kieranperez

The Responsibility of Becoming More Developed

32 posts in this topic

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

What is it that's responsible?  How is the Ego reduced?  What is the Ego?

All concepts but such concepts can be utilized in a way to live a life in alignment with root desires.

Just now, Shadowraix said:

All concepts but such concepts can be utilized in a way to live a life in alignment with root desires.

Can you elaborate?

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Can you elaborate?

I always like to reference back to Leo's video "10 things you want you don't know you want"

Wanting to be a benevolent force in the world, for example. By using the concept of ego to recognize your own thought patterns of a self you learn to become aware of them. Such awareness opens up avenues to intercept and react in ways better suited to such a desire.

Understanding of the absolute is wonderful, but things still feel very real inside this story. The kyballion has a wonderful quote:

"Keep your mind ever on the Star, but let your eyes watch over your footsteps, lest you fall into the mire by reason of your upward gaze. Remember the Divine Paradox, that while the Universe is not, still it is. Remember ever the Two Poles of Truth—the Absolute and the Relative. Beware of Half‑Truths"

6 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

I always like to reference back to Leo's video "10 things you want you don't know you want"

Wanting to be a benevolent force in the world, for example. By using the concept of ego to recognize your own thought patterns of a self you learn to become aware of them. Such awareness opens up avenues to intercept and react in ways better suited to such a desire.

Understanding of the absolute is wonderful, but things still feel very real inside this story. The kyballion has a wonderful quote:

"Keep your mind ever on the Star, but let your eyes watch over your footsteps, lest you fall into the mire by reason of your upward gaze. Remember the Divine Paradox, that while the Universe is not, still it is. Remember ever the Two Poles of Truth—the Absolute and the Relative. Beware of Half‑Truths"

What does being want when no thought is present? 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Are there multiple arguments? Or is there only the One, the ultimate true platonic argument? 

/s #idontknow

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What does being want when no thought is present? 

I suppose I would look at other animals for the closest answer to that.

Thought, just seems to be an experience narrating feelings.

This is why you must get to the root of each thought to grasp what feelings it is talking about.

4 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

I suppose I would look at other animals for the closest answer to that.

Thought, just seems to be an experience narrating feelings.

This is why you must get to the root of each thought to grasp what feelings it is talking about.

The problem is non-human animals can't transcend the Ego or the Mind.  Well, they don't have much of a Mind, but they can't transcend Ego.  Humans have these huge Minds that has its pros and cons.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The problem is non-human animals can't transcend the Ego or the Mind.  Well, they don't have much of a Mind, but they can't transcend Ego.  Humans have these huge Minds that has its pros and cons.

Certainly. But I think there is a part of ourselves we can learn from them to help that transcendent process.

48 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What is it that's responsible?  How is the Ego reduced?  What is the Ego?

Good questions. I have another one: what is responsibility?

I think responsibility has it's connotation, in a buzzwordy sorta way. What is action/reaction?

(Who cares!)

Here's the real question: Can one differentiate themselves from an ego without knowing Ego?

5 hours ago, Odysseus said:

Good questions. I have another one: what is responsibility?

Responsibility turns into a thought at some point where it comes up in a real context.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@kieranperez

Tiger eats elefant,

elefant eats plant,

plant takes water, uses sunrays.

Where do we stop? Should we give the sun back its photons we received?

You ARE the world, You ARE the tiger, the elefant, the plant, the sunrays.

You are making up things that dont exist this way in the real world.

Do what you gotta do, your intentions seem noble. But dont delude yourself that you have found some kind of universal purpose.