NoSelfSelf

Stage orange values

8 posts in this topic

The values that i like are mostly stage orange and i dont pursue them because i see that ill transcend them but every time i try to put other values they dont motivate me...so i end up with values like progress achievement self mastery those things motivate me but intuitevly i see there is nothing in them so i end up throwing my top 10 values to the side every time...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Make sure you don't fake your value selection. You can't just jump over a stage, you have to experience it and stay in it a while. Perhaps you are not yet ready to move away from Orange yet and that's fine. Spend some more time earning money, gaining status, power and striving for achievement while reading some Orange books. Being a concious individual you will naturally start moving away from it just make sure it does not happen by force. Will be much worse to be a money hungry hippie pretender who deep inside does not give a shit about animals, planet or other people. You'll just end up confused and will alienate both green and orange. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@NoSelfSelf In order to see your ignorance first-hand, you need to suffer and self-reflect.
Don't try to be smarter than yourself, you're not. Accept that you're orange and act like it, even if your pride does not allow it.
Like @Michael569 said, there are no shortcuts to growth.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@NoSelfSelf I find it best to be honest about my true desires and to pursue my true desires in a healthy way. I had many Orange-level personal goals I pursued for many years (and still do).

As well, it is not all or nothing. 80% of your time could be oriented to pursuing Orange-level areas and 20% pursuing Green-level areas. Also, you could aim to get "toofers". For example, pursuing something that gives you personal achievement and recognition (orange), yet also increases the wellness of the community (green).

For example, one could design a technological gadget that would make them a lot of money - yet the gadget might not help the welfare of the community - such as a gadget that allows people to sneak alcohol into sporting events. Or one could design a gadget that gives them personal gain, yet also contributes to the wellness of a community. For example, one could say the developer of Fitbit gained a lot of individual success and income, yet offered a product that encouraged people to exercise more - thus increasing the wellness of society. 

Orange is about being true to yourself and not living someone else's life. I would just encourage that it be done in a way that doesn't harm others in the community.

It seems like you are trying to transcend Orange before being actually Orange. Like Scott Peck says in his book "Road Less Travelled": "We can only transcend what we have!"

You can't transcend your desire for money, without having enough money. You can't transcend your desire for winning, until you are a winner. Because then you are just a loser. Don't try to give something up that you don't have yet.

Also look at Maslow's hierarchy of needs. You probably have some unmet needs. Take care of them before focusing on enlightenment or self-actualization. Otherwise it is fake.

Edited by Actualizer777
Grammar mistake

@NoSelfSelf You are getting ahead of your skiis.

You must be honest about where you actually ARE, not some fantasy about the future.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Trying to be turquoise so badly is actually an unhealthy orange desire, you are deceiving yourself ;) 

Examples of healthy things you can do with orange thinking: Work on your health, exercise, developed useful technical skills, compete (maybe you are learning something and there is a competition, that can really push you forward, but you say: nah, this is just ego... this is a looser mindset for you), learn to manage your time, work on your mind (learn a new language, play chess, learn to cook your own meals), have productive conversations with people, develop discipline (one of the 4 agreements is doing your best - excel in the areas of your life which you love, simply do your best, outcompete others for the sake of not being lazy, this is not unhealthy what so ever - would you like someone like Eckhart Tolle to say: well, maybe going to all these places and interviewing people like Oprah is just ego, let's stop...), read books, meditate...