Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

198 posts in this topic

This puzzles more then anything, it seems the people that are “enlightened” are on this forum more then anyone ?

but honestly how is sitting on here arguing about enlightenment with people helping you if you are enlightened???? 

Also how come all of the heavy hitter Main stream “enlightened” people aren’t on this forum? 

many of these “enlightened people” you would think they would want to help us. But most of them seem to be smart asses that like to type with their chest puffed out & don’t seem enlightened at all. 

Go ahead, enlighten me ?

Edited by Tony 845
Granmar

Why are you worried about others?  Focus on your own game.

And further — how does one know they’re Enlightened?

There’s plenty of people on here who think they’re Enlightened, yet they couldn’t be more different from each other even if they tried to be.

So, don’t you see that discussion and difference of perspective is warranted and useful even among the so called Enlightened?

You act as if all Enlightened people agree.  That’s a myth; it couldn’t be further from the truth.

This is a much longer discussion than you currently appreciate.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor cause I’m calling bluffs around here, I still have an ego lol 

also cause I’m getting info from people who I honestly think aren’t enlightened whatsoever, that claim they are! 

Edited by Tony 845

This puzzles more then anything, it seems the people that are “enlightened” are on this forum more then anyone ?

There's certainly lots of devils on this forum, don't make the mistake to confuse them with actual enlightened beings. People that are far on the path are generally easy to spot. As Leo said in his Ten Ox-Herding Pictures video, look out for people that are very humble, those are the one who will be able to help you the most in your journey.

but honestly how is sitting on here arguing about enlightenment with people helping you if you are enlightened???? 

Let's say that after 5/10 years of diligent practice you encountered ultimate reality, wouldn't you be genuinely happy to be able to assist someone who is on the path? I think I would!

Also how come all of the heavy hitter Main stream “enlightened” people aren’t on this forum? 

Most of these people already have a community of their own to handle. Some of them actively teach, some of them have a retreat center to run, some of them just aren't interested in participating in an online forum.

And as always, I'm not enlightened myself, far from it. Take what I say with a grain of salt, forge your own opinions :)

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@Tony 845 You are puzzled by your belief in enlightened people, and separate beings. That puzzle is a distraction to the real puzzle, you.

Just take one minute to consider...how is that someone else could be enlightened? Doesn’t enlightenment denote, everyone is One? Obviously, only you could become enlightened, because only you are holding your beliefs.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

53 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

Actually they do.

#Oneness

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why are you worried about others?  Focus on your own game.

And further — how does one know they’re Enlightened?

There’s plenty of people on here who think they’re Enlightened, yet they couldn’t be more different from each other even if they tried to be.

So, don’t you see that discussion and difference of perspective is warranted and useful even among the so called Enlightened?

You act as if all Enlightened people agree.  That’s a myth; it couldn’t be further from the truth.

This is a much longer discussion than you currently appreciate.

Ego ^^^^^^^ this is what I’m talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

Ego ^^^^^^^ this is what I’m talking about. 

In what sense?

@Joseph Maynor if you are arguing and or disagreeing is that not EGO? ?‍♂️ On some level???

Edited by Tony 845

27 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@Joseph Maynor if you are arguing and or disagreeing is that not EGO? ?‍♂️ On some level???

I don’t delude myself to think I’m without Ego.  Ego is a mechanism that exists.  The Mind loves to imagine that Enlightenment means no Ego.  That’s not what transcendence of Ego is.  Transcendence of Ego doesn’t mean no Ego.  It would be impossible for there to be no Ego — but the Mind loves to pretend otherwise.  It’s a silly erroneous belief to me at this point to pretend that one should have no Ego.  However, if one wishes to transcend the Ego, that can be done to a greater or lesser extent.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@ajasatya @ajasatya you enlightened yes or no? 

yes. i have no emotional/mental/existential struggles. life feels great everyday. its been 3~4 years.

unborn Truth

@Joseph Maynor can you please explain what ego means to you? 

Ego is a feeling (sense of me, i feeling) or ego is a thought? 

2 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Tony 845 i am here for those in deep shit. maybe my experience can serve someone.

I definitely think it has, you offer some of the best tough love I've seen on here personally 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows