MellowEd

How to say I love you for the first time?

23 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

@Wisebaxter

Yes.  Respect for this.

I shall contemplate.

I still harbour anger and resentment towards sources that make humour or jokes around sexuality or relationships.

I was in a group dynamic one time, and a man was discussing "My wife did this, and blah blah blah."

Everyone in the group laughed. I did not. Their laughter was the Hyena laughter- a devilish, crude stabbing.

Jokes and humour are not in the same category as playfulness and genuine laughter.

I shall contemplate what you have said, because you are spot on in many regards on seeing this in me. Thankyou for this, and yes, I could have said what I wanted in a more proper way.

Your intuitive is accurate.

@JohnnyBravo I can tell you're a really open minded guy who's serious about carrying out ego-less self improvement. It's a pleasure so converse with people like yourself. You've helped me learn about my own behaviour, so in a sense, pointing out the truth to others can be helpful, if it comes from a caring place and not from a need to chastise. I guess there's a difference then between moralising/judging and trying to be genuinely helpful and caring. As long as we have compassion in our approach and we're respectful of each other, we can help each other grow. I'll be honest, I can be a bit insensitive and crass with my humour. Perhaps there's a better way I express my playful, silly nature whilst being more mindful of others. I'll contemplate this

Edited by Wisebaxter

On 08/03/2019 at 4:06 PM, JohnnyBravo said:

Dont listen to a this pickup sounding nonsense.

Bunch of teenagers on this forum is what it feels like.

Confess your feeling to her. Don't filter anymore.

I was the first one to say it to my woman. It kind of just "came out." And she didnt say it back to me. I didnt really notice because I was comforting her about something and just said "I love you" sincerely amongst many things. But it was said with full affect.

I left her at her house and went back to mine. End of story.

Was walking round the block home for a few minutes.

Hear running footsteps behind me, and it was my woman who had chased after me to hug me, with the biggest smile and aura available to mankind, and she said, "I love you too!!" 

Real recount of mine.

So dont be scared of this. Do what you got to do and stop doubting yourself. It is a risk. But too bad, there is no other way.

Great expérience shared with honesty thanks

I rarely express my emotions, and throughout my life I never felt loved. Maybe that's why I never had a girlfriend until I was 26. Just before we were going to sleep, I found a strong urge to tell my girlfriend that I love her. I had been thinking about our relationship for a few days and when I realized that I'm extremely lucky to have such a wonderful and caring girlfriend I decided to say the L word. I never once thought about if she would respond back with the L word. I didn't care about what her answer would be. I just wanted to say it, to show her that I appreciate her. To express my feelings for once in this life. You'll find yourself in the same position one day. It's not a big deal. You'll say it when you feel the time is right. 

Edited by 8Ball

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)