ivankiss

Knowledge does not exist. Understanding is an illusion.

132 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Wikipedia doesn't even scratch the surface of the amazingness and vastness of Buddhism.

sure, because it is infinite if you really dig  :) 

joseph write a book and call it, "how I like to spin around"

4 minutes ago, Aeris said:

sure, because it is infinite if you really dig  :) 

joseph write a book and call it, "how I like to spin around"

Hehe.  You got it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Been living among Buddhists for the past ten months. 

Honestly, do not get the hype. 

It's just as lame as any other religion. Monks here are asleep AF. As well as all other Buddhist fanatics I have encountered.

No sign of enlightenment. Barely any awareness. Much ego and fear. Also greed and general unconscious nastiness.

Westerners got way too excited about the whole charade. It's really just a trend spiritual egos like jumping on.

Call me judgmental as much as you want. 

Edited by ivankiss

On 3/13/2019 at 9:16 PM, ivankiss said:

@Jack River No one knows anything.

Awareness is aware. 

Thoughts can only see thoughts in the mirror.

Indeed....KNOWING IS ALL THERE IS?

On 3/14/2019 at 7:43 AM, ivankiss said:

Been living among Buddhists for the past ten months. 

Honestly, do not get the hype. 

It's just as lame as any other religion. Monks here are asleep AF. As well as all other Buddhist fanatics I have encountered.

No sign of enlightenment. Barely any awareness. Much ego and fear. Also greed and general unconscious nastiness.

Westerners got way too excited about the whole charade. It's really just a trend spiritual egos like jumping on.

Call me judgmental as much as you want. 

I'm wondering what they think about you -- jeez!  I get a kind of virtue-signaling vibe from what you write here, where you're tearing everybody else down to elevate yourself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Correct, but don't be quick to use knowledge is an illusion to toss it aside. An illusion does wonders for navigating this illusion. We memorize and visualize then build abstract layers so you can give it to others. It's like sending an encrypted packet that people decode. Beautiful! 

Buddhism provides amazing tools, but only a handful will really get the full use out of the tools. 

6 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Correct, but don't be quick to use knowledge is an illusion to toss it aside. An illusion does wonders for navigating this illusion. We memorize and visualize then build abstract layers so you can give it to others. It's like sending an encrypted packet that people decode. Beautiful! 

Buddhism provides amazing tools, but only a handful will really get the full use out of the tools. 

I think Zen is like the final teaching.  But I'm not so sure learning Zen at the outset is best.  Probably it's best to let the Mind run wild with all the Advaita metaphysics until it cracks under its own weight.  Then, a teaching like Zen becomes just what the doctor ordered.  That's why there's really no "one right teaching" on the Path for everybody.  I don't think I would have resonated with Zen until I got sick of all the mental masturbation and philosophy stuff after years of imbibing all that stuff.  Just like you need a big Ego to transcend, you also need a big Mind to transcend.  You can't purge until after you eat.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@ivankiss Beautifully written, thanks for sharing! :)
Not to criticize but am curious: are you writing this from your own experience or from knowledge?
(if you get what i mean...do you truly experience what you wrote, as in is that your reality without doubt OR is it an assumption, an idea that rings true based on your experience and thoughts about it)

@ivankiss The last retreat I went to was at a Zen temple. I did not read the whole post. There was one guy whom I meet during August while I did a 14-day retreat there, he stayed there and was a traveler went to a Swedish yoga ashram before he came to the Zen monastery, also for one year. While traveling, I also meet one person who stayed in an ashram for one year which was about transcendental meditation. 

The guy at the zen retreat whom I meet the last week seemed to have grown quite a lot. He was from America, so it was beautiful to see the differences in green mindsets and hang-ups. As usual. Especially, since I represent the American culture from my outer appearance. It is amazing how fanatic new green is in comparison to people who grew up from the sixties, seventies and this guy was very green and relative, but when someone is better or seems better he used basically, what I assume Americans have done to cause segregation. Using psychological and social instruments to undermine the new apparent equality in rights or a chance to quote the word chance for the same opportunity. Everyone can take part in the Olympics for e.g... Not sure, but this is what "business" seems to be about.

