Pras

Is Consistency the KEY to success ?

8 posts in this topic

If we look at the journey of all the people and brands that have been successful. The one thing that is common with them all is Consistency. 

So is it safe to say that - Consistency is the KEY to success more than talent and perseverance ? 

If you're someone STRUGGLING to be consistent, watch this :

Would love to know your thoughts. 

Yes it is.

Structure/consistency.

Not the same as persistence. Different item different meaning.

Consistancy with time. 3 months mimimum usually.

Hardest thing for people is starting small. Egos want to do too much too soon, because small efforts seem "pointless.'

15 minutes of meditation for 3 months is better than one week of a one hour meditations.

18 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

3 months mimimum usually.

Hardest thing for people is starting small. Egos want to do too much too soon, because small efforts seem "pointless.'

hearing you say...3 months of consistency gave me an ego boost....

yeah your right about small efforts seeming small or pointless, but the key is to start as small as possible and watch it snow ball.

you guys should read "compound affect" it talks about every choice adds up and you are where you are because of the choices you made.

Edited by daniel695
needed to add something

@JohnnyBravo

Egos want to do too much too soon, because small efforts seem "pointless.' <--- This is GREAT insight ! Thanks a ton.

Without perseverance you will quit. Quitting is one of the biggest causes of failure. I'd honestly place that higher than consistency, although that is super important too. Talent, ehh. I don't think you need to start off with talent really to make it.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:23 PM, Sunny J Gupta said:

Without perseverance you will quit. Quitting is one of the biggest causes of failure. I'd honestly place that higher than consistency, although that is super important too. Talent, ehh. I don't think you need to start off with talent really to make it.

@Sunny J Gupta Quitting is the only cause of true failure. There is always something to be gained by picking yourself back up and taking another step.

@Pras It is the habitualness that drives the overarching direction. In other words, once something is habit there is no more energy needed to do a task. We can call that subconscious. Contrastingly, consciousness is the innate ability we all have to conjure something up. Making something non-tangible, tangible. That is where the energy gets used to over come those "pointless" tasks because you know that they will be better for you and your "future yous" so to speak. The ability to turn something fully thought-out and break it into little steps which can become habits would be that KEY you are looking for. The lock itself would be consistency and hard work, and how hard the door would be to move would depend on ones talent.

I recommend all the app called " chains " it's a daily checklist / day counter. Great for installing new habits & staying on top of them 

In the beginning, you may try to brute force it:

Then, you may discover a more effective way and keep going more lightly. Ok, that's fine. Then, at times, you may have more energy and a little more free time, and think to yourself, "here's my chance!" Then, you keep going for it. It's never the same energy, but you keep going. It's what happened to me here at this point in my life.