Rilles

Dealing With MDMA Comedown

9 posts in this topic

Im feeling very very anxious today. Alot of dark/empty feelings. Does anyone have any practical tips? I did it two times and only waited a week. Stupid. ??‍♂️ Help? 

Im a first timer btw. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

19 minutes ago, Nic said:

Thank you Nic! 

I usually take a couple 5-htp, go running, avoid interacting with strangers and take it easy. Stay mindful of your emotions and try to disidentify with them. Maybe write about them.

Hypothetically.

I never do drugs.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

3 minutes ago, flowboy said:

I usually take a couple 5-htp, go running, avoid interacting with strangers and take it easy. Stay mindful of your emotions and try to disidentify with them. Maybe write about them.

Hypothetically.

I never do drugs.

Seems I gotta buy myself some 5-htp. Yes, luckily being a fairly experienced meditator now I can easily sense when my thoughts are spiraling downward and I dont play into them too much. Im feeling a little bit better now, time is my friend it seems.  

Oh me neither, SWIM does them though. :D

If all else fails...

Have the courage to wait it out and face it head on. Say to yourself, "Im gonna face this, Im gonna do this whole heartedly. Bring this depression on. Lets do it."

Use an attitude of iron fisted determination. Wear an indomitable spirit.

This type of attitude one can adopt in a Viktor Frankyl sense. I use it as a means to exercise some of Gurdjieffs 'Fourth Way Philosophy.' Fourth way is akin to the way of the Sufi, Yogi and Monk.....these are three ways to spiritual mastery, the fourth way is the way of the civilian. What to do? Just pick hard psychological items to endure or face to 'wake up' to the trance humanity is in faster and get yourself to believe in your own power.

The depression/upset feelings are to do with YOUR ISSUES not the comedown of a substance. If there is anything to take away it is this. Dont confuse a comedown as some "non event." It is still part a component of your journey.

Use this time to be thankful for any issues that surface, and when you emerge out of this, examine those "issues" when you are your balanced self.

Do what you can to mitigate the effects. An ice cold shower for 10 minutes is a good magic bullet that can ease you into a deep sleep.

Beyond these efforts, use determination. If Viktor Frankyl can be tortured in a Nazi camp long term and endure it happily, you can survive an MDMA comedown.

Ive been through this before. I know the depression you speak of, the flavor to it.

30 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

If all else fails...

Have the courage to wait it out and face it head on. Say to yourself, "Im gonna face this, Im gonna do this whole heartedly. Bring this depression on. Lets do it."

Use an attitude of iron fisted determination. Wear an indomitable spirit.

This type of attitude one can adopt in a Viktor Frankyl sense. I use it as a means to exercise some of Gurdjieffs 'Fourth Way Philosophy.' Fourth way is akin to the way of the Sufi, Yogi and Monk.....these are three ways to spiritual mastery, the fourth way is the way of the civilian. What to do? Just pick hard psychological items to endure or face to 'wake up' to the trance humanity is in faster and get yourself to believe in your own power.

The depression/upset feelings are to do with YOUR ISSUES not the comedown of a substance. If there is anything to take away it is this. Dont confuse a comedown as some "non event." It is still part a component of your journey.

Use this time to be thankful for any issues that surface, and when you emerge out of this, examine those "issues" when you are your balanced self.

Do what you can to mitigate the effects. An ice cold shower for 10 minutes is a good magic bullet that can ease you into a deep sleep.

Beyond these efforts, use determination. If Viktor Frankyl can be tortured in a Nazi camp long term and endure it happily, you can survive an MDMA comedown.

Ive been through this before. I know the depression you speak of, the flavor to it.

Oh man you put it to words perfectly! Im gonna read this everytime Im starting to dip again... Thank you man! ♥️

18 minutes ago, Maximus said:

It's pretty hard. Have compassion. Also take less.

Or none at all. Some drugs are bad for some people. Find another.

Ive gotten alot more respect for my brain chemistry since this has happened... MDMA is somehow treated as if its not a dangerous substance... It can really fuck up your mental health. Just be careful guys. Do your research and dont be sloppy. ♥️

Eat some fruit/make a nourishing smoothie, exercise, spend time in nature/sunshine and ground yourself , drink lots of water ect..

Melatonin and CBD helps with sleep and Neuro-restoration

Cannabis with intention

Most importantly, Rest.

B R E A T H E