d0ornokey

Lion's mane case study

30 posts in this topic

Lion's Mane is a POWERFUL mycotherapeutic tool. Medicinal mushrooms are superior to many herbs but none of them is able to induce neuroregeneration in a way that Lion's Mane can. 

I don't know of any other product that has been shown to benefit in reversing Multiple Sclerosis or degeneration of central nervous system such as ALS. With more research there is potential for LM to lift people from wheelchairs and even rapidly slow down Parkinson's or Alzheimer's. I think we will hear more about this amazing mushroom in years to come. 

The only dowside is probably that the therapeutic dose will need to be so huge that it will probably cause digestive disturbances...so that's something that will need to be looked into. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 9/13/2019 at 4:15 AM, Michael569 said:

The only dowside is probably that the therapeutic dose will need to be so huge that it will probably cause digestive disturbances...so that's something that will need to be looked into. 

I wonder if its therapeutic effects would still be present if you made a tea out of it, so that the chitinous material could be discarded?

Also, has anyone on here experimented with Stamets' triple combo of lions mane + psylocibin mushrooms + niacin?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 9/13/2019 at 6:15 AM, Michael569 said:

Lion's Mane is a POWERFUL mycotherapeutic tool. Medicinal mushrooms are superior to many herbs but none of them is able to induce neuroregeneration in a way that Lion's Mane can. 

I don't know of any other product that has been shown to benefit in reversing Multiple Sclerosis or degeneration of central nervous system such as ALS. With more research there is potential for LM to lift people from wheelchairs and even rapidly slow down Parkinson's or Alzheimer's. I think we will hear more about this amazing mushroom in years to come. 

Not sure the dose would have to be too significant if combined with Herbs and a high alkaline diet right? 

Could just grow some. Can buy spores or kits. Taste like lobster or crab. Kinda looks like cauliflower.

Then if you like growing them you could next try growing some with magic in them xD

Has anyone here experimented with different dosages?

What did you find?

I like lions mane mushrooms (Hericium Erinaceus), I started using them on November of 2019. The first impressions I got where very similar effects to armodafinil, being able to concentrate better, more awareness, a boost in productivity among other things. The effect was so similar that I reduced my consumption of armodafinil and replaced it with these mushrooms. I now only take armodafinil when I slept few hours and I need to stay awake for a longer period during the day.

I got capsules from Vit4ever, each capsule contains 650 mg of Hericium, however they claim that about 30% are polysaccharides, so in one capsule you get some 450 mg of mushrooms. They recommend to take two capsules as a normal dose, however I quickly realized that it was to much for me. I also do Kriya yoga everyday and psychedelic trips about every two months.

I started consuming these mushrooms about a week after a trip with 4-HO-MET and after two days or three of taking 1300 mg I was feeling to much energy, a bit anxious, and I wasn't able to sleep well at night. So I reduced the dose to only one capsule a day and I find it better, I take them like two days in a row and one day off. Only when I really have a very demanding day I will take two capsules, and so far everything is going well.

I also have stopped taking them for about three weeks, maybe more, and I did not noticed any drawbacks.

I haven't had the chance yet to try them during a trip with 4-HO-MET or 4-AcO-DMT, but it is something I plan to do in the future.

I really like them and would highly recommend others to try them!

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

I´m curious how are you consuming your lions mane supplements?
currently I´m digging deep into this topic with the goal of growing a variety of medicinal mushrooms myself. What I´ve discovered is, that there are many different types of consuming medicinal mushrooms. For instance for certain mushrooms you need to extract the nutrients via alcohol otherwise they aren´t very accessible.
Here are some possible ways to prepare your medicinal mushrooms:
-extracts in alcohol
-teas (about 80°C)
-mushrooms juices (you´re blending fresh mushrooms and squeeze the pulp to gain the juice --> this might be a good way to get higher dosages of any medicinal mushroom)
-simply grinding it to powder (although I don´t know how sufficient this is)
-cooking ( may very well destroy the medicinal properties)
-fermenting (I haven´t tried this myself but I´d be careful doing this)
-warm water extract
-cold water extract

You can later on mix different kinds of extracts, since each extract only contains a certain amount of nutrients while others are neglected.
Some of the extracts can last a very long time. So if you start growing your own mushrooms you can build up a big back-up-arsenal of medicinal extracts.

Also you can very easily grow any medicinal mushroom yourself via 'liquid cultures'. Basically you´re growing your mushroom in a water medium. This is actually common practice on an industrial scale. In the Industry you don´t wait until mushrooms form instead you focus on the mycellium which is then filtered. These liquid cultures offer several advantages:
- they are cheap
-they are relatively easy to make
-they have the highest concentration of medicinal properties in comparison to the traditional way of growing

Also note growing your mushrooms or any medicinal herb yourself is almost ALWAYS way more potent then just buying supplements.