theking00

I don't want to live anymore

62 posts in this topic

Life is meaningless and nothing good happens to me. I have no friends and I don't have a girlfriend. I think I have a ego backclash. 

Edited by theking00

I tried positive thinking but it did not work. 

9 minutes ago, theking00 said:

Life is meaningless and nothing good happens to me. I have no friends and I don't have a girlfriend.

This is all a story you've created in your head.

Why do you listen to such thoughts?

Having no objective in life besides existing, means you can just follow desire. This is a sandbox. Would you rather be forced into a specific role?

What is good? Perhaps you are so involved in your own labeling you forget that you cause this for yourself.

Then go out and make friends and get a girlfriend. Take responsibility for your life. Solving life issues takes more than positive affirmations. It takes action. Persistence.

Dying will put you back at square 1. Do you just want to give up because it is easier? Because you believe more stories that your mind conjures up as if it knows the future? 

''I don't want to live anymore''

AWESOME! Now the quest for True Life can begin for the first time!

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

39 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Having no objective in life besides existing, means you can just follow desire. This is a sandbox. Would you rather be forced into a specific role?

What is good? Perhaps you are so involved in your own labeling you forget that you cause this for yourself.

Then go out and make friends and get a girlfriend. Take responsibility for your life. Solving life issues takes more than positive affirmations. It takes action. Persistence.

Dying will put you back at square 1. Do you just want to give up because it is easier? Because you believe more stories that your mind conjures up as if it knows the future? 

I care what other people think about me. How can I stop it. 

2 minutes ago, theking00 said:

You need to understand that you are not the thinker of thoughts. Thoughts just appear in you. But you are not them. Identification with the thoughts is the root of all our problems and suffering. The mind is just a tool, you can focus on other things but you have to let your thoughts go, don't fight against them. Just be aware of them and they will disappear. Try mindful meditation, is very useful for that.

So thoughts that are not good or positive you can just observe them and let them go...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

7 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

You need to understand that you are not the thinker of thoughts. Thoughts just appear in you. But you are not them. Identification with the thoughts is the root of all our problems and suffering. The mind is just a tool, you can focus on other things but you have to let your thoughts go, don't fight against them. Just be aware of them and they will disappear. Try mindful meditation, is very useful for that.

So thoughts that are not good or positive you can just observe them and let them go...

A girl told me that I have no confidence. Maybe I need to improve my self esteem. 

20 minutes ago, theking00 said:

16 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

^ This and the entire post is good advice.

I found a sort of exposure therapy to be helpful. The people who are afraid of rejection need to get rejected more. Why? Because hiding behind the fear and avoiding it produces more fear over a non issue. Then you realize rejection isn't that bad.

You can't please everybody and what people think of you is NOT you. They've created their own version of you based on their own relative perceptions and standards based exclusively on the bits about you they've seen. Somebody could think you are an asshole for one thing you've done and just have not seen the hundred good you've done. Don't get me wrong, these can provide great insights to reflect on, but don't take it as law.

3 minutes ago, theking00 said:

A girl told me that I have no confidence. Maybe I need to improve my self esteem. 

Yes. Know your worth. Know your skills, and hone to improve and grow yourself all you can. You'll appear way more confident when you stop walking on eggshells when interacting with people. Getting a girl is a statistics game. You interact with as many as people until you find a match. 

And also whenever you fuck up, don't identify with your past. You have to fuck up to grow. Thats called learning.

Edited by Shadowraix

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

I want to improve my self and my life but my mind is very negative and tricky. 

27 minutes ago, theking00 said:

@theking00 Realize that you are the one that thinks what other people think about you. You have no access to their thoughts.
You have mental models of other people and you use them to predict what they think.
Therefore, you yourself are always the one that judges yourself badly.

Mindfulness during conversations with people helped me tremendously to spot where I'm adding unnecessary interpretations.
It may be challenging to do that right out of the bat, so you may want to start with simpler practices such as labeling, etc.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

17 minutes ago, theking00 said:

@theking00  It's good thing she was honest with you even though it may hurt at the moment. How old are you?

@theking00 Sometimes people have faith, other times people say everything is pure luck and sometimes we think things happen to us.

Why is it how other times we are making things happen, or so it seems?

Why is this? I attribute it to our locus of control, you definitely can't cantrol what's happening to you or how you feel but you can control how you perceive your reactions.

You are in charge, for now and eventually the time will come for all of us.

locus+of+control.jpg

Edited by Deepconcepts

@theking00 At age 27 I was turning in a different direction. The singles sceen was fun but was getting to be an endless nowhere game so I started to look in a more realistic direction to take my life.  I made that change and a year later I meet the woman who would be my wife (she came into my life as if out of nowhere) and by age 30 we were married and our first child was on the way .

@cetus56 Excellent story, sometimes when everything is running it's course life throws a curveball at us.

To quote Smashmouth 

"I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me
Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all of my dreams"

"I thought love was more or less a giving thing
The more I gave the less I got oh yeah
What's the use in tryin'
All you get is pain
When I wanted sunshine I got rain" 

Both followed by 

"Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace, of doubt in my mind
I'm in love, I'm a believer
I couldn't leave her if I tried"

Each part of the song has a running theme, that when we least expect something good to happen it happens.

@theking00I think you were right about life being meaningless.

The thing about that is we create the meaning. This can't be a bad or good thing since it has no meaning.

Edited by Deepconcepts

@Deepconcepts Life turns on a dime as the old saying goes. "You never know what lies right around the corner" is moral of the story.:)

@cetus56 Spot on, i also think that fear of being alone and accepting the outcomes of our relationships for better or worse, for our own good should be overcame before attempting to develop a secure enduring relationship.

Edited by Deepconcepts

1. 2 minutes ago, Deepconcepts said:

@cetus56 Spot on, i also think that fear of being alone and unconditional acceptence are traits that need overcoming before attempting to develop a secure enduring relationship.

Sure thing. You gotta be comfortable being with yourself first and foremost. Needy ppl that depend on outside circumstanses to supply their happiness are a turn off.

3 hours ago, theking00 said:

Life is meaningless and nothing good happens to me. I have no friends and I don't have a girlfriend. I think I have a ego backclash. 

Take responsibility for your life. Running away from your life is irresponsible.

I have no friends, and I don't have a girl friend. I still want to live a million years.

Find something else you can focus on. Watch leo's videos about attracting girls.