Fanis

How do I experience an aha moment or a paradigm shift to change my life?

16 posts in this topic

As Einstain says "you can't solve your problems with the same mindset you've created them" 

So a mindset needs to change, a paradigm shift, an aha moment to change the way we think and look at the world through different lens. 

How can i possibly do that?

@Fanis start by doing a few things differently, like engaging in a meditation sangha/practice.

unborn Truth

You mental clarity depends on how distant you're from your mind.

It's like if i asked you is earth flat or round? In your experience right now it is flat, isnt it? But if you move higher into sky you'll see it's round. If you move even higher you'll definitely can see it's round. 

The same with your mind. Once you're inside your mind everything is blur and confused. Once you start doing mindfulness, once you withdraw into deeper and deeper states of observing then everything becomes clear, you start to understand everything better, you start to gain insights, your perception, mental clarity increases etc.

In short. Do some mindfulness meditation or self-enquiry.

Edited by Salvijus

Real change comes with destruction. 

So to see the world different you must first kill what you are now, your view, knowledge, everything really. 

So start by doing things backwards to what you've been taught, and upside down, etc. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Fanis

Consider that the "mindset" that have created the problems, is not exclusively the problem.

All mindsets will create problems, and at the same time, they will give benefits.

So, in brief:

Different mindset = different pros + different cons.

You need to be wise, and navigate your decisions moment to moment, and there meditation and other practices will help you developing that skill.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Fanis

You cant wilfully do this.

Only God can.

You will be going about your routine, and one moment, something so unusual and peculiar will occur that will make you suspicious that something is just 'going on' but you dont know what. It may lead you to consider that life is even MORE mysterious that you first knew.

That is God. If he appears, dont doubt him or rationalise him away.

Example: movie Schindlers List. The little girl in the red dress. The little girl is God.

Once you see God like this, your brain kind of gets shaken or reminded of the Beauty of Existence; many old idiotic beliefs will vanish instantly. You will leave feeling lighter.

Until then, meditate, and wait. God will give you a good slap at the right time. A loving slap that will leave you laughing and weeping at how beautiful life is.

Psychedelics

EDIT: if you really want to force it that is. It works 

Edited by ThomasT

Hm?

[Journaling] Contemplation / Read to spark some directions / Good discussions with people = All can spark change 

Smoking weed + contemplation has been huge for me 

Spending time in nature / long periods without any social media to contemplate 

Contemplate that very question that you have  

I heard you can learn things through consciousness. Still trying to understand what that means exactly 

Edited by d0ornokey

Smoke weed, eat some mushrooms and listen to some really inspiring music while looking at nature.

Boom.

I think (without Psychedelics helping):

1. read books and do the sport to create more aha moment. (no bullshit, it really works)

2. record all your aha moment in the note, so you can get more.

3. read your note, and find more relevant knowledge.

4. repeat 123 above.

What I think Psychedelics doesn't work is because mind only run the knowledge you have, so even you do Psychedelics, then your brain only think and feel faster within your limited experience. Read more books and get more ideas and feel more others experiences are the way that could motivate you to be a better you. Sport is a method that create a lot aha moments while the lazy you come out from your body. The people change their life doesn't need Psychedelics, but Psychedelics does tell people that you act different then you could get a different life. Please collect all your aha moments, because the moment just stay in a sec, but if you take action to write note, it means that you conscious on the direction that you want to get more and deeper aha moments. 

@Fanis

You will try psychadelics.

But now is not your time.

Wait. You will attain what you require with trust.

A man who can trust life has infinite supplies of patience. Dont strive for patience but strive for the moment the majority of your being falls into trust.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, ThomasT said:

Psychedelics

EDIT: if you really want to force it that is. It works 

This is the only thing that worked for me. I was super depressed for years, did all the meditation/CBT/journaling/counseling/everything else under the sun. And I learned a lot of things on an intellectual level. But I didn't truly internalize the stuff I was learning about and the paradigm shifts I was trying to make until I took mushrooms.

Strong determination sitting. Kriya yoga. Meditation of any sort. 

Stop watching television and make sure you are absorbing personal development content in your free time. I calculated that I have 2800 hours of pure free time every year. 

When I take psylocibin I am consciously aware of how the things I focus on affect my subconscious  mind. Be careful. What do they say, guard the gate of your mind? 

And watch your diet. It's amazing how processed foods make you feel like shit, but if you are always eating them, you don't realize it. 

Edited by MikeB