Annoynymous

How to release Trauma?

61 posts in this topic

Osho dynamic meditation.

Also Shoonya from sadhguru.

It's just a random breathing. Atleast Osho dynamic meditation is specifically designed for that purpose to release emotional blockages.

Shamanic breathing is just do something long enough untill your head goes dizzy and you feel something spiritual is happening to you.

Shake your head up and down, put a name "shamanic shaking" do it for 30min and you'll get the same results as shamanic breathing, probably even better results. It's just random stuff with random consiquences.

Edited by Salvijus

EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique

Inner Child Work / Shadow Work

The Work (Byron Katie)

Sedona Method

Go to Psychiatrist

NLP

Hypnotistic Regression

EMDR 

There a lots more. Research for yourself what works.

I found a great technique and it's very simple, go in to a room where you'll be comfortable and won't be disturbed, don't bring any electronics, sit there for at least one hour, doing nothing. Don't try to meditate, don't try to relax, don't do anything. All your repressed feelings, emotions and memories will come to the surface, when it happens don't try to suppress them, just feel fully whatever comes, do this everyday for one month

Shamanic/holotropic breathing definitely works as well as the Osho meditations. Look for a practitioner in your area, doing this stuff correctly, consistently on your own is very difficult. Would also recommend looking in to somatic experiencing or bioenergetic analysts.

21 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

what about shamanic breath work?

this is where most people get stuck. they want to conceptualize the outputs of the practices before having a first hand experience.

unborn Truth

Why do you feel the need to release trauma?

Just saying, because, what if you didn't actually have trauma as much as you think you have?

Maybe the trauma that you are trying to release is hiding between your thoughts ;)

But sure, shamanic breathing works, even if you do it for only two minutes.

Free running has very similar effects, and it's actually more enjoyable.

Other methods that I haven't tried yet, psychedelics, long retreats, strong starvation.

Edited by Truth Addict

On 3/10/2019 at 3:00 PM, Annoynymous said:

what about shamanic breath work?

I've been able to release some body memory through shamanic breathing. It was stuff I had already worked through intellectually. This gave me insight that micro traumas can be stored in the body. I had thought that stuff was kind of hokey, until I directly experienced it. It was an intense release of decades worth of chronically stored micro traumas. 

Yet, I don't have any experience with acute trauma. My understanding is that is a different situation requiring extra care so that the mind-body is not re-traumatized by the previous event.

Find what makes you happy, find what you are most passionate about. Follow that, eventually you find yourself, your truth thus in realization of truth all is healed as all was never there to begin with. Find what works for you.

B R E A T H E

2 hours ago, Ero said:

because all of your fears and anxieties are created by you within the conceptual domain

Fears and insecurities are unconsciously created by you. If you do not create them, they do not exist. 

I'd be cautious with this idea. I think it has different meaning on two different levels, depending on the interpretation of "you".

On the human level, the "you" implies a personal chooser, which can add pressure into the personality construct. That is, if I am creating all my fears and anxieties, then I have to make better choices and stop creating these fears and anxieties. This may provide a temporarily sense of personal empowerment and may be useful for personal development. Or, it could intensify fear and anxiety. I also think it would tend to restrain consciousness within the personality. As well, it can veer off into victim blaming. "It's all in your head. You are creating all your fear and anxiety". This can be counter-productive - for example someone who has been abused. I know that is not the intention of the statement, yet I can see how it might have a negative impact with those suffering at more immature stages of development.

On the physical level. . . Mind-bodies that undergo childhood neglect and abuse have epigenetic alterations in the brain that change gene expression. For example, there is a gene that inhibits production of the stress hormone cortisol. Children that have undergone neglect and/or abuse often turn this gene off. As a consequence, stress cortisol levels are high. This is helpful in the moment as it can help the child deal with the situation. Yet this effect is seen for years, even decades - so that the person has chronically high cortisol levels (promoting anxiety) throughout their life. So from this perspective, I don't think it would be fair to say "You create your anxieties in the conceptual domain". These individuals have chronically high stress hormone levels throughout the day - regardless of whether they are conceptualizing or not. At a physical level one would need to epigenetically reformat their chromosomal and genetic structure. Science has not figured out how to do that yet and metaphyscially I think a mind-body would need to be at a very high conscious level to have that type of ability. This starts to get into Deepak Chopra heal thyself areas.

On a post-personal level, I think it has a very different meaning. At this level, there is awareness of the personality,. There is detachment and disidentification with the personality and personal deconstruction has begun. Statements such as these are now impersonal. This gets into areas of healing oneself, e.g. Deepak Chopra realms. This is an area I've been exploring within my mind-body and I think there is enormous potential in this area of higher-order healing.

3 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Truth Addict You know you have trauma when you have first hand experience.

I don't know. 

To me, the past is mere memories (imagination), so, in my first hand experience there's no trauma.

15 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't know. 

To me, the past is mere memories (imagination), so, in my first hand experience there's no trauma.

Correct. You don't know and those first hand memories are not trauma. One knows the direct experience of trauma - there is no way around it or escape when it takes over. You can't make it stop. Rational thinking and conceptualizing is not trauma and it is not available during a traumatic experience.

12 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't know. 

What you call as yourself or your personality is just a collection of memories and impressions that you've gathered. So if you experience traumatic memories that's what you become in theory.

26 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

What you call as yourself or your personality is just a collection of memories and impressions that you've gathered. So if you experience traumatic memories that's what you become in theory.

Trauma goes much much deeper than mental memories. That is just one component. The theory of trauma aint it. Those without the direct experience will not truly understand and know it. 

With that said, there is a spectrum of trauma severity. I think some people refer to lower intensity micro traumas as being trauma. 

• Be in total a-symmetry on psychedelics
  • Have a bad trip (I’m so full of sunshine on this forum)
  • Mindfulness Meditation
  • Radical Honesty until you die (more sunshine)
  • Holotropic Breathwork / Shamanic Breathing
  • Reichian Therapy