iamnotahumanbeing

Where to meet stage yellow or self actualizing people?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone else find conversions with people you meet/know deeply unsatisfying? I do. 

I’m wanting to meet people that I align with more - people that are on the self actualizing journey and/or Sprial Dynamics stage green or yellow and above. 

Does anyone have any advice on where to meet these types of people?

Edited by iamnotahumanbeing

Move to Portland Oregon.

I went through a stage like this. Now I find myself enjoying conversations with just about everyone. You're going through a phase we all do. You just want to find like minded people. And that's normal. But I believe the more you grow, the more content you are in almost any situation.

Finding stage yellow is a little difficult but I think that finding stage green is a lot easier and you have higher chances of running into yellow beings that are mixed in with the greens.

Meetup.com can show you

- seminars

- drum circles

- psychedelic meetups

- meditation retreats

And such

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

I do plan to visit a meditation teacher, like Shinzen Young, on a meditation retreat or someone like that. He seems very easy to talk to, and I would like to share my direct experience of non-duality with someone like him and see what other lessons do I have left to learn in life. However, this is only after I developed through my life purpose.

If you want geographical locations, San Francisco Bay Area is a great place to meet Yellow/Green people. 

The main thing is you have to develop yourself and your life in such a way that these people start to become more accessible to you. Superstars tend to want to associate with other superstars (in the case of 2nd tier Yellow/Turquoise people). If you have no life purpose that you’re developing/working on, have no track of anything, etc. these people are much harder to find and also be with. For me, I wouldn’t consider myself like the average person in terms my own cognitive development but I haven’t handled my success, survival, and emotional well being where these people are accessible to me. No “attraction” can happen. This is why exterior development as well as interior development is important. A turquoise/yellow person tends to have goals and ambitions to help the world and their life circumstances and daily actions are aligned with that. Or they’ve stepped off the game and live a more casual lay low life (which isn’t really helpful for your question here). 

As far as Green, if you’re in the US, check out Wesern Buddhist centers. Western Buddhism is very Green and pluralistic and relativistic and you can meet such people there. Maybe go to more muse sims and meet girls/guys there and do a more “Green pickup”. Be creative with it. 

Having said that, as far as your point about conversations, I want to throw out some advice based on experiences and realizations I’m currently having: don’t expect Green or even Yellow people to talk about the stuff that Actualized.org tends to put out and such content outlets. I actually struggle at the SF Zen Center I live next to because it’s so Green that it retracts from the whole point of Zen practice which is to awaken and Western Buddhism is very much at the stage of relativism/pluralism that it’s stuck in exoteric teachings and it’s hard for me to even talk with people there. Not that’s a problem. Just appreciate the sensitivity and depth of these topics. There’s a reason why these things aren’t talked about. Understand that deep spiritual metaphysical matters really aren’t meant to be talked about (mostly). Personally I never really appreciated this and when I talk about deep issues, I would never understand why this would always cause a controversy and end in argument or resort back to shallow talk. It doesn’t make other people inferior. Just appreciate the sensitivity and depth of what we commonly share on here. Sometimes it’s better to just shut up and stay quiet and keep your deeper business to yourself. I say this because I resonate with that struggle in terms of conversations. I don’t know if that’s what you’re alluding to but nonetheless I hope this advice serves you well.