CelticQueen17

Re: there are no other humans

23 posts in this topic

On 28.02.2019 at 3:21 AM, CelticQueen17 said:

Maybe "it just is" I'm sure I'm missing something here....please enlighten me if you feel moved to do so. 

@CelticQueen17 A good starting point to enlighten yourself would be to honestly try to answer the question: what are my extents?
By extents I mean physical (like body, skin, etc), psychological (personality, knowledge, belief), professional (work ethic, interconnectedness) etc.

Can you really find a single solid boundary between you and anything else?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

On 28/02/2019 at 7:51 AM, CelticQueen17 said:

Okay so I have listened to several videos lately where Leo talks about realizing that no other human beings exist...is he saying this because we are all connected and all God....or does he mean that each listener is completely alone & how can this be? Maybe "it just is" I'm sure I'm missing something here....please enlighten me if you feel moved to do so. 

This one's no biggy. It's like you labelling people as, well.."people" or "humans". You assume they are like "you". But "you" don't exist. The concept of "humans" is similar to "objects". "Objects" can't exist because the subject or "you" in the subject-object split doesn't exist. So yh.. anything which you label as "other" is actually a part of Nondual Truth. It's like everything is One or Nothing Exists. Something like that

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@CelticQueen17 I feel it's pointless to give much thought to the "no other people" thing. Yes, being an individual independent of other people is a blockage, a misperception. But it's a very deep one. You can't overcome it by trying to act like there are no other people and it's all you. Because the mind doesn't actually believe it. Believing you're a separate individual goes very deep, way beyond conscious thought, and truly getting past that takes a lot more than having an awakening.

For the while other people are a real thing to you, just extend to others the understanding and considerateness you'd give yourself, and extend to yourself the understanding and considerateness you'd give others.