Charlotte

Nicotine withdrawal

20 posts in this topic

I've quit nicotine completely out of the eliquid I vape (planning to knock it all the head) I've suddenly found myself constantly thinking about food. I go to sleep, food, I wake up, food, I walk the dogs... You guessed it food. Food food food food fooooooood!! ?

I've never been like this. Only since quitting nicotine. Please tell me this in a natural side effect from nicotine withdrawal and I'm not just a greedy bitch? 

@Charlotte Embrace your greedy bitchness, the one who loves the nicotine, Love “her” to death!   NO CONSCIOUSNESS WORK while going through withdrawal! Keep it simple - “it’s the withdrawal”. It’s not you, it’s not the past or future, it’s the withdrawal. Drink water constantly, it helps diminish the oral / hand habit. Peeing all day is better than putting on 10 pounds. L-Theanine, HTP-5, can be very helpful mood / I will murder you - wise. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Oh Nahm ?? your spot on dude. 

Why no consciousness work? 

Yes I am drinking water aaaalll the tiiime. Yes 5-HTP worked very well back in the day for me so I'll go pick some up because I feel like I wanna do a Homer Simpson Bart strangle on everyone right now ? 

I did get a bit of weed off my brother last night (literally a tiny bit) and I'm thinking about popping some into a pipe and going walking in the forest. (It would also be a good opportunity for letting go) what do you reckon? 

Charlotte, nicotine numbs your appetite so it just makes sense that you start to crave foods more especially calorie dense. I'd advise mindful eating in weeks to come to prevent weight gain and maybe tracking your calories in something like cronometer to make sure you don't overeat ;) 

Your body can finally start the cleansing & dotexification of residue nicotine and heavy metals it accumulated so make sure to eat well and clean to help your liver doing all the hard work . Well done on this decision ! A lot of willpower will be required in weeks to come but it is absolutely worth it for your long term health. 

should you need a bit of help, try L-Theanine supplement, it helps with production of GABA, an inhibiting neurotransmitter that helps calm your nervous system whenever the cravings get too bad. It is just an amino acid found in green tea, non-addictive. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Thank you so much Michael for your reply. I thought I was starting to develop an eating disorder of some sort (seriously) then this morning I remembered that I had quit nicotine 3/4 days ago. "That's why I can't stop thinking about food!" I've totally underestimated this process. 

Any idea how long approx it will take for me to be 'free' of nicotine? 

Aye I'll pick up some 5-htp or L-Theanine. Thanks so much

❤️

@Michael569  I picked these up the other day at tkmaxx for experiential purposes do you think they would help as they contain 150mg of L- theanine per 2 caps?IMG_20190318_142404.jpgIMG_20190318_142412.jpg

@Charlotte yop, this shit is good!  We just talked about this particular one at school yesterday, has a great blend of nootropics, adaptogenic herbs, magnesium and L-theanine. I think this can definitely help. 

Careful with caffeine though as it will go against what these caps are trying to achieve by stimulating you. 

12 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Any idea how long approx it will take for me to be 'free' of nicotine? 

Could be months up to years before your tissues are completely clean..depends on strenght and number of fags a day, duration of smoking,  liver health, nutrient availability for Phase I&II detoxification, presence of some enzymes clearing out all the crap. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

theanine / thea apparently block the receptor that ask you to go for nicotine ( I read it from science rs, you can find on internet easy I suppose ) 

it worked for me, and I played video games in my home the whole week, whatever, I do not play after this week, I choose something not too much addictive as a game, but enough to not think of taking down people around. 

Edited by Aeris

@Michael569 Oh awesome! How coincidental is that! I bought these the other day before the symptoms kicked in properly. ? The universe knew I were gonna need these before turning into full blown psycho mode then ?

Caffeine Micheal? Where?

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

@Charlotte yop, this shit is good!  We just talked about this particular one at school yesterday, has a great blend of nootropics, adaptogenic herbs, magnesium and L-theanine. I think this can definitely help. 

Careful with caffeine though as it will go against what these caps are trying to achieve by stimulating you. 

Could be months up to years before your tissues are completely clean..depends on strenght and number of fags a day, duration of smoking,  liver health, nutrient availability for Phase I&II detoxification, presence of some enzymes clearing out all the crap. 

Yeah I was vaping for about 4 years

@Aeris thanks for your input!!

3 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Caffeine Micheal? Where?

sorry, not related to the supplement, I should have structured the response more comprehensively :D just coffee generally. 

@Michael569 Oh right yeah I see it now. 

