kieranperez

Nootropics for ADHD Suggestions?

34 posts in this topic

What nootropics have those of you with legitimate ADHD found most helpful? I can’t afford neurofeedback nor can I go through the whole prescription process for modofinil. 

I got off 17 years of Adderall along with many other SSRIs, mood stabilizers, etc. in January of 2018 but really need a healthier yet still effective alternative to what I was on (which stopped working years ago anyways).

I would suggest looking into Adaptogenic, Ayurvedic Herbs, Medicinal mushrooms, CBD/Black seed oils and similar frequency food/stuffs. More whole foods, less chemical/technological stimulation, daily spiritual practice and eventually all becomes well. Again the more you buy into these (disorders/concepts) the more manifest and solid they become. You are the master of your reality, don't live someone else's.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

9 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Afinilexpress.com 

Enjoy :)

That site hasn’t worked for me at all. Every time I try and pay it doesn’t work. I’ve askeda couple friends to pay for it and I Venmo them but it doesn’t seem to work for them either. 

11 hours ago, Aeris said:

Thanks man

11 hours ago, pluto said:

Again the more you buy into these (disorders/concepts) the more manifest and solid they become. You are the master of your reality, don't live someone else's.

Your perspective is partial. ADHD is overdiagnozed. Without a doubt. However that doesn’t mean that it’s not a real thing. There are people out there, myself included that have legitimate ADHD. I’m a bit of a weird case because I was on Adderall (and other ADHD medication that I had to experiment with when I was younger) for 17 years so what effects that has had on my brain chemistry isn’t something I (nor can anyone) can really say with pure certainty and what caused it. 

Also this notion that all because you clean up your eating, meditate, decrease media consumption, etc. doesn’t guarantee or cure all issues. It’s just not true. Yes, those things are important and should be pursued. Not debating that. But the notion that that all of a sudden means you’re all well and good for every single person is just a fantasy. 

I get where you’re coming from though so thanks. 

@kieranperez I also had "legitimate" ADHD and many other so called "disorders" until Enlightenment smacked me in the face. Its more to do with a state of vibration than anything else.

Yes, those do not guarantee a cure as with all things but from my experience, have helped many and or at-least treat but i ultimately found a cure all when i was shown the true nature of reality and who and what i am to my core, in this understanding you are no longer the same person vibrationally/literally thus you never had the issues to begin with.

Remember physicality is made up of energy, frequency and vibration. If you learn to master these 3, you master the universe and can enable/disable whatever you choose to partake in as you wish as simply as changing the radio frequency on your car. Sure, this is quite a high level of mastery but it most definitely can be done as i have direct experience with it and no one is special or gifted, we are all god manifest.

Ultimately, i am trying to help people learn to manipulate themselves out of things that are not fundamentally solid by nature but become solid with belief and repetition. As things can be done, they can also be undone it just takes a lot of self work.

I know this is a bit "out-there" for this time/space but its ultimately the same thing that heals/changes us that we mistake for something else. We literally do everything to us and put ourselves here/there based on what we "buy into" for fact/truth.

We are conditioned that way but we can always deprogram ourselves and free ourselves from man-made limitations and constructs.

B R E A T H E

3 minutes ago, pluto said:

@kieranperez I also had "legitimate" ADHD and many other so called "disorders" until Enlightenment smacked me in the face. Its more to do with a state of vibration than anything else.

Yes, those do not guarantee a cure as with all things but from my experience, have helped many and or at-least treat but i ultimately found a cure all when i was shown the true nature of reality and who and what i am to my core, in this understanding you are no longer the same person vibrationally/literally thus you never had the issues to begin with.

Remember physicality is made up of energy, frequency and vibration. If you learn to master these 3, you master the universe and can enable/disable whatever you choose to partake in as you wish as simply as changing the radio frequency on your car. Sure, this is quite a high level of mastery but it most definitely can be done as i have direct experience with it and no one is special or gifted, we are all god manifest.

Ultimately, i am trying to help people learn to manipulate themselves out of things that are not fundamentally solid by nature but become solid with belief and repetition. As things can be done, they can also be undone it just takes a lot of self work.

I know this is a bit "out-there" for this time/space but its ultimately the same thing that heals/changes us that we mistake for something else. We literally do everything to us and put ourselves here/there based on what we "buy into" for fact/truth.

We are conditioned that way but we can always deprogram ourselves and free ourselves from man-made limitations and constructs.

