ivankiss

Knowledge does not exist. Understanding is an illusion.

132 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

What if you directly experience advaita metaphysics? What if at the core of my being there really is a "blue being" that I can go and see? How then should you interpret it? Literally, as entities inhabiting the spirit world as their scripture suggests, or as mental constructs from the depths of the psyche? As alien worlds? As dimensions of God overlapping each other? 

My point is what if there is an actual difference between metaphysics and philosophy? In other words, what if the metaphysical explanations which one might take for allegorical end up as literal representations in the physical world? 

What is then the higher truth? The stillness of the Zen/Ramana lineages, or the alien worlds of the Shivaists?

What is that which "experiences" metaphysics?  What is metaphysics?  Is metaphysics something experienced or something understood?  I think this is where psychedelics might be screwing some people up, causing them to take their trips as reality, convincing them that metaphysics is something that one can "experience".  In my view, that leads to delusion and is a trap on the Path.  It's important to seriously contemplate this: What is metaphysics?  What is that which clings to metaphysics?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, luckieluuke said:

@FoxFoxFox I think what @Joseph Maynor is simply trying to say is that the mind and maybe "ego" needs illusions (ideas, knowledge) to explain the illusion (perceived reality) first in order to open up for the "real" work.
For me it´s a bit like that and I know it´s like that for others as well. If I need to meditate for 1000 hours in order to experience some truth then first I need a reason to do it. As you move on you realize that the reason has become a burden/obstacle so you drop it and move on.
This text that Ivankiss wrote is a beautiful illusion that can help you realize that it is an illusion, and once you do you can leave it behind and move on.

:x  You can't purge until after you're eaten though.  That's why there's no one right teaching on the Path for everyone at every time.  I've resonated with different teachings on my Path at different times.  And in hindsight I can't really say that one was any more necessary than the other.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Everybody else is also me. Why would I wanna tear myself down? Why wouldn't I wanna elevate everyone?

Can't you see the mirror, Joseph?

You speak so often about transcending the mind, yet here you are; unable to recognize transcendence when it's right in your face. 

This is just an expression, Joseph.

Has no built it meaning. You should know that by now. 

You are a master at rationalization and being stuck in the Mind.  Not trying to be rude either, just an observation.  Of course, this is not gonna resonate with you at all, so it's almost pointless for me to say it.  You've created your own fantasy reality in your own Mind where you get to abide by your own rules and be superior to everyone else.  Now, that's a house of cards, but I'm reluctant to even point this out to you because you lack the ears to hear it right now.  When you are ready, that bubble of mental idealism will burst on its own.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 3/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, ivankiss said:

The need for knowledge stems from fear.

Indeed.

Need for knowledge being desire for knowledge, and desire (knowledge) being an operation/cloak/veil of fear. 

"Fear" = thought escaping (itself). "Desire"/knowledge = thought seeking (itself).

Seeking and escaping in thought being one and the same identification-attachment process.  Thought seeking security in its own movement --- a self-feeding loop.

Edited by robdl

@Joseph Maynor The further along we go on the path, the more sneaky the ego becomes. It gets more and more subtle. What an interesting mechanism it is.

4 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

@Joseph Maynor The further along we go on the path, the more sneaky the ego becomes. It gets more and more subtle. What an interesting mechanism it is.

Interesting.  Give us some more detail.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

49 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You're not the one to give me such advice Shin.  I consider the source when someone gives me advice.

IMG_20190320_213006.png

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Interesting.  Give us some more detail.  

Wasn't claiming it applied to you btw was a general statement. 

But surely you've seen, say, an expression of ego then people go "What? No ego here, just nonduality no self" 

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Wasn't claiming it applied to you btw was a general statement. 

But surely you've seen, say, an expression of ego then people go "What? No ego here, just nonduality no self" 

I don't deny that Ego functions as a mechanism in my life.  I watch Ego functioning all the time.  Actually, I'm bewildered by people who claim they have no Ego or claim that no Ego is possible.  This is like someone telling me that they can levitate.  And then you say, prove it, and they come up with some excuse about why they can't do it right now.  The Mind really is a sneaky beast.  It's full of fantasies.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You are a master at rationalization and being stuck in the Mind.  Not trying to be rude either, just an observation.  Of course, this is not gonna resonate with you at all, so it's almost pointless for me to say it.  You've created your own fantasy reality in your own Mind where you get to abide by your own rules and be superior to everyone else.  Now, that's a house of cards, but I'm reluctant to even point this out to you because you lack the ears to hear it right now.  When you are ready, that bubble of mental idealism will burst on its own.

Ever read your own words? Ever caught a glimpse of that reflection?

It's crazy how precise and accurate it is. 

I am open for anything you feel like suggesting to me, Joseph. Honestly.

But so far I only see you kicking into nothing, pointing at your own forehead.

Gotta admit, it's cool that you see me as superior tho. Whatever I did to make you conclude that. 

I guess you're the first one.

Not even triggered.

1 hour ago, Shin said:

IMG_20190320_213006.png

Take your own advice first Shin.  ;)

There's a famous blues line that goes like this: "B'fore you 'ccuse me, take a look at yo'self."

One must first possess and establish the relevant credibility in offering such advice to others to be taken seriously.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Consciousness is only known by being Conscious and there is no room for knowledge here. As Ludwig Wittgenstein says: "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

BUT (and it's a big BUTT),

Knowledge is good to point you in the right direction or even make you realize that you don't know who you are, what you are or what existence is. Also, knowledge is very useful in day to day life and if you want to succeed in any field, you'll need KNAWLEDGE.

As Peter Ralston says: "Creating distinctions brings power - destroying them brings freedom." or something like that :D

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Take your own advice first Shin.  ;)

There's a famous blues line that goes like this: "B'fore you 'ccuse me, take a look at yo'self."

One must first possess and establish the relevant credibility in offering such advice to others to be taken seriously.

Why do you think I'm so critical about you Joseph ?

Have you ever heard of tough love ?

God is love

And God in them

25 minutes ago, Shin said:

Why do you think I'm so critical about you Joseph ?

Have you ever heard of tough love ?

I think you have a lot more work to do on yourself before worrying about me Shin. 

How open is your own heart?  How compassionate are you really in terms of words and deeds?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I see there is a lot of muh enlightenedness going on in this thread. Wherever there are egos there is a fight

3 minutes ago, Amun said:

I see there is a lot of muh enlightenedness going on in this thread. Wherever there are egos there is a fight

And that's not a fight ?

God is love

And God in them

20 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You're not the one to give me such advice Shin.  I consider the source when someone gives me advice.

Bullshit. You didn´t attack the argument but the person. Your reply is empty of content other than the obvious "I am better than you"

4 minutes ago, Amun said:

Bullshit. You didn´t attack the argument but the person. Your reply is empty of content other than the obvious "I am better than you"

I agree with Shin that you're not conscious of your own need to fight.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor