Tony 845

Kundalini rising, jerking back & forth for 15-20 minutes

18 posts in this topic

During breath work mediation. I had a kundalini awakening about 8 months ago, crown chakra blew open during an sds sit.

i believe the jerking motion is called a Kriya, I just let it happen, felt crazy, anyone ever have kundalini experiences like this before, I always thought that some Indian guy doing this was b.s. boy way I wrong. 

Edited by Tony 845
Grammar

Associating awakenings with dramatic mind-body events can be a major distraction from actually having awakenings in one’s own mind-body.

Awakenings often occur in very simple settings without any bells or whistles. No drama, yet deeply profound. And often there is no desire to proclaim or own the experience. It simply just is. 

@Serotoninluv who’s proclaiming? I’m  asking if anyone else here has had these uncontrolled evenets as well?  Also I don’t have a guru to always talk to, just wondering...

Edited by Tony 845

48 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@Serotoninluv who’s proclaiming? I’m  asking if anyone else here has had these uncontrolled evenets as well?  Also I don’t have a guru to always talk to, just wondering...

It’s not to suggest you are proclaiming. It is a generic statement. A psychological self tends to take ownership and proclaim dramatic mind-body experience. I can see that you are simply curious about such occurrences. 

I think its fine to explore these phenomena. I also find them curious. Just be aware if the mind begins to create an “enlightenment story” in which an idea of enlightenment is attached to dramatic mind-body experiences such as these. Then seeking energy may arise that can be a distraction to more subtle and deeply profound awakenings that are present here and now. 

Notice if the mind is more oriented toward dramatic mind-body experiences as awakening rather than what is here and now, such as bird chirps, as awakening. 

@Serotoninluv understood, kundalini is not enlightenment, I fully understand, but it is an experience that probably 95% of humanity has never encountered. 

Edited by Tony 845

18 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@Serotoninluv understood, kundalini is not enlightenment, I fully understand, but it is an experience.

That kundalini experience can open a door to being awake, yet so can the flight of a butterfly. 

Spasms used to happen quite frequently when I would sit in meditation. They signify stored emotional blocks being worked out. 

15 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

During breath work mediation, I had a kundalini awakening about 8 months ago, crown chakra blew open during an sds sit.

i believe the jerking motion is called a Kriya, I just let it happen, felt crazy, anyone ever have kundalini experiences like this before, I always thought that some Indian guy doing this was b.s. boy way I wrong. 

Yeah, on my first awakenings i thought i went insane for a while. But expect this thousands of times more in the years to follow, or atleast is how is happening to me. I have everyday a Kundalini expansion, growth and something new to discover. This like physical growth, more than anything. Similar feelings. Cling to Breath to make sense of what is happening. 

For faster advance get into Tantra with the opposite sex. Is what i do and is way faster than sitting alone. The blockages get released in a more pleasurable way in connection with the right partner. Or for those shy out there, have a pet, a dog or a cat to sit at your side while you meditate. The natural influence/harmony of the animals help a great deal too. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Serotoninluv well I’m not enlightened, but this kundalini is re-wiring something, much more at peace, much less anxiety then ever,  apparently this jerking is purging stuff on some level. Again just wondering if anyone has more info on the matter & how many years things like could occur. 

Edited by Tony 845

1 hour ago, Tony 845 said:

much more at peace, much less anxiety then ever,

That is “it”. Let that be enough. 

Crown chakra open = no need to know anything. “Open minded”. 

Needing to know = back to thinking. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Tony 845 happened to myself during meditation. Jerking back and forth then I to small circles. I then flung forward and cried immensely for about 30 minutes. Life changed from that point onward.

3 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

@Serotoninluv well I’m not enlightened

The enlightenment story can be a distraction. There is nothing to "achieve". You have access to deep insights right here and now. 

@Serotoninluvthis kundalini is re-wiring something, much more at peace, much less anxiety then ever

That's it. Kundalini is a tool you have utilized in your direct experience. Go deeper with that.

@Serotoninluv apparently this jerking is purging stuff on some level. 

Perhaps. This could be one of many forms of expression of release. Just be mindful of the mind's tendency to associate "progress", "advancement", "awakening" etc. to some type of dramatic event. This is super common for human mind's (including mine). What happens is ideas and beliefs about how things "should" look arises. This becomes a limiting belief and the mind can miss lots of subtle opportunities. For example, let's consider what you wrote about brain re-wiring. This is something I'm really interested in. For me, I used to believe that drugs and needed for rewiring and rewiring will be like *omg!* type of experiences. Those are limiting beliefs. Recently, I've gone to deep meditative zones where some type of presence seems to be rewiring the brain. There is an awareness of this. Yet, it is totally calm and uneventful. It's actually quite "ho-hum". In the past, I would have missed this. It would have seemed boring to me because I was expecting some type of "razzle dazzle".  We often miss very powerful insights because we are not in tune with the here and now. We tune out what seems ordinary while we seek something extraordinary. One of the most effective tools for spiritual and personal growth is to develop awareness and intuition to perceive the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Regarding enlightenment: try flipping the script on enlightenment and see what happens. Imagine you are always zero steps from enlightenment. It is always here and now. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing is enlightenment. You don't need to go anywhere, read anything, learn anything, become anything or do anything. Enlightenment is always present. Whether you do those things or not, it is enlightenment. In fact, you can't escape enlightenment. There is no way out. Yet it is so obvious that the human mind is not receptive to it. Once the direct experience arises the mind often reacts "That's it?? Are you kidding me??". For this reason, many call it a Cosmic Joke. It's cleverly hidden right in front of us - all the time. 

@Tony 845 Kriyas are a normal occurrence with an active kundalini. I've had some kundalini experiences, as well as seen them in others.

@Charlotte I’ve felt spinning sensations about a dozen times, & pulsating & eye twitching, never this jerking back & forth, luckily I’ve seen videos of this so I wasn’t freaked out. 

Edited by Tony 845

I actually experience those jerk movements all the time, believe it or not. Right now, literally every day for sometimes multiple hours on a day. To me, it feels like energetical release. At first I had it merely with a violent contraction of the neck every 10 seconds (head jerk), which started in early 2018, now since a few months I also experience it as physical shaking throughout my whole body. Sometimes this looks more like a sort of shivering motion, and sometimes it's more a violent shock-like contraction of the abdominal muscles. Additionally to that, I often (feel called to) do a certain exercise —if we can call it that way, because it's more a happening rather than a doing— in which I place my hands on many different places on my skull like I would imagine they would do in craniosacral therapy (I don't know much about it tbf, but my initial impression of it), and I feel like this helps to release energy or make energy flow better. I also tend to puff a lot, to blow the energy out, and sometimes I have fits of deep and very frequent yawning which I also feels helps energetically to release tension.

And actually, it usually doesn't disturb me so much as you would imagine by reading what it looks like; Not the actual jerking and twitching itself, aside from some headache if I'm in a phase where those head/neck-jerks occur a lot. What disturbs me more, is the fact that when I feel that I need to do this kind of energy work, sometimes it's very hard to ignore the call. This can be whilst I'm at work, or out in the city, or anywhere where I can't simply easily retreat somewhere in privacy and do this energy work on myself. If I feel like I need to do energy work, it can feel very disturbing not to be able to do at that particular moment at times. Sometimes it's more disturbing than other times. 

It's also difficult that it's very difficult to explain to people what is actually going on. What are you supposed to say? Do you say: "I'm going to the toilet now to allow some violent jerking motions to happen in regard to my head/body, which I feel like has to do with kundalini energy releasing energetical/mental blocks in my system. It helps me to become less tense and I find it very difficult to focus on what I'm doing if I can't be allowed to do this right now". Are you going to say that every time? I feel like saying such a thing would create more difficulty than it solves. So looked at me from the outside, people must be thinking I have a very small bladder, :) as I'm going to the toilet in almost every occassion I am to do this energy work upon myself. I do have control over whether I will allow it or not to happen, but it's disturbing not to allow it to happen when it calls me.

So in my best words to describe what this very frequent and sometimes constant need for this kind of energy work —involving those jerks and tremors— is about, I would say in my own experience it is one of release. If something disturbs me mentally or energetically (and sometimes physically) —usually a form of resistance— I instantly have access to the energetical root of the problem —which I can sort of see through and catch— and then it expresses and releases itself in the form of tremors, jerks, twitches, puffs, yawning, and the need for self-performed acupressure on my skull. I actually do notice that over the course of time this process has enabled to let go of a lot of mental and energetical patterns which previously were making my life very difficult, as I didn't know how to let go of them before 2018. It does come however with certain drawbacks; Most of them have to do with convenience, but sometimes a "fit" can last very long and it get can a bit tiresome and then you tend to be impatient and just want it "to be over with" so you can start doing other things.

But this is my experience of it. I understand that everybody's experience can and will differ, so don't take what I have written here as a guideline to how you will experience it, or what you think you have to do based on what I have written that I do.

Edited by Skanzi

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

@Skanzi I felt like if I just got up it would have stopped, but the way I look at it by letting it happen, I’m that much closer toward a permanent awakening. So I just let it do whatever it wants.