First off, I’m not denying that the reality of the universe being energy and all that and I get where you’re coming from. Certain people do have certain talents that are subject to genetics. Again, don’t be too black and white. Talent exists and it is a real phenomena in this relative world. Not everybody has the physical giftedness of Kenyans in endurance running, or the mind of an Albert Einstein, or the talent of Michael Jordan in basketball. All because it worked for you doesn’t mean your path is everybody else’s path. It just doesn’t turn out that way in real life. Same with success. Not everybody can be Bill Gates or be a millionaire for that matter due to a variety of limiting factors. That’s not an excuse. There’s still extordinary things we can do as people given our own indivual and unique strengths, and fortunate circumstances.

To make a counterpoint.

You’re alluding to something Sadhguru has talked about before even regarding ADHD involving energy, yogic practice, etc. I want this to be made clear: I do not discredit this at all. I’m not saying ADHD is some fixed distinction. I’m referring to more symptoms because again, there’s always going to variance from person to person. I do certainly without a doubt believe that what you’re talking about can work. Particularly if it’s a process and training conducted under a master like Sadhguru or other such gurus. But that doesn’t mean that that is what’s going to work for everyone. 

Again, I’m not calling you full of shit. I’m saying it’s partial because that stuff just doesn’t work in the real world in the sense that “this worked for me so it’ll work for everyone because ___”. 

I would also suggest you drop this false distinction between “natural and unnatural”.

Other than that, I’m glad you’re past this.

it's not that I m adhd, is that I m too smart to be an endurant slave, I like too many things, and not choosing is my choice.

it's not my OCD, it's just that I like to grind until I know everything everything about a subject, I like being an autistic learner.

why would I makes monney anyway if I m never happy right now, I'll see what my body do, if that's living right, if that's dying alright.

no one will tell me what I m, I can define myself, but whatever the essence of my true self, I accept what I m

personnal note : I stopped being a man identifying as a trans mental meca lesbian

Edited by Aeris

Adaptogenic herbs like @pluto suggested help you balance overly stimulated nervous system and excess stimulatory neurotransmitters in ADHD. 

Stop by at your local Chinese herbalist and have a chat with them, these people are often decendants of incredible healers back in their countries who have been trained in the ancient practice of Chinese Medicine but are hiding because they are afraid of big Pharma and the corrupted legal system in States. They may be able to recommend a herbal blend or a tincture to balance your nervous systems....at least that's what I'd do and it is usually relatively cheap way. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@kieranperez I'm pretty sure I have adhd. 

I know you said that you can't afford getting modafinil, but for me my stock of armodafinil is going to last me a long time because I only use it very occasionally and in small doses. For me armodafanil isn't amazing because I experience side effects like head aches, nausea and anxiety too much but perhaps it will work for you I don't know. It certainly helps me concentrate when I do take it sometimes, but it was by no means a full cure at all. 

I've found https://www.modafinilstar.com this site to be good, they just have some weird payment method I had to go through of buying a gift card on amazon. This site worked for me fine. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@kieranperez On another note, how’s your journaling going? Finding any releases of unwanted emotions? Is it easier to understand when you see how you’re feeling on paper?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Aeris good god fucking chill. Look, I know what it’s like to struggle in school because we were in a very antiquated educational system. Believe me, I don’t have much I grant the modern education system. But you’re not more special than anyone else. Yeah you’re unique, and so is everybody else. And we’re also all exactly the same. These things are worth outgrowing. OCD, ADHD/ADD are not neuroses worth parading around for if you can do what you can to correct them. Stop creating some stupid story out of this stuff. They’re not true nor real for that matter. Who and what you are is not a gender. You’re not a personality. You’re not any of these things. Drop this stupid identity game. After a certain point it’s just juvenile. If you want to have sex with a man, have sex with a man. You want to have sex with a woman? Have sex with a woman. You want to have sex with an animal? Have sex with an animal. You want to have sex with a vegetable? Have sex with a vegetable. You want to have sex with inanimate objects, do that too! 

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@kieranperez On another note, how’s your journaling going? Finding any releases of unwanted emotions? Is it easier to understand when you see how you’re feeling on paper?

Journaling is a struggle for me personally. Much easier (though still challenging) to make a video journal that I put onto OneNote. As far as how helpful I find it... not very. Right now my life needs to tangible real world action and solutions (followed by some journaling, writing, strategizing, etc.).

@kieranperez When you write how you feel on paper, the eyes see it, and the mind understands it more. The videos are not a journal, that’s taking you in the opposite direction. Journaling is not a struggle, nor is it difficult. Living in fear of sensations because of beliefs is a difficult struggle. It effects the entirety of your decisions and life experience, as well as your health & well being. Writing down your obstacles, and then asking if they’re true would help you become aware of some beliefs you hold which are making life a difficult struggle. Chronic avoidance of sensations, such as learned as a kid, feeds constant fear, which is constant overthinking, which some people label as a ‘disease’, or as ‘something wrong with you’, or as ‘not normal’. This often feeds into the fear to experience sensations, thus blinding the mind from understanding any of this is going on. 

