Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montecristo

Anyone have experience with psychedelic retreats?

3 posts in this topic

I will have a few weeks free starting on the 25th of march. I really want to attend a psychedelic retreat in a professional setting. I cant access any where I live so I figure the best thing is to go somewhere that facilitates the experience.

I am comfortable with the idea of radically altering my state of consciousness, though I have never taken real psychedelics. 

I know people say thc is not a psychedelic but when you have a low tolerance and take a massive dose of edibles i suspect you are breaking into the realm of psychedlics, I have experienced major shifts in consciousness as well as psychedelic visuals when the right conditions are present with thc. would love some perspectives from those of you who actually know.

in any event I’m a mutt, half irish on my moms side and russian italian on my dads, I guess the ancestral psychedelic applicable to me is mushrooms, seeing as they grow wild in Ireland. So I think it is a good place to start, though I want to run the gamut with different substances eventually including 5MEO.

my question is where should I go? budget/location is a non-issue.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Strong doses of cannabis edibles can give a quasi-psychedelic experience. In particular, discomfort and anxiety of losing touch with reality. I've found there is a letting go and surrender aspect on edibles. 

I did an Ayahuasca retreat in Peru that was amazing. Based on the Ayahuasca and San Pedro retreats down there, I would put in effort to researching to find a reputable retreat that is the real deal. There are lots of half-ass, shabby retreats. Yet, also some very high quality ones. In addition to the actual psychedelic ceremonies, I would recommend getting a feel for the community. My retreat was within a small community in the mountains of Peru. This community was at a very high conscious level. I'd say Turquoise-centered on the SD scale. This was much higher than my conscious level at the time and they helped pull me up. The ceremonies were powerful, yet the time outside the ceremonies were equally powerful, in a different way. Interacting with participants and community members. This is where a lot of integration happened for me.

Aya retreats can be intense, yet very profound. The majority of participants say it was the most profound experience of their life (including me). San Pedro would be less intense, yet can also be very profound.

Hej there

Just 1 week ago i finished a 10 day Ayahuasca and San Pedro retreat in the Antes of Colombia at a really really good retreat center. If you have the money and the time i suggest to go there if you really want a multiple day/week retreat. 

It was truly amazing, i have experienced several other psychodelics in the past and definitely got a lot out of them but on the retreat i got the deepest states and realisations yet.

If you decide so, be careful where to go, there are a lot of ppl out there just wanting to make money and don't rly care about your wellbeing. If you like send me a private message and I'll let you know where i was.