Charlotte

Alternative treatments

15 posts in this topic

@Charlotte hey - had it at the arm some years ago and what helped was some kind of ultrasonic treatment - the doctor was specialized on sports medicin. also remember that applying warmth was better than cold.

@Shiva Thanks for your reply. I actually eat a wholefoods plant based diet so I haven't consumed dairy in well over a year. Thank you though ❤️

Oooohhhh! I'll look into this thanks so much ❤️ @now is forever

Could it be posturally triggered? By you performing a specific part of your movement in a way that causes a friction between two objects rubbing on each other. Or maybe something you do unconciously. I often notice some people do "an additional movement" when walking like extending knee forcefully, doing a jerky movement with a leg, constraining their leg muscle etc.... It is same to when somebody grinds their teeth and ten start developing cavities from emamel erosion. 

Probably not but just wondering what could be driving the inflammation. They may help you identify this in the college as well 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Swimming.

good for everything about all body muscle joint/pain.

I've seen many people go swim for recovery.

it's so simple, so efficient

@okulele thank you. 

@Michael569 I have absolutely zero idea Michael. Remember the original physiotherapist said it was deferred pain from the lower back causing pain the in the hip, well she was unfortunately wrong. It was this that was the issue ? I spent a small fortune on that physiotherapist ?

Yes I have the college on the 31st. So excited. Thanks dude.

Yes completely agree @Aeris thanks for recommendation, unfortunately I really struggle to bring myself to the pool because of the amount of chlorine involved ? even thought the pros would easily outweigh the cons. Once this tattoo is healed I might look for a good barrier cream and get myself down there. 

❤️

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Could it be posturally triggered? By you performing a specific part of your movement in a way that causes a friction between two objects rubbing on each other. Or maybe something you do unconciously. I often notice some people do "an additional movement" when walking like extending knee forcefully, doing a jerky movement with a leg, constraining their leg muscle etc.... It is same to when somebody grinds their teeth and ten start developing cavities from emamel erosion. 

when i had the bursitis it came again for several times because of my sleeping habit of putting the arm underneath my pillow - so you might want to notice how you sleep, too. might be that it’s just a small thing like sleeping on the side having the  whole pressure of the body on the hip, trying to sleep on the back then for a while could be helping. or a way you are sitting or so. it’s maybe not really what made it occure but could be the extra that doesn’t let it disappear.

Edited by now is forever

Yes continue increasing your body awareness. Give your body the love and attention it needs. Focus on the areas you feel pain and strengthen or let heal whatever is needed. You’ll know...implement any supporting muscle areas in a morning routine 

i used some body weight glute and hip workouts whenever I tore my hamstring a few years ago   

As ive gotten older I’ve learned to differentiate between pain and fatigue, and to go easy on the pain and really listen to whatever the body is telling me Instead of pushing through it 

Edited by DrewNows

@now is forever I actually do sleep with my arm under my pillow like you did. Interesting. I'm very aware of my sitting posture so I doubt it is that (although I'm not ruling anything out) 

Did you manage to heal your hip bursitis? 

@DrewNows thank you Drew. Your absolutely right. Sound advice right there 

❤️

@Charlotte sorry, it was schoulder/arm bursitis. ultrasound was really really helpful. it reappeared from time to time for some years, because of the sleeping habit...until i slept on the back for some months. but now it’s gone since some time. knocking on wood!

i mean it could be that you have in anyways a pressure or friction on it as michal said. i just remembered that because he mentioned it, in my case it was the sleeping habit - so what i was pointing to is how easy the cause could be overlooked. sleeping on the side might be the problem, if it is for ex. your favorite sleeping side, or it’s the mattress etc. but maybe it’s also irrelevant. if you stay aware of when and where it hurts the most, maybe you find some clues.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever thanks so much for replying sweet. 

In the link that Nahm gave me it says that arthritis can trigger it and I seem to be riddled with arthritis this winter so maybe it's that. Either way it's there and that's it and I've had to accept this on top of other things. This year has been so intensely challenging for 'acceptance' ?