ginger28

How do I start a conversation with a random girl at uni

12 posts in this topic

Im pretty social in my uni and know lots of people, but of course there are still cute girls chilling in front of the building or in the small garden around it which id like to get to know and have no mutual friends with(or at least none present). If I get in a conversation I'll be alright, but I dont know how to open. I think it would be weird to be direct and say something like "I like your golden blonde hair so I wanted to meet ya, whats up" or somethink like that. And If I just say "Hey! My name is ..." she would expect me to explain why im suddenly talking to her. Correct me if im wrong. Also would appreciate some opener ideas. Thanks!

Context: This is a computer science and math university.    

Just start it, it isn't weird, I do that all the time when I go to a new place xD If you think it is weird, it will be weird though.

Just tell her:

console.log("Hello Girl!")

Now seriously, people probably will tell you "just tell them whatever nonsense" and they are right, but you won´t because usually people need confidence that has to be "trained" to approach just purely a in cold style like that. I suggest you that try to observe her in a non sexual way and try to find interesting things about her style/attitude. Then if you have found any, tell her:

-"Hey, I just observed you one day and {insert here interesting thing you observed about her} and that picked up my curiosity, {insert here question about the thing you are interested}?

-Wait for his answer.

Continue conversation.

Edited by Javfly33

6 hours ago, ginger28 said:

Im pretty social in my uni and know lots of people, but of course there are still cute girls chilling in front of the building or in the small garden around it which id like to get to know and have no mutual friends with(or at least none present).

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Wait for his answer.

lmao xD

@Javfly33 hahah had a good laught "tell her you observe her" it would be more funny to recontexualized ive been observing you for 2 years ??

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Dye your hair in curly Black. Pretend to be John snow and being aware of not knowing but wanting to know

Just don't overthink it. I was on this socializing event in Germany and I was practicing this approaching, because there were so many people and each of them had their own unique story, so I really wanted to hear them all. I went to a table of 10 people and told this girl: Hey, you look like Hermione. But actually, when I look closer, your eyes are Harry's mother's. Then I escalated that joke like 5 more times and everyone was laughing. It was just a random thing, I didn't really think about it, just saying what comes to my mind. I am in contact with all the people there till today.

Thanks for the memes and advice. I guess I'll just say something less sexual like "you look too happy to be studying abstract algebra" or whatever. Or maybe I'll just say hi like a normal person. 

7 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Just don't overthink it. I was on this socializing event in Germany and I was practicing this approaching, because there were so many people and each of them had their own unique story, so I really wanted to hear them all. I went to a table of 10 people and told this girl: Hey, you look like Hermione. But actually, when I look closer, your eyes are Harry's mother's. Then I escalated that joke like 5 more times and everyone was laughing. It was just a random thing, I didn't really think about it, just saying what comes to my mind. I am in contact with all the people there till today.

that's some real wizardry shit(pun intended). All 10 lol. 

OK. I no people won't be happy with this bit of advice. But that's all it is advice. Take a Xanax or 2. Then go for it........ 

15 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Here's a habit you can install: do 1 approach a day or every two days. Just one approach. You go out, and do just that ONE approach, you don't need more. But here's the thing: after that first approach, you will be in state. You will naturally want to do more approaches, and so what started as the 1 approach you have to do for your daily habit, now easily becomes 2, 3 or even more approaches. Check this link: https://www.rooshv.com/one-approach-a-day

This is a fantastic habit that will transform your life. After some time doing this every day, your skills will greatly improve, and you will start living in a totally different reality than most other guys. You will never have a problem talking to any girls you see ever again. 

That sounds pretty motivating. Thanks!