Cesar Alba

Vision Quest + 5 MeO DMT

8 posts in this topic

On may im planning to do a vision quest for 4 days and 3 nights, Ive been thinking a lot about it and on how can I take the most of it, I want to do Kriya from Leos book recomendations during the vision quest retreat, and other techniques, also Im thinking on maybe taking 5 meo dmt on the peak experience of the vision quest, im sayng maybe to all of this, becuase maybe the vision quest by itslef is allready really hard. What do you guys think, any simillar experiences? Thank you!

I would highly recommend a psychedelic of some sort. I have no experience with 5-Meo but shrooms or LSD will illuminate whatever you need to see. Do you smoke weed? If not, that's another option. Weed has a similar power if you don't smoke it often.

The person who told me about the experience said that no drugs where allowed, and of course, no food or water. The people doing this retreat are nahuas, so theyre approach to the experience is very ritualistic, and this group of nahuas/aztecs/mexicas in special think that the use of psychedelics is "cheating"  I dont want to be disrespectfull to their beliefs of anoying the spirits, I just want to make the best out of it. I think that not drinking water nor eating food is something I have to do in order to get closer to getting a breakthrough, also I want to, But the 5 meo is something im not that sure. The experience itself may be allready too much, or maybe, not...  @Leo Gura what do you think? Have you done this yet?

Oh! Are you doing this with some organized group? You didn't mention that. Stick to the program bro.

Yes, we arrive to the "base camp", where a certain amount of peoples job is to pray for you, 4 days straight around a fire taking turns with other people in the same camp, when you arrive you and a couple of guides lead you to a remote place, draw a circle on the floor and then leave, so, im really going to be alone but its organized by this group. They dont check your bag to see if you have water, food or drugs, its your responsability if you dont get a breakthrough by cheating in some way or another.

I think you should really stick to the technique as they tell you. Things like these vision quests have been perfected long ago and not much else has changed in them, and for good reason. Just like almost all meditation retreats, they always tell you to stop any other form of meditation you are doing for the time being so you can focus on the one being taught. 

Plus it might be dangerous to do a psychedelic without having had food or (especially) water for a day or 2.

if you want to incorporate psychedelics into a retreat, you should look into a shamanic retreat with a highly skilled shaman and support team that employ the use of such aids.

2 minutes ago, passerby said:

double post

Edited by passerby