Highest

The ego is a concept

60 posts in this topic

yeah, call it what you want - if a guy teaches he teaches if a girl teaches she’s fighting - can i throw up?

7 minutes ago, now is forever said:

yeah, call it what you want - if a guy teaches he teaches if a girl teaches she’s fighting - can i throw up?

lol xD

Anyway God is the absence of ego.

When it is realized that only God exists, then ego ceases to exist now and forever. Then statements like ''God is Ego'' or ''God is so and so'' becomes redundant and misleading.

God is.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

6 minutes ago, Preetom said:

lol xD

Anyway God is the absence of ego.

When it is realized that only God exists, then ego ceases to exist now and forever. Then statements like ''God is Ego'' or ''God is so and so'' becomes redundant and misleading.

God is.actu

Actually what you said is more true??

?

if you throw up the world it always only comes in pieces.

Edited by now is forever

@Preetom@Preetom

But you cannot deny that something conceals what is real which is that only God is. That's why if you tell 80% of all human beings that only God exists and that you are God they would think you are crazy or simply disagree. But that (illusion) which conceals what is real is God too because there is only God. Every millimeter of all of reality and existence is God. 

1 hour ago, Highest said:

@Preetom@Preetom

But you cannot deny that something conceals what is real which is that only God is. That's why if you tell 80% of all human beings that only God exists and that you are God they would think you are crazy or simply disagree. But that (illusion) which conceals what is real is God too because there is only God. Every millimeter of all of reality and existence is God. 

yup..

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

The Ego is not really a concept, it's a mechanism.  It's not a concept though because if it were, Ego would disappear when no thought is present.  But that's not the case.  Ego is a mechanism that you can transcend but can't completely remove.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@now is forever You seem to have a problem with the OP using the word God to describe the true self, but Leo uses that terminology all the time. I haven't seen you argue with him at lengths about it. Theres the classic non-dual idea that everyone is a different mask/expression of God. At the end of the day we're using concepts and concepts are a sloppy imitation of the real thing so maybe you could be a bit more charitable in how you interpret the OP. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Ego is not really a concept, it's a mechanism.  It's not a concept though because if it were, Ego would disappear when no thought is present.  But that's not the case.  Ego is a mechanism that you can transcend but can't completely remove.

That the ego is a mechanism is a thought and concept. A definition you have created with your mind. 

3 minutes ago, Highest said:

That the ego is a mechanism is a thought and concept. A definition you have created with your mind. 

The Ego is not a definition, it's a mechanism.  If I put a gun to your head, your response to that will be a mechanism not a definition.

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Ego is not a definition, it's a mechanism.  If I put a gun to your head, your response to that will be a mechanism not a definition.

Nothing is mechanical. That belief which is created by the mind comes from ignorance of what reality is and how it really work. 

2 minutes ago, Highest said:

Nothing is mechanical. That belief which is created by the mind comes from ignorance of what reality is and how it really work. 

No, when I say mechanism I'm pointing using a concept.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Einstien once said "Ego is an illusion albeit a very persistant one"

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No, when I say mechanism I'm pointing using a concept.  

Okay ? 

3 hours ago, lmfao said:

@now is forever You seem to have a problem with the OP using the word God to describe the true self, but Leo uses that terminology all the time. I haven't seen you argue with him at lengths about it. Theres the classic non-dual idea that everyone is a different mask/expression of God. At the end of the day we're using concepts and concepts are a sloppy imitation of the real thing so maybe you could be a bit more charitable in how you interpret the OP. 

that‘s because of congruencies in beliefs - words point towards a direction, you can use them in one way and use the same words in another way - one priest is teaching god, the other is teaching ego. i don’t think the op is a bad person but he seems to be to full of himself. (he put himself beyond learning, the ego is already the almighty)

i argued here over months against the blind use of psychedelics because some people might exactly end up in egotheism what is not pantheism. the op already stated in another thread that he doesn’t connect to pantheism.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever I said I don't identify myself as a pantheist but that you can say I'm a pantheist because they say basically what I say: God is Everything and all that is. 

Just now, Highest said:

@now is forever I said I don't identify myself as a pantheist but that you can say I'm a pantheist because they say basically what I say: God is Everything and all that is. 

just repeating words doesn’t mean you found god - it means you found the language people describe what they belief is god. you can read the bible the koran the tora and the baghavad ghita or the vedas and interprete it differently that’s where religions split up and fight wars over. of course you can say i‘ve read it i am a believer.

@now is forever

I agree. But I am conscious and aware that only God is and that I'm God. I've had several non-dual experiences both high and sober which has made me more conscious of this. This didn't happen by reading any books. 

1 minute ago, Highest said:

@now is forever

I agree. But I am conscious and aware that only God is and that I'm God. I've had several non-dual experiences both high and sober which has made me more conscious of this. This didn't happen by reading any books. 

you need to understand that you are not only god but you are also the devil. ignoring your shadowside will lead to suffering. of course the divine is in you and it’s cute and loving - but understand that there is duality within nonduality, if you want or not. you just saw a tiny glimpse of what god really is.

@now is forever As God I know I am everything including what you mentioned. And I fully embrace all of it because it is I (God) and thus I cannot reject any of it.