Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
howdoistopobsessing

Why am I/we here? What's the point if we just suffer? Why can't we all just be dead?

11 posts in this topic

My family's pressuring me to get job and I'd kinda rather just die. The thought being under stress at an Amazon warehouse for example is just too much. I don't even know if others are conscious so if I were to help people, it could all just be for nothing. I either don't know enough about myself or the world to figure out my life purpose, or life purpose for me just doesn't exist and I'll be stuck in my head stressing about life forever. What the heck can I do?

@howdoistopobsessing are you in a situation where you can "lay low" for a year or two? Perhaps get a part time job and just figure out your interests and life purpose? There is absolutely nothing wrong with "doing nothing" for a year or two, it's actually really helpful and recommended, especially when it seems like you don't want to get caught up in the wage slavery trap anyway. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState yes, I'm free to do whatever I want. Problem is I don't like the idea of work at all. Literally any work. Everything just seems pointless and just a coping mechanism until death and maybe even beyond.

"Do something that matters to you"

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, howdoistopobsessing said:

I either don't know enough about myself or the world

Go experience. That’s how you learn about both. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@howdoistopobsessing OK then... Hate to echo your parents here, but get a job or at least volunteer. Part time. It'll do you a lot of good. And in your spare time (which will be a lot) take Leo's life purpose course. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 3/8/2019 at 0:46 PM, howdoistopobsessing said:

My family's pressuring me to get job and I'd kinda rather just die. The thought being under stress at an Amazon warehouse for example is just too much. I don't even know if others are conscious so if I were to help people, it could all just be for nothing. I either don't know enough about myself or the world to figure out my life purpose, or life purpose for me just doesn't exist and I'll be stuck in my head stressing about life forever. What the heck can I do?

Thats the thing, there is no point! You simply don't need a point. Your 'purpose' is embedded directly in your existence.

Death doesn't help anything. You'll just end up right back where you started.

You can't escape the eternal present.

It sounds like you've done very little to build mental fortitude. The only thing making your life bad is you. The only thing inflicting suffering is you. You choose to do all of this then complain why you are doing it. Getting a job to get out there and experience might be good for you. 

When you think negatively about something, do you ever stop and ask yourself why you dislike it? Why are you resisting when you could just radically accept and be happy? Meditation and self inquiry are great, but you also have to go out and experience to find yourself. Meet people, learn form them. Direct experience is the best teacher and you'll learn more through seeing with your own eyes than just reading from the internet.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, howdoistopobsessing said:

@howdoistopobsessing There are people in the world that work their assess off just so they dont starve to death.

The point of life is to evolve and to lean to just be. What point do you think life is supposed to have?

Feeling like you want to die just for getting a job is definitely a modern, Western phenomenon. Dont you want to evolve past that? 

Edited by Matt8800

@howdoistopobsessing

Why are you suffering? That's the question that you want to focus on.

You're here as an actor just like me and everyone else, you keep playing your role until the show is over.

Why eating and enjoying food? Same goes for working.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:46 PM, howdoistopobsessing said:

This is life. All I can do is to hope and courage for you. Nobody but you can find the truth for yourself. This is the part of your everybody's journey.