Fountainbleu

To take medication or not to

35 posts in this topic

Really need your help guys. So this is something I've been debating with on and off for over a year now. Just a quick back story. A while ago I had a car accident and sustained a severe brain injury and ended up in coma for a few hours. Let's just say tough times pursued after that. I experienced neuro fatigue, severe anxiety, insomnia, personality changes, among other mood disturbances. My life had fallen apart. Broken relationships with all my friends and family, and not being able to hold a steady job. Thankfully I've within the last year actually started to do things to heal my brain (& emotional traumas

) that pharmacology couldn't do (for many years I was on an anti depressant, that all the doctors I saw prescribed me when I told them I had a TBI). I did an Ayahuasca retreat followed by a couple of San Pedro ceremonies, silent meditation retreat, became spiritual, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and I'm doing significantly better. I stopped taking the meds before doing the Aya and in the beginning it was so hard. But since coming off the meds I have become so conscious of life that I'm afraid if I get back on meds my consciousness will go back down while on them. HOWEVER, while I am more conscious off the meds it's hard for me to function in the material world without them. The anxiety is so bad it has made me a loner. When I do leave my place it's to go to the park by myself. I have trouble making eye contact with people, not really sure what that is about. I can't have conversations with people, nothing comes to mind to talk about. It's hard for me to concentrate on something because the anxiety has my mind racing and gives me scattered thoughts. On the meds, these things don't exist or are much more tolerable. I'm able to have a balanced life, something a spiritual teacher told me is necessary in the spiritual path.

Wanted to know what you guys think, especially Leo since he's commented on one of my posts about my TBI so I'm curious to see what he thinks. All the doctors and psychologists that see me tell me I need to get back on my meds. My family that sees that I've improved so much lately says I don't need to. It just really hurts to not have friends or a social life, or a good job (not doing so well financially and I'm over 30, times ticking). I feel if I take meds for a temporary time, say maybe a year, I can concentrate on trying to start a business, make it profitable and go back to living a balanced life. Then when I have more money I can afford to do more treatments for my brain injury and mental health which will make me feel even better, which in turn can make my spiritual practice even stronger. I'm from the US and currently living abroad in a 3rd world country (consciousness level is really low here). I can then move back to the states, somewhere out in nature feeling comfortable, I can come off my meds and take full advantage of living a conscious life. What do you guys think? I'm honestly torn between the two... Would be greatly appreciative for any of your feedback.

Edited by Fountainbleu

Yes..you should use the meds for now.

It will help to alleviate the chemical imbalance in your brain 

While on them though...ground yourself deep within spirituality and pursue enlightenment.  Only this will allow you to go off the meds.

The meds are actually an illusion -- because remember the materialist paradigm is itself an illusion.  There really isn't a brain.   But within the content of the dream in which we exist the meds exist and therefore will help.  They will only take you so far though..at some point you will want to enlighten yourself and after that you will be able to get off the meds.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I’m a fan of taking meds unless you’re absolutely sure you’re better off without them.

@Inliytened1 i just read your reply again, thanks a lot for taking the time to make a thoughtful post, really helps :))

@Fountainbleu yes.  This is a very tricky thing.  Very tricky and a deep topic that has not yet been covered in Leo's videos.  Not yet.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 minutes ago, Fountainbleu said:

@Fountainbleu@Leo GuraGura

Leo: would love to get your input in regards to my question. 

leo is away on his meditation retreat for a month.

"I'm honestly torn between the two".i deeply feel your pain im in the same situation where im taking anti-psychotic.

you seem like a strong person and will make the right decision for yourself. trust your self! :)

love yourself no matter what.

@Fountainbleu Thanks for sharing.

I've been looking at neurofeedback recently. Are you familliar with that? I'm not sure how it would apply to TBI's or if any research has been done in that area but I know it's doing wonders for ADS and such. It would be worth checking into.

4 hours ago, Fountainbleu said:

All the doctors and psychologists that see me tell me I need to get back on my meds.

Try it out. 

@Fountainbleu Try either, then you’ll know what you don’t know now, and you can switch if you want to try the other. It sounds like you’re doing better and better. It’ll work out either way.  Also you can also try writing each option on separate pieces of paper, put them a few feet apart on the counter, and when you stand in front of each notice if you lean forward or backward.  Also write down, only for you to see, your feelings about people that have been in your life. Just write in simple terms whatever is coming to mind, unbridled and without self judgement.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Sorry to hear you are going through so much. I struggled with the same dilemma. I'm now a huge proponent of meds. Take them and continue to work on yourself. Meds aren't meant to be taken forever, just long enough until you stabilize and no longer need them.

I'm sorry what happened to you my brother.  Check what works and gives best results and go for that. In my personal opinion you should go for the meds at least a year or two first. @Fountainbleu

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’m a fan of taking meds unless you’re absolutely sure you’re better off without them.

This

What kind of meds we're talking about, SSRI's? Antipsychotics? 

You can always try lower dosages

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@cetus56 yes I know neurofeedback, along with HBOT they are the best treatments out for TBI! It's my next move ?