Lauritz Bewer

"scared of the Truth"

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I Had a glimpse of enlightenment Yesterday and watched the Video "radical implications of oneness" this morning . Leo said in the Video that "the ultimate Truth will scare the shit Out of you" . And now it somehow became clear to me that this "being scared" of the Truth is Not Like being scared of some Horror movie. Its different from that. The fear that comes when you resist is Not Like anything ordinary, does anyone agree?

Edited by Lauritz Bewer

Indeed, It’s not ordinary. The ultimate Reality and Truth (becoming the Infinite aka God, like Leo did). It’s stronger fear than someone putting a gun in your head. It will be the most real and strong fear you ever had and ever will.

If you resist that makes everything just worse and you will still be fearful as fuck. 

I'd describe it as more of a groundless feeling rather than fear. Having suffered from anxiety all my life fear is a big part of my ego and an everyday thing so going beyond ego always brings relief except for the ego backlash moments in between. The most dangerous fear is the kind that comes out in such low levels we aren't conscious we have it, and it leads to to distractions. 

@Lauritz Bewer One could generalize it as a big fear, but there's a lot of components to it. The entire ego basically exists because you can't handle the truth. Just like you don't tell a 4-year-old about serial killers because he/she couldn't handle it, your ego protects you from things because YOU couldn't handle it.

Posted (edited)

It's been a month.

A MONTH !

30 days that I distract myself by any means possible,
This is so consistent and absurd that it's actually funny xD

Must have been pretty close xD

Edited by Shin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
- Marianne Williamson

Is the most scary experience you will ever encounter in your life. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 3/3/2019 at 3:40 AM, Lauritz Bewer said:

I Had a glimpse of enlightenment Yesterday and watched the Video "radical implications of oneness" this morning . Leo said in the Video that "the ultimate Truth will scare the shit Out of you" . And now it somehow became clear to me that this "being scared" of the Truth is Not Like being scared of some Horror movie. Its different from that. The fear that comes when you resist is Not Like anything ordinary, does anyone agree?

There’s no fear, actually. It’s a thought in Leo’s head, expressed via a meaningless sound, which is decoded by your ear, and YOU then apply YOUR meaning to the sound, and YOU attempt to reconcile it with the rest of the thoughts you identify with. 

But, there never was “fear”, was there?

Just sound, and thoughts.

It’s up to you, Lauritz. Do not place “others” above you. 

Are you aware that you are aware, or not?

Are you aware of thoughts, or not?

Then you can’t be thoughts, you are AWARENESS of them.

So why would you listen to someone who is not aware of this (contextually), when you yourself are awareness?

Nonduality & Meditations          Have You Worked On Your Alone?

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

Posted (edited)

@Lauritz Bewer

I describe my no-self glimpse as the scariest thing I've ever encountered.

It wasn't gradual, I realised that I didn't exist, that I had no control, and that I just wasn't there. Then fear arose and thoughts came back very fast, and I was born again.

Edited by Truth Addict

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@Lauritz Bewer

I describe my no-self glimpse as the scariest thing I've ever encountered.

It wasn't gradual, I realised that I didn't exist, that I had no control, and that I just wasn't there. Then fear arose and thoughts came back very fast, and I was born again.

I'm not speaking from experience,

But I assume that if we truly surrender, then there is no fear anymore, no sense of control anymore (and no sense of no control either).

The sense of illusion was still there when that happened to you, so there was still conflict and therefore negative meaning created by the ego.

- Marianne Williamson

@Shin

I didn't have time to even choose to surrender or not, it was very brief, but I hope it happens again so I can face my fears.

I don't exist, but the fear arose from realising that I didn't exist, so whether I like or not, I don't exist, but how do I convince myself of that all the time?

(I = separate ego).

Just now, Truth Addict said:

@Shin

I didn't have time to even choose to surrender or not, it was very brief, but I hope it happens again so I can face my fears.

I don't exist, but the fear arose from realising that I didn't exist, so whether I like or not, I don't exist, but how do I convince myself of that all the time?

(I = separate ego).

I have no idea, that's why I said I didn't have the experience.

I just had the experience that I know for sure I was gonna die, which I rejected for days and weeks, but there was no "no-self" experience.

- Marianne Williamson

12 minutes ago, Shin said:

I just had the experience that I know for sure I was gonna die, which I rejected for days and weeks, but there was no "no-self" experience.

I've had this too earlier before I even started following the spiritual path.

I had dreams when I was a Muslim, which are interpreted in the Islamic culture, so I looked up that one dream, and I found out that it meant that I was going to die.

I used to believe all kinds of religious nonsense, so I took the interpretation seriously, and I had to wake up at night feeling too afraid of death that I couldn't walk outside of bed or even remove the blanket off my head.

Then death didn't happen, and I forgot all about it.

That story was almost 5 years earlier.

My no-self glimpse was 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it happened while I was asleep (dreaming).

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

That story was almost 5 years earlier.

My no-self glimpse was 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it happened while I was asleep (dreaming).

I'm not talking about this kind of fear of death.

I'm talking about facing death directly, not as a thought, it's beyond thoughts/mind.

You just know that you will die if you let it happen.

Edited by Shin

- Marianne Williamson

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Shin said:

I'm not talking about this kind of fear of death.

I'm talking about facing death directly, not as a thought, it's beyond thoughts/mind.

You just know that you will die if you let it happen.

Interesting!

I guess surrendering is the answer, but it's not easy, how did you get there by the way?

And did you have the choice between staying alive and dying?

Edited by Truth Addict

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Interesting!

I guess surrendering is the answer, but it's not easy, how did you get there by the way?

And did you have the choice between staying alive and dying?

I don't know how I get there, it just happened, then a month later again.

I also don't know if there is a choice, cause it happens so fast, and my reaction is so instantaneous that it's hard to tell.

Edited by Shin

- Marianne Williamson