EvilAngel

When people here say "other people don't exist"

9 posts in this topic

what do you mean by that? can you explain it to me?

@Shadowraix I was going to thank you, but seeing as you don't exist, I guess there's no need. ^_^

1 hour ago, EvilAngel said:

@Shadowraix I was going to thank you, but seeing as you don't exist, I guess there's no need. ^_^

There's only yourself to thank ?

@EvilAngel Because other people's direct experience is inaccessible to you, and all you know about them is through inference, some think this means that other people are nonexistence (because other people's direct experience does no really exist in your own direct experience). While this argument has logic to it, it's not the correct reasoning. To "get" the real reasoning you need to be enlightened or have a glimpse. It can very rudimentarily (yes it's not a word): When your own sense of being the false self falls away, the boundaries your perceive between things begins to fall away. Like Alan Watts said, your skin joins you with the world as much as it separates you.  

It means that they are me, they are not apart from me. Direct experience, mind, body. We are One being. It’s just that our direct Experiences, Mind and Body are unique. Not different in any way whatsoever, just unique. That’s all it is.

What makes you, you!, is the correlation of your family, friends, society. Disband your relatives and society and you does not exist anymore. Same with everyone. We feel a sense of self in correlation with everything else. 

Grow your awareness to anything and everyone and this is awakening, so we can see the full picture of what we are. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Yes an no. Yes you do exist. You have built up unique patterns of conscious intent through ages of evolution through reincarnation. But at the same time once you reach salvation through some form of enlightenment all that stuff of you falls off. And you are just left with the will of God acting through you. So with that as of now you do exist. Don't believe this hocus pocus that you don't exist. This is a good way for people to not take any responsibly for their actions and it's effects. Karma still applies to you and all of us, so don't delude yourself.