Yeah I don't have caffeine anyway Michael so I'm okay in that department. I think they are working already ? thanks again brother ❤️

@Charlotte I've quit smoking 6 months ago after I read a thread on this forum stating that quitting is easy. I thought quitting after 9 years of smoking cigarettes is hard but it really wasn't. I just quit cold turkey. After quitting I felt the urge to eat constantly too but after 3 months I was back to my former healthy eating habits. You got this :D

@Odysseus 9 years?! Wow! Well done my man ??

I've already put on 3lb there's no way I can cope with this for 3 months ? I worked so so hard to get the weight off initially. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment because usually I'd counteract the extra nibbling with some serious exercise but the body is healing at the moment so I'm like giphy (2).gif

Got to watch everything I eat and count the calories.... Hate it ? be worth it in the long run though. 

Thanks dude ❤️

The first time I quit I ate an alarming amount of chocolate bars... per day!

Then I started stealing them.

Not because I became a kleptomaniac but because I was so out of it I forgot to pay.

You'll be back to normal in a week and from then on it's just watching out for triggers. May need an outlet for the extra energy though, like workouts.

For motivation what I did was write down one reason that I am happy to be a non-smoker every day, and hang it on my wall. I did this for 30 days. My wall was full of them. But it worked.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

The first time I quit I ate an alarming amount of chocolate bars... per day!

Then I started stealing them.

Not because I became a kleptomaniac but because I was so out of it I forgot to pay.

patric.gif

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

9 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Why no consciousness work?.......I wanna do a Homer Simpson Bart strangle on everyone right now

Withdrawal is enough. Try to stay light, silly, carefree.  You’re quitting because you love that girl. So just love and take care. Trying to do consciousness work on top of the withdrawal could lead to wanting to strangle yourself, beating up on yourself, etc. 

9 hours ago, Charlotte said:

I did get a bit of weed off my brother last night (literally a tiny bit) and I'm thinking about popping some into a pipe and going walking in the forest. (It would also be a good opportunity for letting go) what do you reckon? 

Really hard to say. I’ve seen people quit heavy cocaine addiction by smoking weed for 4 days literally all day, and then not interested in weed after.  I’ve seen other people try weed once and be addicted for decades. I suppose you’d have to just do an honesty check as to wether you’re inclined to addiction to weed. 

(And then the answer you want).... Oh ya, you totally should.  Lock the fridge up tho.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@flowboy @Charlotte I can confirm stage chocolate bar. Like flowboy said the obsessiv phase is over after a week or so. I quickly swapped chocolate with carottes and other root vegetables (because they take a shit ton of time to eat). Luckily I didn't end up orange like Trump :) 

Chewing gum can also help short term.

@flowboy Thanks for replying. Really great idea writing things on the wall ❤️ I think I'll do the same. Totally get what you mean with the out of control'ness. Thanks for making me feel better and less like a greedy cow ?xD

@Odysseus Stage chocolate bar xD 

Thanks for replying! 

My sweet tooth is being hit with fruit and rice cakes so I'm not doing too bad. 

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Withdrawal is enough. Try to stay light, silly, carefree.  You’re quitting because you love that girl. So just love and take care. Trying to do consciousness work on top of the withdrawal could lead to wanting to strangle yourself, beating up on yourself, etc. 

I get it now yeah, I'm with ya. 

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Really hard to say. I’ve seen people quit heavy cocaine addiction by smoking weed for 4 days literally all day, and then not interested in weed after.  I’ve seen other people try weed once and be addicted for decades. I suppose you’d have to just do an honesty check as to wether you’re inclined to addiction to weed. 

(And then the answer you want).... Oh ya, you totally should.  Lock the fridge up tho.

To be completely honest Nahm the reason I wanted to give it a little whirl was because this is where the fear initially started. After being spiked with CBD oil that's when then the panics came. I don't see my self getting addicted at all to weed. I've never been a massive fan plus my brother is a very fine example of what can happen with addiction and that's enough to put anybody off believe me. 

@Charlotte cool your doing it!!! 

l-theanin worked like magic for me - but i also had these magic fermented cacao beans i threw in whenever the craving came up. also strong ginger tea is recommendable.

have some alternative herbs at hand for the case you get tempted! pluto recommended mullein then, i like it’s sweet taste but also had some with damiana some weeks ago. these are just for the occasion and better than backlashing ;).

you‘ll do it! if i could, you can, too!

edit: 

i had to overdose with l-theanin for some days. it’s ok because you need to take a lot until it’s risky, but be aware that the other ingredients in your product might not.

Edited by now is forever