Anton_Pierre

Torturing an enlightenment yogi

33 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

Let me go in the record for saying I have no intention to torture an enlightened yogi. I am just curious in knowing if they would experience suffering or peace. A lot of enlightenment teachers spend there time peacefully sitting and meditating.

There's a state of consciousness in which you experience yourself totally seperate from your body and mind. In this state there's no suffering.

But this state is not the end of enlightenment. There's more to it.

There is no escape from suffering, only building a huge EGO. 

@Salvijus "There's a state of consciousness in which you experience yourself totally separate from your body and mind." This is EGO. The majority do this all the time. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I assume their brain would register it and they would suffer.

That would be pretty interesting, no feeling of the body, like morphine on steroids, it's interesting

11 minutes ago, Cortex said:

That would be pretty interesting, no feeling of the body, like morphine on steroids, it's interesting

That's also possible. It's possible to activate your energy in such a way that your body doesnt feel pain. In martal arts there's a way to cut the connection between your body and nervous system then you can walk on glass or smash bricks with your head or smth :D

There're actually many states of being,.many tricks of the body to end the suffering. 

But most of them are not full enlightenment. One that could be closer to enlightenment is breaking your identification with the body and mind and experiencing yourself seperate from these two. It's a certain samadhi state when body can rot it doesnt matter. In your experience it's not even happening to you. I heard stories of sages who did things like that from sadhguru

Here's one interesting state.

IMG_20190129_120654.jpg

Edited by Salvijus

There have been buddhist monks that felt compassion for the suffering that their torturers were experiencing.  

Even Peter Ralston had his tooth canal removal without any anesthesia. Simply he sat with a smile on his face the whole time, when a normal person would become unconscious from the pain:D

Edited by Salvijus

Not all yogis are equally conscious. You can still be enlightened and still not be conscious of what pain. Vice versa, you can be unenlightened and still be conscious of what pain is. 

Depends on what you mean when you say “suffering”. 

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Even Peter Ralston had his tooth canal removal without any anesthesia. Simply he doesnt care about pain at all :D

It’s not that he doesn’t care. He knows what pain is. Pain is something you do. Pain is something you’re thinking and creating. Stop creating that thought. 

To contrast it with something more basic - it’s like when you overcome a period in your life when you were going through a breakup when the thought of the man or woman you were with could bring you to tears and a great deal of suffering but then 5 years later that thought doesn’t even arise anymore. When you think of that’s person you don’t create all those reactions as you learned (unconsciously) to stop creating those reactions, distinctions, etc. becaue you saw the truth of what it was. 

@Anton_Pierre Well, after you lose the identity as the self, there’s no one left to feel the pain. The pain just exists, but it isn’t happening to anybody. So how can you suffer it.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Salvijus When I read the part about Kryia Yoga it reminded me of Leo's 30 day retreat video and how he mentions illness. I know he's gotten into kryia yoga now so that adds up in a way.

@Salvijus It was done to bring awareness to the Vietnam war and those who could not escape the suffering..

kim.jpg

@cetus56 What would be the underlying motivation of self-immolation? To raise awareness of the abuse to buddhist monks? To inspire supporters of the cause? As an act of solidarity to other monks that had been abused and killed? All of the above?

It seems the act marked a turning point that helped promote international awareness / pressure and collapse of the current regime. I'd also think the level of social consciousness and timing to be key, in terms of stimulating social change. I don't think this type of act would do squat in the U.S. right now.