PretentiousHuman

Wim Hof Method is effective for Running.

29 posts in this topic

I recently tried the Wim Hof Method both cold showers and his breathing technique and it improves my overall health. But when it comes to running, im no Bolt, as part of my fitness routine, I go some distance and seems to improve my endurance.

"Wake up."

-- God

Martial arts breathing is superior. I was a rickshaw driver on a mechanical tricycle and a performance cyclist. 

Breathe in by the mouth with close teeth and inhale in the gums, Exhale through nose. 

This is superior to any breathing you can know of, for high endurance, try it out if you like. Not to belittle Wim Hof, his methods are good for those starting and for amateurs, as a safe method for short periods of time. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

i do kriya yoga morning routine (pranayama & ocean breath) before running, it does help with deepening & being aware of my breath while running.

i do run on empty stomach, but for 30+ kilometers it's a good idea to have a little something to eat halfway.

time restricted eating, seems to improve endurance :

Edited by Soulbass

describe pranamaya§ocean breath in european terms please

jc steven's kriya secrets revealed, describe these techniques in a detailed way.

santata gamana linked videos in his book series, to this person showing the techniques :

@Soulbass I watched the video and its an i opener for me. I have Crohn's disease and i think this will improve my symptoms. Thanks for this. 

I do yoga but what is the benefits of Kriya Yoga? Can you give me any channels on youtube so i can do it on my home? ?

"Wake up."

-- God

@PretentiousHuman too bad you have this disease, it seems like a pain in the *ss.

i'm new to kriya yoga, i don't feel comfortable talking about this :)

i would just say a book is better, than any youtube channel.

i haven't studied/tried the wim hof method, i'll take a look in the future.

Wim Hof method is awesome. Great for physical body recovery, metabolism, immune system, and even consciousness work. One of the best ways to learn how to cope with and understand pain, gain confidence and body awareness/mind-body connection. @PretentiousHumanGlad to see you’re utilizing it 

Edited by DrewNows

@Soulbass Yup. This is a pain in the Ass disease. But it might be a blessing in disguise for me as i becoming more conscious with my diet and lifestyle. 

I'll look into it. But as for now, ill just practice the Yoga im following at youtube. Wim Hof is great over all. Thanks!

"Wake up."

-- God

15 minutes ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@Soulbass Yup. This is a pain in the Ass disease. But it might be a blessing in disguise for me as i becoming more conscious with my diet and lifestyle. 

I'll look into it. But as for now, ill just practice the Yoga im following at youtube. Wim Hof is great over all. Thanks!

Don't give up, science could one day cure it completely I m sure, keep working, believe and be aware of your own need 

@DrewNows Good thing you brought the benefits of it. Im a Nurse and my job is already stressful as it is. Since when did you utilize the Wim Hof Method? Do you have any health issues yourself?

"Wake up."

-- God

@Aeris Kind words mate! Yes. I will use whatever alternatives available to thrive in Life. Same to you. ?

"Wake up."

-- God

16 minutes ago, PretentiousHuman said:

@DrewNows Good thing you brought the benefits of it. Im a Nurse and my job is already stressful as it is. Since when did you utilize the Wim Hof Method? Do you have any health issues yourself?

Well I’m a pretty healthy dude, played sports through college and desires to go pro in soccer. Few years back when I got really serious about working out/training, I got into ice baths and researched the wim hof method. My whole life I’ve had a fear of cold water whether swimming pool, ocean or shower...but to be able to observe the sensation of cold and see how the mind makes it personal, turns it into an undesirable experience, and labels it as bad is fascinating. During the method I am forced into the NOW and from there there’s nothing else to do but focus on the breath and expand consciousness. This method has given me new perspective on all fears, including all the other emotions which we like to suppress, as well as suffering and anxiety. Ultimately all are illusions of the mind 

I only use the method on occasion nowadays but I can understand those who enjoy using it daily and reeping the benefits as it also promotes discipline, mindfulness and alertness 

I ve always wanted to give force to everyone around.

together we are more powerful than divided.

btw, my only experience with cold water, is since september, I did every time hot shower followed by a progressive cold shower, immerging face and neck, but I tend to not push my head fully, because for me it tend to hurt my ears, makes them ring, take care. 

I feel it give me more energy, but no real science to back up, for me I believe it works because roman people was doing this sort of things and I find it work for making my mind clearer and peaceful when I go out.

I don't freeze my self to death though, my body stay on the edge of having cold water, not freezing to the point of shaking.

Edited by Aeris

24 minutes ago, Aeris said:

don't freeze my self to death though, my body stay on the edge of having cold water, not freezing to the point of shaking.

When done correctly there should be no shaking. Shaking is a warning ⚠️ to the system the core temperature may be in jeopardy. I’ve done ice baths for over 15 minutes and full body emersion. There’s no pain after 30ish seconds. Once you start to shake or teeth chatter it’s time assess whether you’re  back in the head and to get out of it continues, calming the mind can usually bring you back to equilibrium 

Edited by DrewNows

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

When done correctly there should be no shaking. Shaking is a warning ⚠️ to the system the core temperature may be in jeopardy. I’ve done ice baths for over 15 minutes and full body emersion. There’s no pain after 30ish seconds. Once you start to shake or teeth chatter it’s time assess whether you’re  back in the head and to get out of it continues, calming the mind can usually bring you back to equilibrium 

I did too, it put the body in a fight or flight mode, not something you want, unless you lack of serious grounding.

I didn't say it was nice cold, I just say something alright for not shaking, means not pure ice. But it always depend, yes the body tends to support more and more, it turns out in my practice that I can stay longer on a very cold water.

10 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I did too, it put the body in a fight or flight mode, not something you want, unless you lack of serious grounding.

I didn't say it was nice cold, I just say something alright for not shaking, means not pure ice. But it always depend, yes the body tends to support more and more, it turns out in my practice that I can stay longer on a very cold water.

For sure! It takes progression to work up to full body ice bath for long duration.  Cold showers are still fantastic, however seemingly undesirable, with the breathing techniques the cold is much more tolerable and no longer so pins and needles ha 

@Aeris Yes we are all in this together. What are some biohacks that you are practising for a better health?

"Wake up."

-- God

@DrewNows Thats my observation with the Wim Hof Method too. It made me aware of my emotions when pouring my self with some cold water in my body. What other biohacks do you practice to deepen your consciousness?

"Wake up."

-- God