Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barna

Self inquiry

12 posts in this topic

There are two important questions in self inquiry.

What am I?

They say that the question in self inquiry is not to get an answer but to dissolve the questioner. However, I'm gonna still point to an answer now. Some spiritual traditions answer to the question "What am I", and they say that you are: Awareness. But this is not a proper introduction of yourself to yourself. The proper introduction would be the following:
"You are Awareness. The body is your inside and the external world is your outside. All of it is you. It's all you." :) 
You can also imagine this in an anatomical way: You are your body. But you're also your 7 auras. The external edge of your 7th aura is several meters away from your physical body. And you're also your 8th aura. The external edge of your 8th aura is infinitely far from your physical body. Your 8th aura reflects back the experience of the physical world to you. More precisely: the experience of the external world is your 8th aura. The whole external world is part of what you are. :) 

Why not love this moment?

Why not love this moment? 
Just observe all the answers that your mind is giving you to this question. Do you see the functioning of the ego in them? 
Why should I believe these answers?
And just observe the mind justifying its answers. Can you identify the entity in you that gives these answers? Just let go of that entity, let it fall.

And now ask the following question: Why not love this moment? :) 

So, was this post enough for you to awaken? Or should I write a book about these questions? :D 

Edited by Barna

And can you see that awareness is ultimately God and everything? 

7 minutes ago, Highest said:

And can you see that awareness is ultimately God and everything? 

I love to turn this around: God and everything is the awareness that's looking out of your head. :)

@Barna

12 minutes ago, Highest said:

With the head you mean the brain? The brain is an illusion. I will ask again differently: are you conscious that awareness which you are IS actually God? 

Yes. I thought it was obvious from my answer. 

3 minutes ago, Barna said:

Yes. I thought it was obvious from my answer. 

, ?????? You got it. 

This is a question I'm asking myself quite often.

Why not feeling love all the time, if this is creating inside of me,
Then surely I must be feeling it all the time, but are blocking it in some way.

There is no reason why being near a girlfriend for a night make you love, then the next day without her around you there is nothing.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Hey Barna! I love this! 

Thank you for being beautiful ☺️???‍♂️

21 hours ago, Shin said:

This is a question I'm asking myself quite often.

Why not feeling love all the time, if this is creating inside of me,
Then surely I must be feeling it all the time, but are blocking it in some way.

There is no reason why being near a girlfriend for a night make you love, then the next day without her around you there is nothing.

This kind of love is beautiful, but it wasn't the kind of love that I meant.
The love I was pointing to is a bit more subtle than that. Like, being aware of the world is in itself an act of love. Being aware of the world means that you're inviting the experience of it in, in every moment. :) 

17 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

Hey Barna! I love this! 

Thank you for being beautiful ☺️???‍♂️

Thank you :) 

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Barna Awesome. 

Thanks! :) 

Just now, Barna said:

This kind of love is beautiful, but it wasn't the kind of love that I meant.
The love I was pointing to is a bit more subtle than that. Like, being aware of the world is in itself an act of love. Being aware of the world means that you're inviting the experience of it in, in every moment. :) 

Thank you :) 

Thanks! :) 

Yes I know, I don't mean romantic love either, It was a bad example I guess.
I mean the kind of ecstasy/acceptance/good will that you can have on a really good day, while walking in the forest afterwards (random example).

That kind of "love", it surely is there all the time, but we have (unconscious) mental barrier of "should" to feel it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yes I know, I don't mean romantic love either, It was a bad example I guess.
I mean the kind of ecstasy/acceptance/good will that you can have on a really good day, while walking in the forest afterwards (random example).

That kind of "love", it surely is there all the time, but we have (unconscious) mental barrier of "should" to feel it.

If you're into psychedelics then I can recommend you a combo that will show you exactly your barriers against loving every moment. :) 

But I can also answer this question in words, if you want me to spoiler your own discoveries. :D