Sempiternity

Mooji just exposed as a abusuve cult leader?

197 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Why would a sage who did decades of consciousness work in front of a realized master would still have such ridiculous desires.... I mean.... cmon... Have some perspective...

This is the essence of what we are discussing here. Why would mooji sleep with his followers? There is always a dynamic between follower and leader where the leader can take advantage if he/she pleases. Why would he let them devote themselves to him?
Sure you can loose your ego by devoting yourself to a person. But that is not enlightenment so then you are teaching something else.
Have some perspective? haha yes I am explaining it. I could say the same to you, you seem to be unable to understand my simple perspective: That I get a bad vibe from spiritual teachers who they themselves claim to be enlightened, say they are god and let people worship them like a god. And Mooji reminds me of this.
Other than that, great post above, interesting perspective and surely some truth in it :) 

9 minutes ago, luckieluuke said:

Why would he let them devote themselves to him?

you seem to be unable to understand my simple perspective: That I get a bad vibe from spiritual teachers who they themselves claim to be enlightened, say they are god and let people worship them like a god. And Mooji reminds me of this.

As i sayed there's a lot of benefit to allow devotion. When someone is in the devotion he's most receptive to grace. 

Second thing. With devotion it becomes super easy to surrender your ego. Without devotion it's very hard crual process of hardcore sadhana. With devotion is very simple. It's the simplest and sweetest way to keep your ego aside and let the grace overtake you.

Some masters chose to allow this others don't. Bhuddha wanted to make things as dry as possible

Someone like Krishna or Jesus highly encouraged people to give themselfs totally.

Mooji seems to be somewhere in between :D there's room for everything in his teachings. If you don't like devotion just observe observe observe it will work. If you are a little more softer and ripe you can add devotion to spyce things up. To make your progress faster.

Edited by Salvijus

Those who emit light/truth will always be targeted by those who have built their whole world around darkness/illusion.

B R E A T H E

@Salvijus I see your point, like I said earlier: it can be easier to loose your ego by devoting yourself to an external person/object. But for me it doesn´t seem like true enlightenment.
Have you read Jed mckenna? he has a woman helping him who is totally devoted to a indian god, and through that devotion she lost her ego completely. But she isnt enligthenened (acording to him)...she is something else.

I believe the inner guru is the only guru you should devote yourself to. Truth is whithin us, not an object outside us, even if that object connects to the truth within me I can not find truth in another "thing" than me.

Or maybe Im wrong...I certainly am to some degree but that is my perspective nevertheless.
Thanks for a nice discussion, gotta go!

8 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

This article (from 2 days ago) was very heartbreaking and disappointing for me to read. Mooji is one of the most popular living enlightenment teachers in the world. There is only a small handful, and out of that small handful he seemed like one of the most universally beloved. He seemed like the living embodiment of what is possible when one become fully enlightened. Or so I thought. 

So if this is true, the whole enlightenment movement just took a major hit.

https://gurumag.com/becoming-god-inside-moojis-portugal-cult/?fbclid=IwAR2wM1q4uhgIdJHQjtoKti55tIph_hmTT6NionKBOH7QaJ8HUt2TMwX39Sc

@Jed VassalloVassalloVassallVa

Mooji posted a video on his Facebook page about how there were flase accusations against him to ruin his reputation

5 hours ago, luckieluuke said:

@Salvijus @Joseph Maynor Yes and the people who started to follow scientology showed their affection to Hubbard. Just because someone sincerely feel love for someone does not prove that that person is worthy of that love.
I mean cmon! lots of people have manipulated other people to love them. And when group dynimcs are involved it can really escalate. People can be confused and in that confusion think that they love someone when they really don´t.
How can you see that as proof that Mooji is legit?

That's a stretch of a comparison.  Mooji is not L. Ron Hubbard.  Mooji is one of the best Enlightenment teachers in my opinion. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 hours ago, luckieluuke said:

@Salvijus @Joseph Maynor

Funny, I find that Rupert Spira is sooo much more on point than Mooji, which is why I prefer to listen to him :) 
But I think its not a general reaction of people, it might instead be your personal reaction that you assign to other people....Then again it might be, Im not sure.

