Mafortu

Is consciousness truly love?

14 posts in this topic

Leo argues that god is all good and loving, and that evil only exists from the human's point of view. I was not convinced by his arguments as endearing as they may be.
One could also argue that love and kindness only exists from the human's point of view as well, by that logic.

If reality emerges out of a perfectly balanced oscillation of distinctions (big-small / feminine-masculine /black-white / hot-cold-...) wouldn't all the things that we perceive as "negative" have equal value or importance in the grand scheme of it all? It would make more sense for truth to be neutral (point zero) instead of love.

Leo became directly conscious of that, very much so. Enough said.

You would certainly think so. But when you experience peak states of consciousness, it is very much interpreted as infinite love or bliss.

What it actually is, well, it is what it is. But love, bliss, ecstasy, are all good human labels for "it".

My suspicion is that it does go deeper than the experience of love though.

@Mafortu Unconditional love is the acceptance of anything that arises without the need to try to change it. If hate arises consciousness will not try to change hate into something else so it will even love hate.

@Mafortu

Divine love is much diffrent than what we imagine it to be, it's more neutral as you said. Perfect detachment.

It includes and transcends notions of love and hate.

Bliss is not the ultimate state, deep serenity is what beneath it all - Perfect emptiness, so empty it's full.

Love is a man made concept. Love from a perspective of the universe is like a beehive, does not care about the individual. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

9 hours ago, Mafortu said:

Leo argues that god is all good and loving, and that evil only exists from the human's point of view. I was not convinced by his arguments as endearing as they may be.

Evil does not exist “from” the human’s point of view, evil is a thought, evil is the point of view. 

I was not convinced” .....If you hold yourself to be this separate “ I “, then “it” of course, could never be “convinced” because the perception that “he” is making arguments against “your” current belief has been utilized by “you”, and has reinforced “your” current belief that “you” are other-than the “evil”. Notice the fragmentation & thinking involved in deducing, the “argument”, Leo, etc.

One could also argue that love and kindness only exists from the human's point of view as well, by that logic.

Ya? Who would “One” be arguing with? Wouldn’t there inherently need to be “Two”, for there to be an argument? Are you One and love is this “other thing”, this “separate from you thing” which “someone else” argues with “you” about?

If reality emerges out of a perfectly balanced oscillation of distinctions (big-small / feminine-masculine /black-white / hot-cold-...) wouldn't all the things that we perceive as "negative"....

What experience have you of reality “emerging out of” something else? 

“You” make the distinctions (big-small / feminine-masculine / black-white / hot-cold) - without the distinctions, is there still a “you”?

”all the things “we” perceive as negative”.... What experience have you of “we perceiving”? What was it like, perceiving from / as this “we”?

have equal value or importance in the grand scheme of it all?

What do “you” mean by “it”? 

It would make more sense for truth to be neutral (point zero) instead of love.

What / who is, “it”?

What is your direct experience of this - “making sense”?   Who does some thing “make sense to”?

What is this “neutral”, this “point zero” which is other-than, or, “instead of” love? 

Perhaps if you can not articulate and describe this “neutral / point zero”, then consider it is just a thought which keeps “you” separate from what “you’re observing”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 hours ago, Mafortu said:

If reality emerges out of a perfectly balanced oscillation of distinctions (big-small / feminine-masculine /black-white / hot-cold-...) wouldn't all the things that we perceive as "negative" have equal value or importance in the grand scheme of it all? It would make more sense for truth to be neutral (point zero) instead of love.

@Mafortu  1 John 4:8  (The Bible)

"God is love."

@Mafortu

Love has no opposite. Are you conscious of this fact?

Love is what holds Reality together, it's one facet of the Absolute, just like intelligence.

Of course, "love" is a projection of the mind, but it is a precise projection. It is what it actually is.

@Mafortu In the beginning and in the end, is nothing. Emptiness. From that emptiness arises distinctions. Trees, leaves, grass, cars, anger, love, good, bad, me, you and on and on. Intellectually, the mind creates categories, separation and meaning. What lies prior to all of that?

As well, there is the intellectual thinking and trying to figure things out, and there is the emotional and experiential. Notice how your mind is more engaged in intellectual dynamics, rather than experience. What is your mind-body experience with such matters? (without any thought or analysis)

Just two years ago, I went through a stage in which awakening and spiritual growth involved love, connection and bliss as well as insecurity, anxiety and terror. I often spoke about how people seek only the love, connection and bliss in spirituality and try to deny the insecurity, anxiety and terror of spirituality. They are two sides of the same coin. Yet as I worked through all of these dynamics, attachment and identification to beliefs and the personal story began to dissolve. What remains once The Story is no longer the main act in town? Ime, the insecurity, anxiety and terror began to dissolve and a more pure form of peace and love had space to emerge. That's not to say that my mind-body no longer has physiological sensations of insecurity and anxiety. Yet, there is an awareness of how these thoughts and sensations are associated with a personal self.

19 hours ago, Mafortu said:

You can only feel negative or neutral about something you think is separate from you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

17 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@Mafortu

Divine love is much diffrent than what we imagine it to be, it's more neutral as you said. Perfect detachment.

It includes and transcends notions of love and hate.

Bliss is not the ultimate state, deep serenity is what beneath it all - Perfect emptiness, so empty it's full.

I know it's true, I member.

Not member in actuality or as a though, but I member.

The memberance can't be explained.

(I'm not joking even though I use the member word xD )

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Is conciousness truly love - NO. Conciousness is nothing.