41 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Baby don't hurt me

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Shiva Where as well as what,,,,

@outlandish Kahlil Gibran definition is great too!

When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
as the north wind lays waste the garden. 

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth. 

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
He threshes you to make you naked.
He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness.
He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast. 

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart. 

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love. 

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, "I am in the heart of God."
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. 

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Baby don't hurt me

Don't hurt me

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

29 minutes ago, outlandish said:

Don't hurt me

Remove the me, supress the don't,

There you go, only hurt !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Love by Arnold Keyserling

Love

The essential experience is and remains love.

It can’t be induced by sensorial perception because in order for it to penetrate inwardly and emanate outwardly one must be ready for it.

Love is the medium of life to be attained, to feel at home with it and through it to examine and govern all phenomena.

Whoever opens himself up to the river of love loses his home: he exists in the Universe.

Sadness and darkness are no less powerful than laughter and jesting.

But in the river man is truly man, he is the master of himself, speaking with things without harming their sacred quality.

Wait for the fulfillment of pleasure.

This expectation alone produces this openness whereby love flows through all four gates and your center of being is included in the divine circular dance of happiness.

Love reaches from the body to the last star, it is a bond which endures.

One can never forsake love.

Love is omnipresent, it is all consuming, it is all knowing.

When there is a lack of awareness, love is destroyed.

Love requires your complete participation.

L O V E is fullness in equilibrium, letting go, always forgiving, giving, never confining, being aware, valuing that which is real once the dross has been burned away.

Love conquers.

It creates beautiful things, it is truthful, it exists in harmony with all beings, it protects and preserves values from alienation, it seeks nothing, yet finds all.

Seek the dark love as the path to joy and light.

Love means to accept the way things appear and let live.

Love comes from the fullness of being.

It is neither spiritual nor holy.

It is God’s gift to reality.

Remain true to this one command: love as a pledge of reality.

The opposition of the lazy can only be broken with love.

Love doesn’t mean grace any longer.

It means being a part of the primal vibration of the universe.

It is not something that you do, rather something that flows through you.

You can’t cultivate love.

Love cultivates you, once you open yourself up to it.

It surrounds everything; without love there is no motion.

21 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Going beyond one's assumptions of how things are. Whatever internal images that one might have based on personal history.

To allow space for objective realization.

?????

So is that a yes or a no ?

Because I still don't know ...

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

So is that a yes or a no ?

Because I still don't know ...

Nonduality is multiple choice. ????????‍♂️???

Become a Universal Heretic.

A Nagual or Shaman's way of describing non-dual Love or Unconditional Love - a state of consciousness called the place of no pity.

Half a dozen short excerpts grouped together from Castaneda's THE POWER OF SILENCE:

The place of no pity is the site of ruthlessness. Let's say that ruthlessness, being a specific position of the assemblage point, is shown in the eyes of sorcerers. It's like a shimmering film over the eyes. The eyes of sorcerers are brilliant. The greater the shine, the more ruthless the sorcerer is.

The nature of ruthlessness is that it is the opposite of self-pity. All sorcerers are ruthless.

The origin of the anxiety that overtakes an apprentice with the speed of wildfire is the sudden movement of his assemblage point. Get used to the idea of recurrent attacks of anxiety, because your assemblage point is going to keep moving.

Any movement of the assemblage point is like dying. Everything in us gets disconnected, then reconnected again to a source of much greater power. That amplification of energy is felt as a killing anxiety. When this happens, just wait. The outburst of energy will pass. What's dangerous in not knowing what is happening to you. Once you know, there is no real danger.

The position of self-reflection forces the assemblage point to assemble a world of sham compassion, but of very real cruelty and self-centeredness. In that world the only real feelings are those convenient for the one who feelings them.

For a sorcerer, ruthlessness is not cruelty. Ruthlessness is the opposite of self-pity or self-importance. Ruthlessness is sobriety.

The nagual entices the assemblage point into moving by helping to destroy the mirror of self-reflection. But that is all the nagual can do. The actual mover is the spirit, the abstract; something that cannot be seen or felt; something that does not seem to exist, and yet does. For this reason, sorcerers report that the assemblage point moves all by itself.

note: assemblage point = one's temporary perspective.

Although I feel that the only real Love is unconditional love, the following quote describes why I feel holding unconditional Love as a standard to live by is really a mistake.

"The idea of both conditional and unconditional love comes from the collective ego, and reveals its thinking in terms of opposites. Giving love on conditions is the ego's way of withholding love until it gets what it wants. True love is a Cosmic gift to a person's true self, and is meant to flow from there to other's true selves, and back to the Cosmos, in a complete circle. This Cosmic gift is never meant to be thrown away at the ego because the ego is outside the Cosmic principles. The collective ego has invented the idea of unconditional love to rob the True self of its very life force, under the pretense that it is "spiritual" to extend one's love to everyone, regardless of the ego's presence."