This guy had a lot of hang-ups and seemed to have taken quite a few psychedelics without training meditation or using awareness or practicing or what not. Unearned consciousness is valueless. The monks told me more and were more welcoming towards me for instance and others and kept an eye on him since he felt superior or righteous to cause havoc and be crazy since he was an American. Anyway, I meet him 6 months after that he changed a lot, it was amazing he seemed to grow out of green. What I am saying with this is most likely you have done more change and can't see it because there is no contrast with the outer world. Yet, I won't deny that the ashram is somehow cult-like and that people have hang-ups and are a bit crazy.

The guy who stayed in the ashram for one year left because they were kissing the gurus butt. No one had their own opinion was his critique. 

@ivankiss Spiritual ego stage. Nice! Love those idiots! They’re you!♥️♥️♥️ 

Or make serious faces ????                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

?

?

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Haha

@ivankiss The issue i have with Buddhism (particularly of the Zen variety) is that it is so concerned with developing a certain character in people. Other than that, i find Zen to be unnecessarily obtuse. I get the impression that what Zen teachings and Koans want to portray can be shown much more directly and effectively. I also don't like the excessive importance it puts on sitting mediations.

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think Zen is like the final teaching.  But I'm not so sure learning Zen at the outset is best.  Probably it's best to let the Mind run wild with all the Advaita metaphysics until it cracks under its own weight.  Then, a teaching like Zen becomes just what the doctor ordered.  That's why there's really no "one right teaching" on the Path for everybody.  I don't think I would have resonated with Zen until I got sick of all the mental masturbation and philosophy stuff after years of imbibing all that stuff.  Just like you need a big Ego to transcend, you also need a big Mind to transcend.  You can't purge until after you eat.

What if you directly experience advaita metaphysics? What if at the core of my being there really is a "blue being" that I can go and see? How then should you interpret it? Literally, as entities inhabiting the spirit world as their scripture suggests, or as mental constructs from the depths of the psyche? As alien worlds? As dimensions of God overlapping each other? 

My point is what if there is an actual difference between metaphysics and philosophy? In other words, what if the metaphysical explanations which one might take for allegorical end up as literal representations in the physical world? 

What is then the higher truth? The stillness of the Zen/Ramana lineages, or the alien worlds of the Shivaists?

@FoxFoxFox I think what @Joseph Maynor is simply trying to say is that the mind and maybe "ego" needs illusions (ideas, knowledge) to explain the illusion (perceived reality) first in order to open up for the "real" work.
For me it´s a bit like that and I know it´s like that for others as well. If I need to meditate for 1000 hours in order to experience some truth then first I need a reason to do it. As you move on you realize that the reason has become a burden/obstacle so you drop it and move on.
This text that Ivankiss wrote is a beautiful illusion that can help you realize that it is an illusion, and once you do you can leave it behind and move on.

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm wondering what they think about you -- jeez!  I get a kind of virtue-signaling vibe from what you write here, where you're tearing everybody else down to elevate yourself.

Everybody else is also me. Why would I wanna tear myself down? Why wouldn't I wanna elevate everyone?

Can't you see the mirror, Joseph?

You speak so often about transcending the mind, yet here you are; unable to recognize transcendence when it's right in your face. 

This is just an expression, Joseph.

Has no built it meaning. You should know that by now. 

Let go of the pride Joseph.

Do it now before you're forced to do it.

It's gonna be a hell of a lot harder if you wait.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Nahm Never said I don't love em or do disrespect em.

I just don't get the hype. It's overblown. False.

Authentic awakening requires nothing. Awareness and direct experience only.

No beef, really. Just felt like I saw enough to express some. 

?

@luckieluuke I could not write about anything without experiencing it first. It's just not what I do. Not how I'm wired. 

Experience is primary. Expression comes right after it.

Authenticity is key.

Got myself a rather pleasant loop going on here haha. I love it.

Edited by ivankiss

@Shadowraix I do not negate or deny the importance of knowledge or any teaching.

I simply express myself. As well as document my own process of evolution. 

All of this is personal to me af. But also totally not. This is exactly how transcendence is playing itself out in my experience. 

Every word is consciously written for me, by me. Yet the intention behind it all is far beyond the self. It is pure and divine. 

Teaching is secondary, automatic even. Was not part of the plan, so to speak. 

But it surely completes the circle.

4 hours ago, Shin said:

Let go of the pride Joseph.

Do it now before you're forced to do it.

It's gonna be a hell of a lot harder if you wait.

You're not the one to give me such advice Shin.  I consider the source when someone gives me advice.

Edited by Joseph Maynor