Ook

Tell me about your enlightenment experiences

8 posts in this topic

Ok, i had only couple of glimpses of no self and they lasted like few seconds lol. I don't think i actually fully experienced nonduality. But im curious about you guys. 

Here's what happened to me the other day: 

So i woke up one morning and i felt like.... like a.... a NO-thing. I really can not define what that really was, but it felt like i had no identity AT ALL, i couldn't even feel my body. It kinda felt like i was a piece of air with no form. Yet i was freaking out so much and was asking a question "WHERE IS ME? WHERE IS ME???". But after few seconds i was back, you know, back to my ego. I could "finally' remember my identity, my name, who i was as this ego, and i can vividly remember getting sense of my body back. My ego felt relieved again, cuz you know it was probably threatened by this feeling of no self. 

Edited by Ook
i made a grammatical mistake

After i got bored about what is what and seeing reality on a very wide spectrum, now i focus on living at maximum. So healing the being, having more and more energy, more and more clarity in everything is my new cup of tea.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I had three mini-glimpses early in the summer before last, all after waking up from a nightmare. The first time it happened I sat up in disbelief as my experience of self didn't feel centered inside my head, behind my eyes, but was sort of spread out. I was shocked because I firmly had the belief nothing good would ever happen to me.

Later that same summer, I had an awakening that seemed to endure for a few weeks and never completely closed down. I had a friend over. He mentioned that he happened to have mushrooms in his car, so I was like why the hell not. We took them and I laid down on my bed while he was in the other room. Soon enough I was lying there in frustration. I didn't notice any sort of psychedelic effect and was frustrated because of course I now couldn't sleep either, due to the stimulating effects of the substance. Then, all of a sudden, I was nothing. Undeniably. I came out of my bedroom. My friend said something along the lines of "this one seems to be quite a body high". In my mind I was just thinking "if only you knew".

Around December and January I shifted into non-dual states of increasing depth and seeming clarity. Another deeper one in February. Some alternating emptiness-centered and god-centered states. A glowing phase in April, which felt quite nice. Since then things got more stable and subtle. Being in a non-dual state has become the norm and I can't really remember what duality is like.

Non-duality is significant as it happens, but anything that sticks around becomes normal. Suffering is still a thing, and will be as long as there's any karma, any ego. My path has involved a lot of purging and been rough, as it continues to be. Being in non-duality isn't much of a consolation in face of that. Shedding the ego is a long process, and the more rapid it is the more intense and difficult to bear it is. Or so it would seem.

@Ook I’ve had tens of glimpses of non-duality, and of different facets. The funny thing is that it was never a big event, and explosion of emotion. It was very subtle, yet profound. It lasts for like a minute, and then it’s out. Some however, have just stuck with me. I didn’t even realise till much later, that’s how subtle it was.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Long history, several awakenings, realization that I am an illusion. No self, no separate entity from reality, I am Reality, Reality is I. I am awarness. And immersed in full emptiness for at least a year. Then some 8 months ago I had a full experience of God, full non-dual consciousness. It never left after that, it only increased by the days. In my mind, heart, being and spirit. I understand now that what we call reality is actually God. God is all there is, only God alone exists. I’m not using God as a pointer, I’m talking about the real actual God. When you become conscious of God, you will know what God really means. It’s GOD. You will know that, understand it.

Once i lived before :D

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.-