Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annoynymous

How to change Emotional state

18 posts in this topic

Is it possible to change emotional state from positive to negative? If someone wants to feel good even in a stressful situation/environment, how one can do it?

47 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

If someone wants to feel good even in a stressful situation/environment, how one can do it?

I would let go, detach and observe the mind-body. Trying to push away unpleasant feelings and seek pleasant feelings often just reinforces the dynamic. 

Your emotions are already changing automatically from good to bad, to good, to bad. You need negative emotions to notice the positive ones.

Meditation helps with stressful situations. You can desensitize yourself and learn to experience stress without resisting it.

If you primarily experience negative emotions I would advise you to find a therapist. Therapists are invaluable guides.

@Annoynymous

Yes, it is possible.

Being present is key. You must face your emotions. Embrace them with acceptance and love.

Thinking equals running away from them and not facing them.

Meditation, mindfulness, self-love, self-acceptance, humility, compassion, and conscious breathing.

It will take some time, but it is worth it.

Good luck.

One way is to be intoxicated. For example when you're stoned on weed. Even in stressful situations because you're intoxicated you feel like nothing matters and you feel peaceful.

Shambhavi mahamudra kriya is a yogic tool offered by sadhguru to create chemistry of blissfulness. Or in other words be intoxicated all the time everyday. 

You can literally take blood sample and see the results of kriya. People who do shambhavi for few years report psychedelic like experiences. I mean it literally produces chemicals in your system. It's not a joke.

So yea... You see. Your mind is very unreliable, right know you feel okey, you feel peaceful. But next moment something comes and says hey this happened and bamm you feel like shit :D just in 1sec everything can turn around because that's how mind is.

But with kriya is different. Your energies, your chemistry doesn't change so fast. Once you activate your energies properly, once you create a blissful chemistry within you. It stays like a drug for a long time. Bad things are happening, good things are happening,  nothing is happening, it doesn't matter, you're still blissed out. :D

Edited by Salvijus

6 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

Is it possible to change emotional state from positive to negative? If someone wants to feel good even in a stressful situation/environment, how one can do it?

Initially, just be aware that what you experienced, changed your state - wether it was ‘bad or good’, just be aware that it did change your state.

Then, sit, breathe from your stomach, relax head to toe, and contemplate how that happened - look into what happened - look at the process, the happening. 

Use music to cause this to happen, so you can experience the change, and investigate what is happening. Play a sad song and see that you become sad. Play an energetic song, and see that it ramps up your energy. Play a beautiful piece, like Chopin, etc, and see that it changed your state. 

Once you have inspected the happening, the clarity is present, and you will then be able to change your state at will, without any ‘tool’. 

There are imo, ultimately only two states; wanting love, and giving love. 

You can choose. 

Then, there is only one state, of no state. 

Love. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Annoynymous check out shadow work 

Very good question. 

There are many analogies we can use to understand emotional life. One of it is emotional bank account. If the balance is positive, you can deal with stressful situations. But that is like taking money out of the account. Then, you have to do something that will be like a deposit so that the balance is positive again. 

Another way to see it is a garden. Don't expect quick fixes, such as doing a breathing exercise that will allegedly make you feel on cloud nine. I'm not saying these techniques don't work, but it is not enough to have a healthy emotional life. To me, using the body playfully and bonding deeply with friends are far more effective than any yogic technique. 

10 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

If someone wants to feel good even in a stressful situation/environment, how one can do it?

It's tricky. I ain't superman, so sometimes I take a break. For example, if I am in a stressful meeting, I go to the toilet and pay attention to my breath for a while. Some people can do that mindful observation in-the-moment, but I prefer to go somewhere quiet.  

@Annoynymous

8 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Salvijus Can you tell me some ways to learn kriya yoga? 

The kriya that I'm talking about which is designed by sadhguru to live a perfect life, a techneque that's been in yogic culture and transformed generations of people, a techneque that sadhguru has spent 21years to create can only be learned through initiation, there's no other way, you need to attend Inner Engineering program for transmission to happen.

You'll never get the results I'm talking about from book yoga.

The most horrible thing that can happen from book yoga is that you will miss the possibility of moving into totally different dimension of life. People brag oh i got some tiny benefits. But they missed a completly different dimension within them. After that the possibility or reaching those areas is closed. That's the most terrible damage that can happen from book yoga. 

"If you don't attempt those things, the possible is still open, you went there and you missed it, then the possibility is sort of closed" #Sadhguru

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus  i have seen the video. i understood sadhguru's point. But how can i know that i am learning yoga from a commited atmosphere? I live in Bangladesh. Yoga's are not usually taught here. even it is taught, i am not sure whether it will provide the atmosphere Sadhguru talked about in the video.

Commited atmosphere means they do something to prepare the space for the program. There's totally different energy in the room in those programs. 

I don't know if they make programs in Bangladesh but they make programs all over Europe US Asia everywhere. If there're no programs in Bangladesh i think Bangladesh is very close to India. I think you can get there by train even for 50€. 

I had to spend 1200€ to get to India to the ashram and learn the practice :D 50€ is relatively small sacrifice :)

Screenshot_2019-02-27-13-34-04.jpeg

The more present you are, the more aware you become of the non-existent nature of the past/future.

B R E A T H E

Control over Muladhara.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 2/26/2019 at 11:18 PM, Annoynymous said:

Emotions follow thoughts (interpretations of the situation).

If you have thoughts about a situation like: "Oh no, it's horrible, what I'm gonna do? It's bad, no, it's dangerous, I need to avoid it", then you will experience stressful emotions.

What you can do, is to notice and try to change your interpretation of the situation. Try to see the situation in a different, positive perspective. Force yourself instead of thinking "Oh no, it's horrible" to think "This is an opportunity". 

Like Leo said in one of the videos. If a girl was cheated on, she may think: "Oh no, what a bastard, everything went so well...", she will get depressed, her self esteem will lower. She will break up and then close to relationships, stop dating. And she will not find another man. This will lead to more interpretations like: "I am worthless, I will never find anybody". So she will have bad results. But there is a choice. She could have changed her negative perspective to a positive one: "Actually that guy does not fit me, wow I am free now, I can go dating again, there are exciting opportunities out there" and she will feel excited. She will go dating again and will get results. 

By default ego does not want to change negative perspective to positive. Because this is how survival mechanism works. But if you want to take control over your life, you have to take responsibility for your interpretations.

Changing negative interpretation to positive leads to change of emotions. Change of emotions leads to change of actions. Which leads to better results. 

You don't have to be neurotic doing this. Internally you can practice full acceptance (meditation, yoga, journal, self inquiry, contemplation). But externally you can take responsibility for your life, emotions, thoughts and interpretations.