28 cm unbuffed

Do nothing "retreat"

9 posts in this topic

Hey, guys. So I came up with an idea about just "doing nothing" for one day, tommorow. 
I know the thing I should do is to try to focus on present moment and observe my thoughts more, while being disconnected from phone, internet etc and just sitting home (I'm not going to do it outdoors, weather is too shitty). Anything else you can suggest? Should I make notes of what I observe or that's too much of "doing"?

56 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Anything else you can suggest? Should I make notes of what I observe or that's too much of "doing"?

sit down and do nothing for 20 minutes right now. that's a better start. don't sabotage yourself.

unborn Truth

4 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

What do you suggest I should start with?

that guy is clearly an experienced practitioner. start smaller. establish a solid 20 min daily practice first before going to retreats or making your own.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@28 cm unbuffed

First relax. Shake your body like a dog coming out the rain, shake all the tension and any negative energies out. 

Second, pen & paper, and start writing down how you feel about people who have effected you in your life so far. Write knowing it’s just for the experience of it, no one will read it. 

Third relax. Have fun. Do whatever you genuine want to. No self judgement. 

Last, later in the day, pen and paper, and write down how you feel about yourself. In the same fashion, no judgement, no filter, really write how you really feel about yourself. 

The eyes see what is written, the mind begins to more deeply understand the feelings, and this “process” is most efficient, and completely effortless.

(Head’s up, you might have a great cry as the falsities of all the ‘efforting’ pours out. That’s ideal. Let that shit out) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@28 cm unbuffed

First relax. Shake your body like a dog coming out the rain, shake all the tension and any negative energies out. 

Second, pen & paper, and start writing down how you feel about people who have effected you in your life so far. Write knowing it’s just for the experience of it, no one will read it. 

Third relax. Have fun. Do whatever you genuine want to. No self judgement. 

Last, later in the day, pen and paper, and write down how you feel about yourself. In the same fashion, no judgement, no filter, really write how you really feel about yourself. 

The eyes what is written, the mind begins to more deeply understand the feelings, and this “process” is most efficient, and completely effortless.

(Head’s up, you might have a great cry as the falsities of all the ‘efforting’ pours out. That’s ideal. Let that shit out) 

Nahmaste

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@28 cm unbuffed

I'd say: by all means, do it!

There's no reason why you shouldn't do it.

You need to be very determined and stubborn and focused throughout the day, so prepare yourself.

You also need to prepare the logistics necessary for you not to fall off track during the day.

It'll be hard, you'll notice cravings and boredom arise, your mind is going to be working overtime, your friends and family might ask about you. So you want to make sure you're well prepared.

I don't think it'll be of huge value to you, but what the hell! Why not? Consider it a new experience to be had.

But who knows? I could be wrong, maybe it'll be the best practice for you, and you may do it another time or a longer one.

Edited by Truth Addict

4 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@ajasatya

I got inspired by this post: 

What do you suggest I should start with?

@28 cm unbuffed hey :) I was doing every day "doing nothing" meditation for six weeks or so before the retreat.
I think I started from 20 minutes and after a month or so I found my favorite spot on 45 minutes for one session. Good luck.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x