Cepzeu

Has Elliott Hulse become a cult leader?

14 posts in this topic

I remember watching Elliott when I just got into self help about 4 years ago but then moved on after a year or so. Recently saw this and was wowed:

Lots of cult Dynamics that I see.

Please discuss

Who watches Vegan Gains? lol 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

White knight mentality is hurtful to everyone, but to say that standing up for women is equal to standing down to men is hurtful as well.
I'd say that his biggest value is motivating incels to actually talk to women and get their shit straight.
Once they start growing, they may quickly realize that they are following a low-level teacher and graduate.

EDIT: Oh look! OP said just that, how insightful of me to post this response!

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Yes I believe so.

I am sad to say one of my all time Youtube heroes has also been into the personality cult- Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach....I unsubscribed from his channel after years of sincerely liking this man and his ideas because of the cult like people and vibe that emerges. It mad me sad.

The group think never used to be there.....now it is. Everyone talks and thinks the same. No critical thinking welcomed.

I loved Hulse in 2014 in his basement garage videos. But now his following is perverted.

Goodbye Hulse and Grannon. Thankyou for our mentoring time together which is finished.

I don't think so.

He doesn't force/persuade you to leave your family, give all your money, and live in his house. He's just selling a product, which by the way seems similar to Osho's dynamic meditation.

and Vegan Gains is awful.

This guy went off the deep end after gobbling up a bunch of red pill bs and his entire content has been a slow motion car crash of cringe ever sine. It's a shame cause his earlier videos from many years back were quite good. I remember him giving advice on weight lifting and tips to do with keeping a healthy dating life which I found quite helpful. I'm going to assume he was always kind of a clown though but you never really saw this side of him in his earlier videos since their scope was much smaller and his reach is bigger now since growing his brand. This isn't to say everything he says or does is incorrect/wrong. I think he has some good content building confidence and do think he shares some positive ideas. I'd just be wary though about all the victim red pill thinking, society is crumbling because of feminism, men are victims blah blah yada yada bullshit narratives he injects into his content. Remember: it's our job to separate the wheat from the chaff for ourselves. 

Edited by SunnyNewDay

Someone should actually send him the Cult series :D He's a smart man, he could watch it and avoid a big trap. Seriously.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

16 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Yes I believe so.

I am sad to say one of my all time Youtube heroes has also been into the personality cult- Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach....I unsubscribed from his channel after years of sincerely liking this man and his ideas because of the cult like people and vibe that emerges. It mad me sad.

The group think never used to be there.....now it is. Everyone talks and thinks the same. No critical thinking welcomed.

I loved Hulse in 2014 in his basement garage videos. But now his following is perverted.

Goodbye Hulse and Grannon. Thankyou for our mentoring time together which is finished.

Interesting. Can you talk a little more about RIchard? I've watched a lot of hes videos before and I really liked them.

Hallå

@SunnyNewDay The only thing I see Elliot focus on is developing boys into men because there is a lack of strong male role models in society which is not a new idea. This has been covered by other gender focused scientists.

Edited by SgtPepper

There's a charity that only helps female kids in africa. So nothing wrong with helping males.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

My opinion?

Hes a man with a heart of gold and a sharp brain on him. Hes got the ability to think for himself and he strings together clusters of ideas that are fresh/alternative/original to most other rubbish Psychology or self help youtube channels.

Ive talked with him personally as well over the years and can vouch he is a good dude. He has given me products of his purely for free (to me personally). Good modern business man he is; back when his following wasnt as big, he would talk to you (a customer) and treat you as if you really mattered and were there.

Im yet to meet a Youtube person like this, maybe apart from Scooby1961.

Grannon is cool. But now he has a cult like following which I dont like. I can also tell his modern content is heavily funnelled towarda his cult fans/followers and not just for the average person.

All his videos is like addressing his cult now, and give him a break because he is not aware he is doing it.

I think anyone with a sudden surge in fame or status will struggle to realise that out of nowhere suddenly one day you have a cult like following.

His personality has changed dramatically. Of course this will happen to anyone over a period of years. But the feeling i get is that he is really enjoying the status/fame and is also aware of the power he has with his followers unconsciously. So I think despite him actually producing quality content still, the issue is that there is an unspoken, covert belief going on that you are expected to follow or believe everything he says as FACT and true just because it is/was his own experience.

Hmmm.....tough to articulate why I have lost respect for him. But there is something different to him which is really Shadowy and not clean.

......Ah I think I know what it is....

....Hes feeling a shit ton of pressure because of his sudden rise in fame etc and because he is also exposing alot of his sincere personality on camera. I believe because of this, he feels uneasy about it somehow and is constantly trying to cover up who he is with a fake overconfident macho facade.

One thing I have noticed is a constant, constant, constant reference to him being a martial arts guy. He doesn't say it to your face, but it is as if he is saying "I am really dangerous so dont fuck with me." And on the surface level I believe he is trying to sell himself to the ladies, fulfilling a dream of being this tough guy turned intellectual genius.

But yes, the cult thingy is thick in the air. And you can see it based on this game he plays now titled "I am not perfect, but i am perfect enough; listen and do everything i tell you because you arent fully healed yet."

Advise for him?....Id tell him he is good enough as he is, he doesnt have to be someone he is not for approval, and I would beckon he take a break for one month like our Leo has.

I think he has, without his invitation or desire, invoked a lot of power all of a sudden and isnt aware what to do with the rapid imbalance.

He would tell his followers to think for themseleves.....but i dont see ANY of the audience thinking for themseleves. Just laundry mat circulated psych talk only particular to his channel.

Love and respect Richard. Would tell this to him in person if I had the chance. Hed probs get very defensive so Id be cautious and scared of saying this to him, because I dont think its the right time for him to hear this now.

As Leo has pointed out, beware that cults are now going to be mainly online. Spartanlifecoach has now gotten to this stage.