Aakash

what is normality in this day and age

14 posts in this topic

I have decided that all of enlightenment and sprituality is changing my psychology and unveilling too much truth that its affecting my perceptions and world views too skewed from normality. so i have decided to conform, forgetting about life purposes and going back to being a materialist, although my parents are okay with me being different and seeing the world differently. I can see that its too skewed from their reality and those around me, that i'm conversing with the world view of non duality and i cant exactly tell them the truth. so i've given up with all this and going back to unconscious egoic state even though i got close to the pinnacle of non duality in theory. 

so i wanted to know if you guys could help me list a list of whats considered normal in this day and age, to help me conform to society, 

marriage and kids, holidays , material possessions (cars, clothes, house), money, savings, morality, healthy living, need to get a degree to live life, no spirituality, energy is what the world is made of, repetative unconscious behaviour, sex, living day to day, lawful behaviour, survival of the fittest, friends and social outtings, work hard, make money, judgement and demonizing, 9-5 rat race, reactive emotions, get rich or die trying, egoic ambitions, all dualisms , 

mainly things situated around red, blue , orange stage of development, not green

@Serotoninluv i hear ya, and i totally agree with what he said, i have made this conscious choice, to suffer without happiness, to make it easier for myself and those around me, maybe it'll cause them suffering in unconscious ways, but inevitably it will make them feel more comfortable and fear less about the outcomes of the future. 

The choice is not either or, you can live a normal life and be enlightened. There is no duality between spirituality and materialism. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

but everyone else creates duality so to understand better its easier to be in that duality to be in that present moment more authentically, then just going with a non duality perspective and speaking from there

Accepting what is written above own experience. This is what is normal today :P 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Aakash

This path of spirituality is irreversible. You simply can't return to materialism and hedonism, the proof is exactly your question.

If you've seen it, it can't be unseen.

Of course, you can do anything. But you can't do it unconsciously anymore.

You've eaten the forbidden fruit of hell: Truth.

Ta-da!

Edited by Truth Addict

To exclude part of the whole is to again limit ourself to the finite...

the integration process is going to take understanding, give it patience. It’s not what others do or think that matters, it’s all your focus and understanding that counts  

Edited by DrewNows

@Truth Addict that is the exact thing i will be struggling against my whole life when i go down this path, i can't unconsciously do anything! anymore especially when you get to non duality. i look at a tomato and think that its an illusion, that's why the non dual perspective is changing my psychology too much, that i'm trying to go back. 

@DrewNows definately trying to limit and box myself so that it conforms to social norms man, life is just easier that way for me, ive already stopped trying to create a life purpose helping people and my i've had a weird two days, basically doing nothing. because i don't feel theres a specific book i need to reach to reach an objective, or have any objective task! i actually ended up letting go of some of my ego! but i have so many shadow elements that i'm not trying to get rid of anymore and that's how conforming helps, you get to keep your shadow elements intact and unconscious, i.e like the fact you are unconscious when you weren't aware of the truth. 

@Aakashsounds like your path to enlightenment or non duality has created a disconnect between you and the world...isn't it funny how easily spirituality becomes a part of the rat race?

You are right dude. GO BACK to living life.  And heck go back to conforming, it may be the only way to possibly go/see beyond the limits (but may be not) either way you will be following your desire

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@Aakash I never knew tomatoes were illusion. But now I know.

the concept of a tomato is the illusion, and so are YOU :D

10 hours ago, Aakash said:

life is just easier that way

Is that what you want for your life?

Or are you just hiding back in the trap of comfort?

Enlightenment in the end does not be change your normality.  When you are stuck in the first part of the Path, yes -- then you're stuck in the Mind, in thought.  This is what is meant by, "Before Enlightenment carry water, chop wood; after Enlightenment, carry water, chop wood."  You should be coming back to normal with Enlightenment, down from the heights of fantasy-land.  That's what transcendence of the Mind does.  That takes time though.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

50 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Aakash

the concept of a tomato is the illusion, and so are YOU :D

I didn't mean that exactly, but yeah you can say that.

What I meant was that all there is, is right now, so whether it's a tomato or a potato, it's Truth.

What's illusion is the thought of it when it's not there. And the illusion is real, so it must be Truth when it happens.

Truth is everything right now (all the time).

"But now I know" = Now is where I know.

Edited by Truth Addict