cena655

Different Desires for Awakening

7 posts in this topic

Does it actually matter why (the reason) I am on the path of enlightenment? I mean should someone be on this path just for Truths' sake? Or could someone have some worldy desires, e.g. becoming for successful with my business or girls etc...? I'm confused if that's a valid reason to follow this path...

1 hour ago, cena655 said:

Does it actually matter why (the reason) I am on the path of enlightenment?

No

could someone have some worldy desires, e.g. becoming for successful with my business or girls etc...?

I doubt it will make you more successful in business or with girls. Those are completely unrelated things

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Or could someone have some worldy desires, e.g. becoming for successful with my business or girls etc...? I'm confused if that's a valid reason to follow this path...

@cena655 Spirituality isn't about attaining worldly gains per se. Becoming more conscious will make you a more open and excepting person which will express itself in the way you deal with the world at large. That in itself is always a plus but not the "true at heart" reason to actually follow a spiritual path but it is a positive byproduct that is applied to everyday life.

3 hours ago, cena655 said:

Does it actually matter why (the reason) I am on the path of enlightenment? I mean should someone be on this path just for Truths' sake? Or could someone have some worldy desires, e.g. becoming for successful with my business or girls etc...? I'm confused if that's a valid reason to follow this path...

Sadhguru did Yoga to be fit pshycially and mentaly but ended up being totally enlightened :D

Like he says. Your intentions doesn't matter. If you do the right things, right things will happen to you.

@Salvijusexactly! Thanks for the reminder.

Once Leo released a video about the benefits of enlightenment. Those benefits are extremely desireable for the ego-mind. 

3 hours ago, cena655 said:

@Salvijusexactly! Thanks for the reminder.

Once Leo released a video about the benefits of enlightenment. Those benefits are extremely desireable for the ego-mind. 

@cena655 yeah I know my motives are quite selfish like. I want to be good and experience peace so that I can enjoy life. However I know this part of me will die eventually and that I will be reborn as something much more humble. If the practises are working and powerful, true enlightenment will burn away the sinful nature and release the seeker into the clarity of their own existence. I cannot WAIT