Identity

Is enlightenment something of the mind?

22 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Identity said:

Pretty sure that most of that, except for the "that's what she said" part, flew over my head. ;) I guess what really confuses me here is the relationship between relative and absolute.

What do you mean by “the relative and the absolute?”    What do you currently see as the difference and or relationship between them?

So, if I understand you right, you are trying to point me to the fact that everything that arises, all form and categorizations are part of the whole. Creating this distinction between the mind and escaping from it is a duality and overlooks that all of it is consciousness, there is nothing not IT.

Yes... but that’s a secondary duality of “part and whole”, derived from the primary duality of “Mind and finite mind”, which derives from a fundamental imposed duality of “Me and IT”.

But how then is it that becoming aware of this influences the relative as well?

What do you mean when you say “the relative?”

There is to some degree always this duality between you and it until you become completely formless, right?

How is it that you are not already formless? (Pen & paper - keep answering each question which arises beyond that one)

There is always someone or something that becomes aware, because otherwise there would be nothing, right? O.o

Describe this thing or proccess you refer to as “becoming aware”. What is that?

The wind blows but you don’t look for a ‘winder’.

The sun shines, but you don’t look for a ‘shiner’.

The earth spins, but you’re not looking for a ‘spinner’. 

(Maybe you are. Idk.)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Aaron p Yeah the Kriya yoga book has been laying on my shelf for quite some time, right now I am implementing a lot of things, so it will have to wait a bit longer. I will definitely get to it though!

"Don't worry about confusion, just watch the one who is confused. And if you become clear, watch the one who has become clear." 

This is great, thanks, I will use this. :)

@Nahm "What do you mean by “the relative and the absolute?”    What do you currently see as the difference and or relationship between them?" "What do you mean when you say “the relative?”

Right now I see relative as part of absolute. But I see it as different perspectives kind of. Like infinity includes all finitudes, so from an absolute perspective, there is no separation between anything. But from the relative, finitude, ego, my current perspective there is this idea of separation. I feel like I have to kind of zoom out from this relative perspective, let the identification with the part go to move towards this absolute perspective. Like the ego fades more and more till it completely seen through.

"How is it that you are not already formless? (Pen & paper - keep answering each question which arises beyond that one)"

I tried this, here is part of what I wrote down:

How is it that I am not already formless?

Who is the I that has to be formless?

Where am I?

Who is looking for me?

Can there be a looker and someone to look at?

Who am I trying to impress right now? (mind wandered)

Where is this taking place?

What is this?

Who is trying to focus? (mind wandered)

Where am I trying to go?

Who is trying to go somewhere?

"Describe this thing or process you refer to as “becoming aware”. What is that?"

To me it feels like separating awareness from myself, trying to look at what this self without categorizing it as me. Also, a lot is trying to shut myself up, which I know can't be done by thinking more about it... but just trying to kind of keep still. It feels like if I keep still enough awareness kind of shines through, kind of like I zoom out a bit, or become more of the screen then the one in the movie. This process I have been able to follow until I, for example, look at my handwriting something down, and no longer feel like I am writing something down or that it is my hand. This is what I wrote down:

"It's possible to literally let yourself be guided by the creativity and intelligence of reality. Let yourself be guided by nothing, watching how form gets created, and letting it come from yourself, or better, see yourself as part of the painting".

That's one of the experiences I think of as a mystical experience. I have more of these types of experiences, but I find it hard to interpret them afterward. At the moment it seems very obvious and clear, and after it, I question whether I was just deluding myself. Also, the range of my experiences seems very large to me. Like I am only able to reach these states at a very small part of the time.

Ps. These questions really put me to work, which is great, thank you :D

Realizeyourgrowth.com