-from The Oracle Of The Cosmic Way.

On 01/03/2019 at 6:40 PM, outlandish said:

Parental love is pretty interesting. Until you have kids you have no idea how strong that is. It's true unconditional love, and it overrides any other love in your life. I believe there's no greater love than a parent's love for their children.

if it was so, why do parents continually get irritated with their child crying, flipping stuff, making mess, shitting itself, getting bad grades etc. I say most parents can only "love" their chils as long as it does not talk, as long as it is 100% dependant on them. Once the child gets a bit self conscious the undying love is not so present all the time. In order to be able to love unconditionally one needs to be very conscious which most people aren't so they end up popping another that does not talk back. Same with american soldiers taking vietnamese women after the war in mid century. Once the vietnamese women learned to talk a bit english and grew  a bit more proud and self-reliable they would often get divorced because soldiers could not stand the talking back....the guy in Road Less Travelled talks about this selfish and needy type of love which is what most romantic  love in the west is. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

15 hours ago, Michael569 said:

if it was so, why do parents continually get irritated with their child crying, flipping stuff, making mess, shitting itself, getting bad grades etc. I say most parents can only "love" their chils as long as it does not talk, as long as it is 100% dependant on them. Once the child gets a bit self conscious the undying love is not so present all the time. In order to be able to love unconditionally one needs to be very conscious which most people aren't so they end up popping another that does not talk back. Same with american soldiers taking vietnamese women after the war in mid century. Once the vietnamese women learned to talk a bit english and grew  a bit more proud and self-reliable they would often get divorced because soldiers could not stand the talking back....the guy in Road Less Travelled talks about this selfish and needy type of love which is what most romantic  love in the west is. 

wow thank you - that’s one of my main issues why i tend to discriminate a certain percentage of men and put them into drawers very fast. some of the most attractive funny women i know stay single because they just don’t find men who are able to handle them talking back - most people want sunshine relationships. and of course it’s nice if people tell each other how beautiful they are but no one wants to be reminded of their bad sides - so instead of taking critique or talking back as a change booster or foundation for discussions, people still tend to not wanting to be criticized (because that’s what they think talking back is - critique. the ego doesn’t want that because it‘s god already)

that accounts not only for romantic love relationships - but all relationships and that’s what we are in with everything we encounter.

???

Edited by now is forever

On 1.03.2019 at 5:08 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

What is Love?

I have no clue what Love is, but I'm glad that it knows what I am.

Egoic love on the other hand is just a shadow-based attraction.
Unexplainable familiarity of another that promises to satisfy the needs that we disown.
It is reciprocated when shadows are symmetrical. It is unrequited when they're not.
This is how we know that we want that person, but we can't explain why.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

IMG_20190313_164946.png

God is love

And God in them

On 3/12/2019 at 6:09 PM, Michael569 said:

If/when you have a child all this will make a lot more sense. You can be irritated by someone, and still love them to the depth of your being in that exact same moment. Part of your job as a parent is to teach your kid how to be non-irritating so they can function in society. But it's kind of useless talking about this because honestly you have no idea until you're in that position, it's just blah blah blah words and theory.

It's definitely not true that most parents can only love their children as long as it does not talk and is 100% dependant! xD 

Hahaha yeah unfortunately love goes beyond most communication. Parents cannot express their unconditioned love especially when being judged. It’s always there and it encompasses all forms of love. Always the focus is not there...

Love is simply attention, in the now. I could love a fucking tree as much as my mom in the NOW ♥️

On 3/4/2019 at 1:42 AM, Aeris said:

not always. we can find the contrary aswell.

True that. More accurate to say that parenthood is a huge opportunity for giving true unconditional love. Now that I'm a parent myself, it's clear to see that most parents do embrace this opportunity. But there are exceptions for sure.

On 16.3.2019 at 6:54 AM, outlandish said:

If/when you have a child all this will make a lot more sense. You can be irritated by someone, and still love them to the depth of your being in that exact same moment. Part of your job as a parent is to teach your kid how to be non-irritating so they can function in society. But it's kind of useless talking about this because honestly you have no idea until you're in that position, it's just blah blah blah words and theory.

It's definitely not true that most parents can only love their children as long as it does not talk and is 100% dependant! xD 

who ever said it’s the job of a parent to make their children non irritating - i don’t like teflon societies, nothing ever happens there.

just feed them sweets, they won’t talk back anymore. ?

you know where that goes ?=>xD

Edited by now is forever