legendary

A quantum experiment suggests there’s no such thing as objective reality

7 posts in this topic

Physicists have long suspected that quantum mechanics allows two observers to experience different, conflicting realities. Now they’ve performed the first experiment that proves it.

MIT Technology Review Article

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

@legendary  Thanks for that link. I think it's a super cool experiment that integrates science with metaphysics. In particular, I takes "superposition" to a higher level. That is, a photon can have a super position of both horizontal and vertical polarization simultaneous (one could also say neither polarization as well). This new experiment seems to be a higher order phenomena in which a measurement both occurred and did not occur simultaneously. (Although one could argue that we currently don't have the technology to detect that a measurement was made).

I love seeing this type of science. I think it can help raise the collective consciousness of society. 

It's paranormal until it's not paranormal. Currently human minds have been conditioned to perceive the world as an objective reality - so it seems really abstract and odd to our minds. How can we "make sense" of this? Yet when this awareness becomes integrated into the collective consciousness, the minds of future generations will be conditioned such that this is "ho-hum" normal stuff. 30 years ago, ideas of an internet were so mind-blowing that people couldn't imagine what it would be like to live with it. Today, the internet is like an extension of the human brain and people have difficulty imagining what life would be like without it.

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

It's paranormal until it's not paranormal.

So true! Paranormal> Normal> Obvious. 

Transitioning away from realism will be the biggest paradigm shift for humanity.

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

Materialists in 2019 be like ...

images(87).jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

21 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Interesting. But this headline seems to be a result of  the 'Chinese Whispers' phenomenon.

The original title:

Arrow of time and its reversal on the IBM quantum computer

Became:

Physicists reverse time using quantum computer

From the Nature article:

"...while in nature the complex conjugation needed for time reversal may appear exponentially improbable, one can design a quantum algorithm that includes complex conjugation and thus reverses a given quantum state."

The physicists designed a special algorithm that modifies the state of the quantum computer in such a way that it would then evolve "backwards," from chaos toward order. 

21 hours ago, Shin said:

images(87).jpg

lol

Materialists' strategy for protecting their paradigms:

tumblr_lryc7ak7XQ1r3aekko1_400.gif

- Vernon Howard

7 minutes ago, legendary said:

From the Nature article:

"...while in nature the complex conjugation needed for time reversal may appear exponentially improbable, one can design a quantum algorithm that includes complex conjugation and thus reverses a given quantum state."

The physicists designed a special algorithm that modifies the state of the quantum computer in such a way that it would then evolve "backwards," from chaos toward order. 

Cool... it's a little trick

:-)

7 minutes ago, legendary said:

Materialists' strategy for protecting their paradigms:

tumblr_lryc7ak7XQ1r3aekko1_400.gif

I talk sometimes with a coworker about quantum physics and he is like that hahahaha....

I tell him that matter doesn't exist according to quantum mechanics, but he is like not convinced hahahaha... so funny

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16