Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kloof

What kind of stage green/yellow/turquoise pet services would you be interested in?

3 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

In one of Leo’s videos (perhaps it was Spiral Dynamics Important Insights?), he mentioned that if you start a business, you should strive to make your career stage green, or even better, stage yellow or turquoise.

I loved that idea, and I’d really like to apply it to my future venture. If you were starting a business as a dog trainer / pet care professional, how would you make your venture more green or yellow? Or if you had a pet, what kind of stage green/yellow/turquoise service would you be interested in? Frankly, I’m not developed enough to cater to stage turquoise individuals, but I’d like to work my way up eventually. :)

I have been brainstorming, but I'd so appreciate other perspectives and ideas! 

Striving to help animals, I think, is already a green move and even yellow move. 

With a dog trainer, helping clients explore how to turn their weaknesses into strengths could be useful. And also striving to understand why certain behaviors arise. Tobby doesn't tear up the couch just to spite you: perhaps he is bored or even angry with you. Help teach them to value the animals perspective, and learn to be in tune with what they are saying. Even suggesting a study on what certain body languages and barks mean could be extraordinarily helpful. 

Another green move would be suggesting toys that can biodegrade in the next 100 years. Instead of buying plastic balls- maybe a tightly wound seagrass ball instead. 

A stage turquoise move I suppose would be seeing no division between your pet and yourself- you are them and they are you. So encouraging being nice to the dog is also being nice to yourself. You could discuss this with other open minded individuals, but it isn't really something you can sell. 

@Nervtine I love your ideas! Thank you! 

I see many people who don't know how to communicate with their dogs, and I'd love to teach that. Like you said, dogs are communicating with us by what they do, and many dog owners overlook that.

I also like the idea of doing a loving kindness workshop with pets. People could bring in their pets, and we could do some dog bonding exercises. So many people damage their relationship with their pets by using inappropriate methods of punishment. But on the other hand, the people who most need that kind of relationship repair with their pets don't seem like the kind of people who would be inclined to come to such a workshop...

Anyway, I really appreciate your advice!