I think Mooji is so much more on point than Rupert Spira is.  I think you and I have opposing views on this which is fine.  People disagree.  That's fine by me.  I'm not saying you are wrong or that I am wrong.  There's more than one kind of chocolate in a box of chocolates.  One for everybody.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Finally.

I wonder why you guys give him a pass because he is a "great teacher"? I can also hop on the stage and start repackaging material. Maybe i don´t have the charisma to get followers, but talking shit is not a hard thing to do.

What good has he done, besides acting holy? Any "spiritual" puppet sitting on a stage is way lower than nurses, doctors, firefighters, social workers.

Edited by Richard Alpert

7 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

Finally.

I wonder why you guys give him a pass because he is a "great teacher"? I can also hop on the stage and start repackaging material. Maybe i don´t have the charisma to get followers, but talking shit is not a hard thing to do.

What good has he done, besides acting holy? Any "spiritual" puppet sitting on a stage is way lower than nurses, doctors, firefighters, social workers.

I posted three of his videos that are excellent in this thread.  Why do we always need someone to beat up on?  I'm guilty of this too by the way, so I don't exclude myself.  But it gets tiring.  If it's not Mooji it's gonna be someone or something else.  There's always gotta be some kind of conflict.  People argue about Spiral Dynamics or whether so and so is an "integral" thinker etc.  There's no end!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I posted three of his videos that are excellent in this thread. 

i don´t need to see any of his videos. Have seen enough in the years.

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I posted three of his videos that are excellent in this thread.  Why do we always need someone to beat up on?  I'm guilty of this too by the way, so I don't exclude myself.  But it gets tiring.  If it's not Mooji it's gonna be someone or something else.  There's always gotta be some kind of conflict.  People argue about Spiral Dynamics or whether so and so is an "integral" thinker etc.  There's no end!

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I mostly just beat up spiritual bozos. Their followers would be better off without them.

9 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

I mostly just beat up spiritual bozos. Their followers would be better off without them.

Spiritual bozos?  Wow.  That sounds mature.  You just ruined your credibility.  Who talks like this?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Spiritual bozos.  Wow.  That sounds mature.  Great argument.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Spiritual bozos.  Wow.  That sounds mature.  Great argument.

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I posted three of his videos that are excellent in this thread.  Why do we always need someone to beat up on?  I'm guilty of this too by the way, so I don't exclude myself.  But it gets tiring.

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I posted three of his videos that are excellent in this thread. 

My credibility? When have i had any credibilty? Nobody knows who i am. Maybe you should not take internet so seriously.

12000 forumposts at 40 years of age sounds to me like you don´t have much going on in your real life.

They are running a site based on exposing Cults!?

Who´s next?

Eckhart Tolle? :D

7 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Jed Vassallo What seems questionable is that it's a publication based soley on digging up dirt on guru's. Without a good-new story it wouldn't be much of a publication. 

Exactly!

People, enlightenment is not for the responsible :) 

It is freedom in any aspect. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

8 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Yep.  All grasping and striving ceases.  Enlightenment is a non-striving thing.  That doesn't mean you cling to non-striving though, that would be the Ego-Mind clinging.  It's effortless.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Hellspeed said:

How DARE you assume that I exist ?

QUICK, bown to ME and SUCK my guru «grace»,

Devotee

?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

I agree with luckieluuke here.

While the article doesn't seem like a compelling source, those videos alone made me feel uncomfortable.

I know for sure Eckhart Tolle or even Leo would kindly warn you about the danger of falling into guru worshipping and make a little speech about how some non-dual teachers ended up falling for the constant projections made on them by their followers.  I am having a hard time picturing them allowing such behaviors. 

Is Mooji living an ascetic life? I am convinced that being enlightened doesn't mean that your life stop. Sages do have a life, wives, children, drink some alcohol if it please, or have sex. How is Mooji's life in his community? Does he refuse all the opportunities given to him by his followers? 

The truth is, that I have no idea whether all of those allegations are true or not. And, I am fine with that.  It's certainly important not to condemn or judge Mooji as a cult leader. I'll so far assume he's innocent, but I'll keep an eye on it.

The writer of the article is legit person and it seems you didnt read the article. I have read many of her articles before.