I want to meet.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy if you want to go out every day of the he week I would stick with the 11.00 -19.00 schedule and meditate after work then go out. 

If time is pressing, try 30 minutes a night for pickup. A few approaches here and there, and 2 nights a week you can spend longer.

Or cut the meditation time to 15 minutes.

What I would do is go with the flow. On the days you have time to meditate, do an hour. On days you dont because of a big night, do 15 minutes.

And if you go out and sets just arent hooking, cut it short to 30 minutes. Tomorrow is another day. But if you are out and you feel the night is on fire and you are on fire, keep going.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

What I would do is go with the flow. On the days you have time to meditate, do an hour. On days you dont because of a big night, do 15 minutes.

And if you go out and sets just arent hooking, cut it short to 30 minutes. Tomorrow is another day. But if you are out and you feel the night is on fire and you are on fire, keep going.

This is great advice! A bit challenging for me, because I like rules haha. Will try this, thank you!

53 minutes ago, SFRL said:

if you want to go out every day of the he week I would stick with the 11.00 -19.00 schedule and meditate after work then go out. 

That makes sense! Probably I've been clinging too much to the idea of doing everything in the morning. Thank you