Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

198 posts in this topic

@Dumb Enlightened Ah yes. Welcome to the path my friend. It'll get really wild if you keep surrendering.

I suggest the path of surrender, listening to music that comes from a loving artist, eating good, healthy food, and above all else, yearning for enlightenment. 

And I would highly suggest to not take pharmaceuticals if you are not sick, and specially to avoid painkillers if you do not have an actual wound or infection that needs treatment. You don't want to alter your body chemistry too much. 

Basically, surrender is about doing away with your resistances. You can feel resistances in your body very vividly. In fact you've been feeling them your entire life - just been ignoring them. Upset stomach? Clenching sensation in your groin? Feeling of anxiety above your diaphragm? Frequent throat aches? These are all symptoms of resistance in my experience (baring actual physical ailments). So keep surrendering to life. Intend to have them cleared. Give them attention. Breathe into them. That sort of thing. There are various yoga and upaya for this stuff. Just desire enlightenment and a higher level of consciousness. 

14 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Dumb Enlightened Does your experience come with substantial physical symptoms - mostly energetic movements in your body? For me that's a good sign of discerning whether what you experience is just in the mind or in your physical being as well. Do you experience rushes of energy? Opening in your stomach or heart or forehead? Do you experience fleeting ecstasy? Sensation of electric fire burning the skin? Do you experience anything happening with your spine? 

When you say it has not changed "me" what is this me referring to? Is it unchanging stillness at the core of your being or something else? 

Yes I felt some physical stuff, Like some sort of energy going through the whole body, It happens sometimes during the day, sometimes weaker sometimes stronger, some kind of pressure in the forehead, but these feelings change along the day, right now I am feeling pressure in the forehead, there's even a sensation of something in the skin, on that spot, but I am not feeling energy through the body. There's something in the heart region, but I'm not sure what is, just a sensation.
When I say me, I refer to the behaviors, the mind/body patterns like things I want to eat or drink, stuff I like and don't like to do.

17 minutes ago, Shin said:

Your own cleverness is the biggest obstacle to your own freedom.

You're so clever that you trapped yourself.

OMG nice!

That was “me”! 

The only way to “win”, is surrender, cause there’s just no winning. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Dumb Enlightened Well just try to raise the energy. It all depends on your intentions. If you just intend for it to raise, then it will, and new ways of experiencing life will open to you. There a numerous practices to help raise you energy. All sorts of yoga, meditation techniques, breathing exercises, even drugs.

Going back to the topic question, I don't really come on here as often as I used to. If I do come here, I just view it most of the times. I still appreciate Leo's work--great insights that pointed out the most profound things for me. I noticed some ppl mentioned life purpose. I agree. If you plan your life purpose properly, you don't have to repeat yourself very often on a forum or anywhere. Let others find you when they're ready.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

OMG nice!

That was “me”! 

The only way to “win”, is surrender, cause there’s just no winning. 

My psychologist laughed at me because «I'm so smart to find excuses to not do what I really want to do».

That was 7 years ago but I still remember, because If she laughed, it must have been pretty hardcore ???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Yes she laughed at me. But she stop laughed when she understand that I was just having mind sex with her.

Like this topic. When 2 enlightned masters beat at each others. Sure she was a bit more enlightned. 15 y of more than me. Expected

getting more pharma crack for free until they didn't wanted

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ok, so you're basically telling me you know something that I don't yet know.  That's how these all begin isn't it?  Same with the Buddha has no Ego that was used previously for the same purpose.  You've fallen into the same snare you're trying to help me out of.  

What is that which knows?

I have never understood how people can lecture others about what happens after you die, for example, in regards to reincarnation, when they haven't died and reincarnated. Given that you lose your memory if that indeed happens. All my path ive been told by "superior" people that X happens, and they refer you to teachings, but even these teachings don't seem to have any actual proof either.

A guy called Dan Ingram speaks "factually" that it is impossible for someone to reach Buddhahood and stay alive for longer than 6 days. Where does he get this information from? And why did the Buddha last longer than 6 days at Buddhahood level?

The other thing that has never made sense to me is how you can "dissolve into Consciousness" when you die, then shortly after you "reincarnate" but sometimes with your old memories of "you" in previous lifetimes. Well how is it "you" if you got dissolved into Consciousness? You can't dissolve penicillin into water then go and pick out penicillin with your left fingers and pick out water without penicillin in it in your right fingers...it's dissolved!!

6 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

I have never understood how people can lecture others about what happens after you die, for example, in regards to reincarnation, when they haven't died and reincarnated. Given that you lose your memory if that indeed happens. All my path ive been told by "superior" people that X happens, and they refer you to teachings, but even these teachings don't seem to have any actual proof either.

A guy called Dan Ingram speaks "factually" that it is impossible for someone to reach Buddhahood and stay alive for longer than 6 days. Where does he get this information from? And why did the Buddha last longer than 6 days at Buddhahood level?

The other thing that has never made sense to me is how you can "dissolve into Consciousness" when you die, then shortly after you "reincarnate" but sometimes with your old memories of "you" in previous lifetimes. Well how is it "you" if you got dissolved into Consciousness? You can't dissolve penicillin into water then go and pick out penicillin with your left fingers and pick out water without penicillin in it in your right fingers...it's dissolved!!