But when the mind sees it, on paper, understanding begins, overthinking lessens each day, heart rate begins to go down, stress level goes down, nueroplasticity goes up, body becomes less and less tense, more peace is present, love is more readily felt, more understanding and empathy arises, more social ease arises, clarity begins to become a reality, the vision of what I want appears possible, the details seem to fill in by themselves as I go, as I believe in myself, my dream for this life is materializing, it always was. I was in the way. 

Or don’t journal. Lots of different things work for different people. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@kieranperez

Afinalexpress.com

Why doesnt it work? (Tell me so I can help you!)

Unless its the country you are in and they dont ship there?

I have had multiple success with them and very happy with them?

Honestly, if you can troubleshoot around this, modafinal will solve this for you. Its worth trying at least once.

Antidepressant effect as well.

@JohnnyBravo I think it’s because I live in the US. I’ve talked with @Sahil Pandit on this too who lives in California like I do and it doesn’t work for either of us. 

He speaks on ADD/ADHD couple minutes in and does make sense. When i got into athletics i became much more balanced as a child and could channel knowledge and express my intelligence better. I never took the drugs, sadly my friends who did take them continue to suffer long-term side effects even as adults. Robs you of your persona, ADHD pharmaceutical drugs are basically legalized Methamphetamine.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

in ayurveda they treat adhd with brahmi (bacopa) and ashwaghanda, they are also recommending nasya for vata, to reduce vata. if you‘ll try ayurvedic treatments, be aware it will take some time and is multi factorial - so you‘ll have to experiment with it, could be that it doesn’t help... but could also surprise you big time.

ayurveda and chinese medicine both concentrate on detoxification processes for adhd. as adhd is associated with some genetic mutations MTHTFR which influences the ability of detoxification, so in chinese medicine they apply liver protective liver cleansing medicine. maybe you could have a look into that as well.

also maybe you could find out about acupressure points.

don‘t have legitimate adhd so i can’t tell what really does work - but no one could tell me what does work for my condition as well, so i tell you where you could start searching. :)

don‘t forget you are a holon so try to think wholisticly. bodymindly.

Edited by now is forever

10 hours ago, pluto said:

He speaks on ADD/ADHD couple minutes in and does make sense. When i got into athletics i became much more balanced as a child and could channel knowledge and express my intelligence better. I never took the drugs, sadly my friends who did take them continue to suffer long-term side effects even as adults. Robs you of your persona, ADHD pharmaceutical drugs are basically legalized Methamphetamine.

Although I do think certain yoga techniques and changes in one’s diet can help, you have to understand that ADHD is also an issue of cognition. Sadhguru is talking about ADHD from the common stereotypes in how must of us commonly conceive of ADHD. ADD/ADHD is hands down, no question overdiagnosed. However, what’s often not talked about it is how different people with ADHD actually cognize things.

Someone who has legitimate ADHD has a thought process that’s analogous to hyperlinks on a Wikipedia page. For example: you’re on a Wiki page on philosophy and you’re reading along and suddenly a link on Socrates and you read all about Socrates and then you click a page about the Elusiean Mysteries and then you click on “ergot” and now you’re studying ergot. Or you’re walking along and you have a thought about a castle and then you connect some dots and come up with an idea like “what if there was a massive consecrated temple that was like the Sistine chapel but was also like an ashram and served as an energy center?!” I’m actually head over heels better at connecting dots in a totally non-linear way and getting a bigger picture understanding than most people I meet for this very reason... because I’m wired that way. If I’m interested at all it’s like getting a car with a dead engine to drive 100 mph. And though that can be helpful it’s also can be extremely counterproductive too. 

@now is forever are you talking about curing ADHD or treating it? Those are 2 completely different matters. 

Edited by kieranperez

@kieranperez not sure, if you can cure it completely - but i suppose with supporting the liver it’s more a cure than a treatment, also there are several cleansing procedures in ayurveda that could maybe cure it until a certain degree - usually you have to redo the purogation process after some time. in this context the ashwaghanda and brahmi (nootropics/adaptogens) then are more of a treatment than a cure but can support the cure. there are some illnesses or body conditiones that can’t be cured completely but you can get close to it if you find the right methods. i know budget is a problem and you want something that works fast so maybe it’s not for now directly and you need to gather more information from people who have experienced these treatments. 

if you are interested in doing some of the panchakarma treatments at home i could help you with basic information - i guess cleansing your gut with warm oil doesn’t repel you after you might have considered to plug 5meo.

i know it’s half baked as i‘m not an ajurvedic doctor nor was i treated for adhd. but it’s certainly an option i‘d keep in mind or try if there are no other options.

Edited by now is forever