Ampresus

Where should a man shave? [Teen asks]

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Before the moderators or Leo want to close this topic, hear me out. This is a question being asked from a teen's perspective. This forum has helped me a lot with becoming more mature. I have learnt a lot here. Please let this topic stay, I really don't know where I should shave. Looking on the internet, all I see is people saying different stuff.

I have a general question for all the lads out there. I can't ask this kind of question to my dad, because the man is fully muslim and according to my mom ''Men should only shave their facial hair and pubes''. I doubt that my dad disagrees with that statement, even though he divorced my mom.

Anyway, please give me some advice. Should I shave, trim or do nothing about hair on my chest, arms, hands, fingers, feet, toes, back, face, legs and pubes? How many times a week, month or year should I shave/trim those places?

This is actually health related now I come to think about it, so if this topic gets moved to the ''Health...'' sub-forum I fully understand.

I think you are overthinking this I only shave my beard. 

In islam it is sunnah to shave pubis hair and arm pit hair so dont worry to ask your father about it and if he says otherwise he simply didn't know . 

For personal hygiene and to smell good you should shave your pubis and arm pits . You can trim , cut , grow or shave your beard according to your personal preferences . 

Now shaving else where i think is not very wise ( toe , breast , fingers ect .. ) , you are a teen so let your natural masculinity developing itself naturally . 

If you are really early in your teens i would not recommend you to shave since the hair will regrow thicker . 

I once pulled beard in my early teenage years. It was not good for my skin. Just shave your beard.

You are not going to expose your armpit or your penis in public places, are you? You don't have to shave your armpit or your pubic hair or your legs.

I recommend double-edged(DE) safety razor because DE razor blades are cheap and DE razors provide you with close shaves with minimal efforts. Cartridge razors are expensive. Straight razors are difficult to learn.

Edited by CreamCat

There is no right and wrong response. 

I'll tell you this, if you are in sexual relationship or plan to be, you may need to spend some time making the "downstairs" look more appealing and same probably goes for your armpits although this is personal and some girls don't mind. 

Other than that a well-groomed trimmed face tells you care about your looks and hygiene. I think an untrimmed face with patchy beard growing all over is quite repulsive. You may use a manual razor and get it all of or just trim with electric razor but this will mean you have to do it more often. 

As for the rest of the body, this is up to you Some guys who lift prefer to shave their chest to make it look better but I've never spoken to a girl that would find hairy chest repulsive. A hairy back is another story, some guys are just unlucky to look like freaking gorillas back there and in those cases it should probably be taken care of but that's not an issue for most guys. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

or you are a man or a girl.

I have almost no hair aside my sparingly beard

Edited by Aeris

@BjarkeT  You see... I am hairy everywhere. Not just my face. My arms look disgusting and my legs are not recognized when sitting next to a mate.

18 hours ago, Yoshy said:

If you are really early in your teens i would not recommend you to shave since the hair will regrow thicker . 

So trim arm pits, pubes and facial hair then?

19 hours ago, Yoshy said:

That's a myth.

@Ampresus Anyways, my recommendation is experimenting with this and seeing how you prefer it. Armpits and pubic hair/balls are definitely something to shave or trim for hygiene and comfort as well as sex appeal. Back hair, buttock hair and back of the neck hair seems to be also something not that appealing, as far as I remember polls among women confirm this. I don't find much wrong with hair removal anywhere else either, according to personal preference. There isn't really a place that it's unacceptable to remove hair from. Of course it's worth keeping in mind that with some places, removing hair from there requires you to also work on the surrounding areas in order not to look ridiculous. Do be careful with buttocks and the back of the thighs though as those areas get a lot of friction and pressure in daily life. Definitely shouldn't shave those to avoid agony, trimming should be fine.

Where should a man shave?

Preferably in the bathroom.