Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Struggling to keep my Yoga and Meditation practice. What am I doing wrong?

2 posts in this topic

I have found that due to my schedule my best time, by far, to do Yoga-consciouss breathing and meditation, it´s in the morning just before putting myself to do anything else. (of course I wait some time to "warm up" the body, or I shower etc) The problem is, I don´t what is the reason but a lot of mornings I get terrible fatigue that makes me so difficult putmyself to do breathing exercises or yoga exercises that might be energy demanding and which I love because I´m having such progress thanks to them.

This fatigue usually fades once I pass around 11am, and the rest of the day I just feel pretty nice. 

I´ve tried:

- Quitting coffee (this has been an improvement, since when I used to drink daily, my body absolutely would wake up dead until I drink coffee)

- I do exercise 1 hour a day, but sometimes I skip it if feel I am pushing it too much (anyway the fatigue has been there before I started to exercise daily)

- I improved a lot my DIET. I´m having lots of vegetables, better sources of meat and fish, and cutting back carbs although now because I am running 1 hour daily I had to up the carbs a little bit but still.

- And of course, I sleep more than enough. (sometimes I just wake up earlier than the alarm clock with no wanting to sleep more whatsover)

I really don´t know why the fuck is wrong with my body that from 8-am to 11-am is so fatigued, I have been feeling this all my life but until now I didn´t care because I hadn´t to do anything concentration-energy demanding in those hours but now that I am progressing a lot in yoga and consciousness I really could use an aid here.

Try cold shower first thing in the morning. It's gonna suck, but after you're done, you'll feel a lot more energized.

I do Kriya in the morning and I couldn't do it (properly) without the cold shower first.