Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadowraix

What is 'direct consciousness'

8 posts in this topic

What does it mean to become directly conscious of something?

In epistemology you come to the conclusion you can't know anything. So whats actually occurring here.

Awareness?

First of all: probably the wrong sub-forum. 

Secondly: What you’re going for, and what Mr. Pandit indicated as well, is most likely already going in the right direction.

Becoming “directly conscious” of something ties in with deficiency-cognition and being-cognition (as mentioned in the episode “How your mind distorts reality”).

Also, as in the episode “The illusory nature of thought”, it goes hand in hand with the flattening of the illusion as our Lord and Master calls it.

So, all in all, “direct consciousness” is becoming conscious of whatever things are for themselves and not how we see them, e.g. for their usefulness, their function or what relative meaning and value is attached to them (most predominantly in relation to us, you and myself

The practicing in and of itself is therefore extremely useful and effective to lessen the quantity and severity of def.-cognition and to ultimately loosen the grip one’s ego has on how we perceive ourselves and the world.

I hope this was somehow helpful to you:)

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

10 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

In epistemology you come to the conclusion you can't know anything. So whats actually occurring here.

Awareness?

Depends. A fixed directness of being conscious does not exist. We grow or die constantly. You are aware now for something, depending on your level you achieved/discovered. Tomorrow maybe you will be bored about what you have been aware yesterday or maybe not. So fixed paradigms are just that, they are built for dying people. :) 

And epistemology is just a tool for consumerism. As any ideology or any tool. Don't make a tool more important than Breath and Awareness. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

17 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Awareness?

It means that you remove all the layers of fake knowledge (beliefs) about that 'something' and just experience it as it is.

Q: How do you become directly conscious of a banana?

@DocHoliday Many things for your reply and everyone elses.

I thought this to be the correct subforum as it deals more in understanding which is closer to philosophy.

To be directly concious is to strip away all the stories and narrative you have about your perceptions. For each direct experience you have there is a 'cloud' of indirect experiences attached to it.

Say for example you had to explain what a 'banana' was to somebody who had never seen or eaten one. That entire explanation is not direct experience. If instead, you give the person the banana and tell them to peel eat and eat it, that is closer to direct experience (for them).

It's extremely easy to confuse non-direct experience with direct experience.  Nearly all our dysfunctions in life are caused by this confusion. This is why meditation and hushing the monkey mind is crucial.

All stories and explanations are false.