Mircan

Being more courageous

12 posts in this topic

Hello there, I wish you a good day!

I want to improve my courage, in just everything.

I looked around and did not find much about this specific topic, so what gives?

Is this topic more complicated then I think or am I just seeing things wrong?

What do you think about this? Did you do something to be more courageous?

Thanks in advance!

The most courageous act you can do is to drop the pursuit of being more courageous.

This is an advanced understanding. But not too advanced.

The real courageous one is secure being a coward.....If you cant understand this, then all attempts at strengthening courage are but ego stroking to make you feel you are now better than others or you are now somehow someone you can accept.

Dan Pena is one of the biggest cowards I have met.

He is not fearless.

His fear is being perceived by others as anything but non-fearless.

What reasoning do you wish to bave more courage?

Is there a reason to read this? Already the title makes me cautious, but if you want me to read it for some reason then I will.

Should one adopt a black heart- a closed heart- just for the sake of attaining a goal?

No need. I shall speak with Hitler and be mentored by him. He will at least do a better job and not skim around the issue.

Courage and Inquiry

I call this the Socratic method because Socrates was the first major figure we know who engaged this process directly, who sat down with people and asked them pointed questions such as, What is courage? Everybody thought they knew what courage was, but he led them in inquiry, first showing them that they did not know, and then guiding them through questions so they could find out for themselves. He knew the answer for himself, but when he asked the question, he asked it from the place of not knowing. He knew, but he knew that he didn't know everything, and because of that his inquiry was always alive. That's why so many people flocked around him; they were excited by that energy of inquiry. He could have just told them the answer, but they wouldn't have learned anything, for the important thing is to learn how to inquire, how to ask questions...

...Activating the Red latifa provides the soul with the strength and capacity to reach and discern what one loves and wishes to unite with. It gives one the energy and fire, the initiative and courage, to go after one's heart’s desire....

...At this juncture of our unfoldment, we need even more strength in order to go forward. Here strength appears in another form that is necessary for our inquiry. When there is fear, the quality that is needed is fearlessness. Fearlessness does not mean the total absence of fear reactions, it means that fear does not scare you away from your inquiry—you still go on. At such times, you need courage to keep looking at the truth even if it terrifies you—to face the fact that you’re going to feel insecure as you go forward into the unknown. It takes a daring attitude to cross that threshold. 

In other words, for us to continue with inquiry when we are afraid, we need to be courageous, we need to be strong of heart, we need to become lionhearted. But what we need to become lionhearted about is the truth. All kinds of things can happen—disruptions, hardships obstacles, fears, and inadequacies. You might feel helpless for a few days, or a few years. Some people can go crazy on the spiritual path, and some people even kill themselves. These difficulties of the inner journey are well known and have been documented throughout history...

Bold Openness

This is the time when we need tremendous courage, immense strength, and an adventurous attitude. For the true explorer, the bold voyager, risk is always a part of the adventure. So if you are truly interested in the farthest reaches of reality, and the inquiry is a blazing fire within you, then you too will experience this boldness. If your heart is open, this openness will manifest as courageousness. It will become a courageous, bold openness, a daring openness. In fact, you can become so courageous you dare reality: "Show me! Let me see into your mystery!"

We’ve seen that openness appears as love, as curiosity; with the red latifa, it appears as courage and daring, an adventurous attitude. Without this quality, you will tend to stay with what you already know or believe about reality. Then openness will have limits and boundaries to it: "Yes, I'm open, but only if what happens confirms what I already know." You might feel this way especially when you’ve fallen into the ocean and you feel like you’re drowning—it can be hard to stay open to see what’s true. You think, “I’m going to die, to disappear. I’m terrified!” But if you let go and let yourself disappear, you might find, “Oh, I didn’t die, I’m water—amazing!” To surrender in this way when we’re terrified requires courage—not just love, and not just trust.

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 110, 257, 281

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Sahil Pandit classic example of someone who is counterphobic.

For me courage is to stay true to your heart and being willing to feel what you feel, including fear.

@Zizag idiot

Great post. "Bold openess." Very good read thanks for posting this.

Thanks everyone for participating,

sorry for the late reply. I read everything and will include it in my journey,

Thanks everyone!

On 1.3.2019 at 8:03 PM, JohnnyBravo said:

The most courageous act you can do is to drop the pursuit of being more courageous.

This is an advanced understanding. But not too advanced.

The real courageous one is secure being a coward.....If you cant understand this, then all attempts at strengthening courage are but ego stroking to make you feel you are now better than others or you are now somehow someone you can accept.

Dan Pena is one of the biggest cowards I have met.

He is not fearless.

His fear is being perceived by others as anything but non-fearless.

What reasoning do you wish to bave more courage?

<3

A lack of courage can also come from valueing comfort too much.

Write down why you want to be courageous. How will it change your life? How will it change the way you feel? What impact will it have on your surroundings?  Then when the time is right, let your body take over. In the moment you dont want to think. If you have to, be kind to yourself. Concentrate on uplifting thoughts like "I can do this!" or "all will be fine, I will be ok". Otherwise the pressure might be to high.

Relax and do it like you have never done anything else your entire life.

I mean, I dont know the exact circumstances. Thats just general advice on how to overcome unnecessary fear. Take caution and be well prepared if you are doing anything that is actually dangerous.

Hello Mircan, in what area do you want to be more courageous?

In my opinion, being courageous isn't the goal. The goal is a result, and courage is a step that gets between us and that result.

If we can get the result we want without having to be courageous, then I think that is more simple (less steps involved).

That's why I ask why do you want to be courageous. Maybe you don't have to be, at all.

If courage is defined as doing an action that frightens us, we can try to dissolve the fear instead. No courage necessary.

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com