The Ego-Mind loves to manufacture self-serving stories and then cling to them as if they're real.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Before enlightenment chop cyberwood and carry digiwater after enlightenment chop cyberwood and carry digiwater.

I don't find that chop wood quote to be accurate either.

Before chop wood carry water, whine about it and suffer.
After, chop wood, carry water. No suffering, no attatchment, no whining... surely?

21 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

I don't find that chop wood quote to be accurate either.

Before chop wood carry water, whine about it and suffer.
After, chop wood, carry water. No suffering, no attatchment, no whining... surely?

What it means is that Enlightenment is not being stuck in la la land.  La la land is still being stuck in the Mind, stuck in stories.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

You seem to miss the point of that saying and why I was using it, @thesmileyone. The original post was asserting that relatively routine behavior somehow is an indication of whether someone experiences liberation and that saying asserts it has no real value in showing it. I just updated it....

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Ego-Mind loves to manufacture self-serving stories and then cling to them as if they're real.

If we practice music we understand music is nature.

Thoughts are not fake. They are nature will.

If you believe in a sense and thoses ideas comes again and again.

Maybe delusion is real

23 minutes ago, Aeris said:

If we practice music we understand music is nature.

Thoughts are not fake. They are nature will.

If you believe in a sense and thoses ideas comes again and again.

Maybe delusion is real

Over time you can see how the Mind makes sh*t up using it's own logic and language.  It's like being able to see all your boyfriend's flaws after you've been with him for many years in relationship.  But did you see those flaws initially?  No.  Do we see the Mind's flaws initially?  No -- you gotta live with the Mind for many years to see the Mind's flaws.  And you have to be an observant person too and care to know.  People in their 20's who are in the throws of filing their Minds with conceptual knowledge are like the newbie in the relationship with the boyfriend, it's much harder to see flaws.  But what happens when you're in your 40's and you've been there and done that with the Mind and with the boyfriend for many years, what do you see then?  When the lust of sex and knowledge is gone as the newbie becomes experienced, how does that change what you're capable of noticing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

What is a flaw ?

Isn't the idea of flaw vs perfection ideas ? Doesn't this cancel itself ?

Why you/we keep using duality like fake vs truth.

Sometimes I produce aa music with many flaws. And everyone like it this way. It still makes sense. And as long as the music goes. The sense of truth is hold somewhere

Edited by Aeris

19 minutes ago, Aeris said:

What is a flaw ?

Isn't the idea of flaw vs perfection ideas ? Doesn't this cancel itself ?

Why you/we keep using duality like fake vs truth.

Sometimes I produce aa music with many flaws. And everyone like it this way. It still makes sense. And as long as the music goes. The sense of truth is hold somewhere

What about suffering caused by a Mind that's joined at the hip with an unenlightened Ego, or a boyfriend who has the mind of a sociopath?  Or how about a sandwich that tastes like dung?  How about thinking you're getting laid by a girl and finding out he's not a girl, hopefully before the act lol?  Suffering, suffering, suffering, right?  That's sorta points to how I was using the word "flaw".  Getting married to a dog of a man is a flaw -- having a bunch of kids with a loser, dog of a man is a flaw.  Not smart, and causes a lot of suffering, right?  Drinking a cup of laundry detergent and thinking it's a cup of juice is a flaw in a similar way.  Suffering, suffering, suffering.  How about injecting yourself with a recreational drug causing you to have a heart attack or even death?  How about trying to take a selfie on the edge of a cliff and falling off the back of an unsecured railing to your death?   Oops, right!  Oops, mama I married a dog, loser of a man.  Oops, I believe all this horsesh*t metaphysics.  Oops lolz.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I just see experience, I started to believe suffering is no different from the rest, it just a word, why do you put such a word by the way. it's your own feeling of the experience, for me it's love.

I don't see this. I see love, when she is with me and put her hands in my back, ripping off my skins, ho damn, I hate it and like it at the same time hahaha

I see your point though, I just tell, for some the poison is the cure, the cure is the poison, and sometimes both in the same time are the solution.

it's always relative, the truth / fakery is always context dependant.

I would tell, if you live with a big fear of death, it makes effectively your mind wander about everything, what about don't giving a fuck to be alive or dead ? but in the meantime it's a game, and player have to play. Play fairly and the game become an happy adventure, with high & low, or maybe just the story

Edited by Aeris

I think problem here is that you think that Enlightenment must come with some certain Personality, which is not the case, change will be there, as our personality changes constantly, separation from mind would be closer statement, but it does not mean that you do not have personality with "flaws", at that point really it does not matter, as you are not attached to it.

So even though from your point of view  it might look like person is attached to mind,ego, it might as well not be the case, that is why you will never know for sure, you can have person with your "perfect" traits who is attached to his personality and one with not so great who is not, if that makes any sense to you. 

@Highest still having somewhat of an ego, but seeing it as a background noise, basically not identified with thoughts, but more the true observer of a thought, maybe very little mind chatter whatsoever. But then again I’m not enlightened so what the fuck do “I” know