Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyjohnsonman

What is the difference between ego and life?

4 posts in this topic

I was thinking about even though it is an illusion it appears real. To the ego family, friends, hobbies, travel, computer games and the whole of the material world is life and even though you are attached to these things as an ego, not being identified with the ego and all the things that comes with it, is synonymous with death. The part that confuses me is that  your true Self is nothingness (which would be death) but also everything (which is life).

I suppose this just can't be grappled with using language and rationality but my mind is dying to know the answers to these rationally. I can see how religion has so many dogmas as the power of the mind wanting to know these answers without having the answers leads to just settling on an answer and belief systems.

Your mind will have to surrender that, there is no way to conceptualize it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Yes, it appears real, that’s what an illusion is. You are already Nothing=God. Becoming Nothing and thus becoming God is death for the ego. The ego cannot die, only for some time but not for a whole life time. It will come back even after the most full non-dual experience ever experienced. But it will come back weaker. Exposed as the illusion that it is. But you, conscious and aware of God, must live with it in this body. Make the best out of it ;)

Ego is your personality. Life gets clearer and greater when the being reconsolidates to a new level of consciousness, even the perception will increase. So Ego is own limitation or stubbornness that reality is only what i can see or feel now. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.