CreamCat

Stop wasting the rest of your life on arguing with other people.

7 posts in this topic

You have wasted so many years. Do you want to keep wasting the rest of your life that way? Is it how you want to spend the rest of your life?

When you are arguing with others, you are actually arguing with yourself. I'm not saying other people are you. When you are arguing with others, you are actually arguing with your perceptions of others and your projections onto others. In other words, you are fighting yourself. It is not others but your perceptions that you need to fight.

Once you change your perceptions, arguments and fights will be gone. Once you free up many hours that could have been spent on arguments, you can be a lot more productive and effective and live in peace.

You should stop arguing and start pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone. Meditate and visit gyms instead of arguing. You could even do some pick-up if you are not comfortable with women.

Edited by CreamCat

I think a great question to ask yourself after discussing is: What did I gain from this?  What did they gain from this?  Did I just re-enforce my own beliefs?  Did they just re-enforce their own beliefs?  Try to find the nugget of growth from the discussion.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@CreamCat you are right. Arguing for the sake of argument or out of some form addictive behaviour is counterproductive.

But confrontation and conflict are normal parts of being alive. Avoiding such things may build a shadow of resentment, guilt and humiliation or create other mental health problems.

How much better it is to up your game in being able to resolve conflicts yourself swiftly or to be aware enough not to escalate things when not necessary. How much healthier is it to be able to confront fearful and potentially argumentative situations head on?

All stories and explanations are false.

5 hours ago, LastThursday said:

@CreamCat you are right. Arguing for the sake of argument or out of some form addictive behaviour is counterproductive.

But confrontation and conflict are normal parts of being alive. Avoiding such things may build a shadow of resentment, guilt and humiliation or create other mental health problems.

How much better it is to up your game in being able to resolve conflicts yourself swiftly or to be aware enough not to escalate things when not necessary. How much healthier is it to be able to confront fearful and potentially argumentative situations head on?

I think you can deal with conflicts and confrontations with minimal arguments. You can often just push your way through opposition without saying a word. Don't look for up-front coordination through arguments. Just do it.

Edited by CreamCat

8 hours ago, Sir Raz said:

You got inspired by the jp topic? ?

Yes, I was inspired by that. I saw so much shadow-boxing in the thread that I thought it was very wasteful.

If you want to do shadowboxing, do it with your body, not your words. Embody shadowboxing.

Edited by CreamCat